Discussion COMPLETED eBay Auctions of AFL Guernseys - NO LIVE AUCTIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Please don't take this sarcastically but maybe a saints fan who wears 54 at a local club had it. Or it could have been some first year played who changed his number the next year.
Possibly.

But the AFL watermark tells me it was made to be worn by a player, and I doubt some bloke playing local twos would go to the trouble of stitching a number on in the exact fashion that they do for player issue guernseys, and choose the number 54 of all numbers?

Maybe try and get your hands on a 1999 afl record and see if they had the reserves squad lists. They would of had to had top up players, like the stand alone afl teams in the vfl have.

Possibly.

But the AFL watermark tells me it was made to be worn by a player, and I doubt some bloke playing local twos would go to the trouble of stitching a number on in the exact fashion that they do for player issue guernseys, and choose the number 54 of all numbers?

All the puma retails of the late 90's had the afl watermarks. Some teams either stitched numbers on, or had them printed on like the eagles did in that era. So really it's pretty hard to tell exactly what that specific Guernsey is.

How much would a 1980 Richmond lace up go for? I know someone who owns one...
80flag_246f.jpg

I'm keen to buy one if they still have it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember 2 years ago when this one bloke made fake jumpers with the Star Athletic template/fabric and when I questioned him about it, he said "Selling my ex's stuff" But continued to make jumpers the following year (His ex predicted the future? nah) I blew the whistle and he stopped for like 6 months then came back. In the process, I Got a Pies ANZAC jumper from the Star Athletic CEO since the HQ was near my TAFE at the time. Either the seller above makes it themselves or knows someone that does custom jumpers and let him mess around with the machine or somehow gets them done overseas where they just slap anything on a jumper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember 2 years ago when this one bloke made fake jumpers with the Star Athletic template/fabric and when I questioned him about it, he said "Selling my ex's stuff" But continued to make jumpers the following year (His ex predicted the future? nah) I blew the whistle and he stopped for like 6 months then came back. In the process, I Got a Pies ANZAC jumper from the Star Athletic CEO since the HQ was near my TAFE at the time. Either the seller above makes it themselves or knows someone that does custom jumpers and let him mess around with the machine or somehow gets them done overseas where they just slap anything on a jumper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

star athletic’s supplier in China sold “knockoff” Collingwood guernseys and is where most of these fakes are made.

star athletic’s supplier in China sold “knockoff” Collingwood guernseys and is where most of these fakes are made.
Those were real weren’t they?
I’m surprised I never put 2 and 2 together and realised that the real and fakes could be from the same place.

Some interesting auctions recently.

GrDXOrA.jpg

h5V88wS.jpg
MfTu0To.jpg
V5nDaOG.jpg
IvZjjM9.jpg
bX1GRQy.jpg
sgutGzm.jpg
YOavSQ0.jpg
ZLRgDvf.jpg
47K9Ng0.jpg

Huge prices for all of the jumpers - especially the Peril which is only a retail and quite a small size, and the Tigers '80s jumper as well - would be interesting to see whether it can be authenticated. Bulldogs pre-season, WCE heritage and Richmond heritage are nice pick ups for a good price, quite rare too. Whoever purchased the Ochre may have overpaid - I'm not sure on the market value of WCE jumpers, but one covered with signatures would probably command less of a price than a clean one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back