Teams Completed teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Given we've had 9 trades over the past 3 weeks, and we definitely haven't sideways traded any premiums have tried not to sideways trade any premiums, I thought this would be a good time to ask the question: who has reached 22+ premiums in their side, and if so - post away!

For me I'm currently sitting with:
D6: Burton
M8: rookie
R2: Jacobs
F5/F6: Rockliff/Fritsch.

I'm quietly confident Burton, Rocky and Fritsch can keep things going for a couple of weeks, so my priorities will be the final midfield upgrade, and Jacobs upgrade.

Given we've had 9 trades over the past 3 weeks, and we definitely haven't sideways traded any premiums have tried not to sideways trade any premiums, I thought this would be a good time to ask the question: who has reached 22+ premiums in their side, and if so - post away!
RSVP'ing, I'll be 3 weeks late.

Good thread.

I'll also RSVP for 3 weeks' time.

Currently:
D6: Redman/Rice/Mirra (D5 Brayshaw)
M8: Rockliff
R2: NicNat
F6: Guelfi/Ahern (F5 Walters)

Have got the cash for NicNat > Grundy this week, then upgrade the D6 & F6 in the following weeks. Keen to get Laird back in my team, and bring in an extra elite MID (Kelly/Macrae/Murphy/Fyfe) so that Rocky can be F6.

Your thread, your criteria so let's have it..
At a quick glance,

Defender, around 20 players AVG 85 plus.

Premium mids would maybe be top 50 avg scorers being that 50mids average over 90.

Rucks any 2 of the top 3 are the real Premo combo but any of Witt's, Sinclair or Kreuzer could make up a respectable completed team.

Fwds the top 18 average over 85.

If they don't come close to above after half a dozen games then they're not quite Premo.
(Ie Fritsch averages 80 but if the top 18 all average over 85 you could have a lot of different, higher scoring combos that don't include him)

After the last few weeks, Caddy, Savage & Dusty have exited my plans for a completed side (only Martin @ M8 remains even though Caddy just scrapes in the above forward criteria)

Caddy may well average over 85 at year's end, I just didn't like his last few terrible scores and now unobtainable break even.
The
D6 - Doedee (Can upgrade with the cash from Austin $391k/Murphy $295k on bench)
M8 is Dustin Martin (can upgrade with Phillips/Ahern $ on bench)
R2 - Lycett ($ in bank for Grundy after I fix my forward line)

F4/5/6
Fritsch 80/ Wingard 74, Ronke 74.
Needs upgrade this week.
Forward line has been an issue. Started with top line of McLean Caddy & Dahlhaus.

Last edited:
Curious what others feel a Premo cut off is this year.
I think we may need to be more lenient with forward average as DPP hasn't helped us there.

Think I'm about right with the mids (90+minimum or get out)

Rucks top 3 (Grundy, Gawn, Martin), then the next (Witt's, Sinclair, Kreuzer) if you have 1 + 1

With 20 defenders averaging over 85, I think that cut off is fair.

Thought my team was completed last week, but DBJ and Fritsch aren't going to be premiums.

I'll be upgrading both in the coming weeks

Will have one rookie left on field after this week's upcoming trades (pending no injuries/suspensions), with that rookie being either Giro or Ahern (probably Ahern). However, that's with Hibberd at D6 and Sauce at R2 that I'll look to upgrade once I get rid of the last on field rookie.

Your thread, your criteria so let's have it..
At a quick glance,

Defender, around 20 players AVG 85 plus.

Premium mids would maybe be top 50 avg scorers being that 50mids average over 90.

Rucks any 2 of the top 3 are the real Premo combo but any of Witt's, Sinclair or Kreuzer could make up a respectable completed team.

Fwds the top 18 average over 85.

If they don't come close to above after half a dozen games then they're not quite Premo.
(Ie Fritsch averages 80 but if the top 18 all average over 85 you could have a lot of different, higher scoring combos that don't include him) </snip>

I like this for a premium definition. For the purpose of this thread I think we could use that (pending samFFC approval!). I'd also want to note a subcategory which I'd call elite, which denotes the top 5-10 in each category as there can be a big gap between a Laird averaging 110 and a Goddard who might scrape 85. That's 575pts over a season if they play 23 games. Even more pronounced in the mids where you've got Macrae and Mitchell averaging 120.

With that in mind I'd suggest the following definitions.

DEF premium ave 85+ (top 20 players)
DEF elite ave 95+ (currently 6 players with Crisp and Brayshaw just outside).

MID premium ave 90+ (top 50 players)
MID elite ave 105+ (top 12 or so players)

RUC premium ave 90+ (currently 6 players)
RUC elite ave 110+ (Grundy, Gawn, Martin)

FWD premium ave 85+ (around 20 players)
FWD elite ave 95+ (top 8 players)

Nope. Too many untimely premo injuries. Another big FU to Macrae and Walters. Next week I'll be down to one rook and NicNat though assuming no more injuries!!!!!!!! (Cuz ready for dbl upgrade, Rocky to F6.)

Atm:

D6: Burton
M8: Rocky
R2: Nicnat
F6: Fristch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had all the worst premos during the byes and now i have the same amount of rookies as before the bye rounds started :$:mad:
Injuries and under performers don't help.
On recap I have, (over the month)
Laird & Macrae sideways trade due to injuries.
Dahlhaus, Caddy & Savage sideways due to under performing.
Add in Dustin Martin that will likely go before finals (other issues first) and that will be 6 that I thought would make the final cut or very close.

D6 - Seeds:sick:man... weird, I typed his name and it automatically put a vomit emoji in the middle.. how odd
M8 - Z. Merrett or M. Crouch
F6 - Wingard

Need to flick Seedsman to a Crisp, Brayshaw, etc. and then just start upgrading the mids. Neale, Cripps, Dangerfield they can all go to Macrae/Kelly/Curnow/Treloar, etc.

D5/D6: Sicily, Seed
M7/M8: Parker, Phillips
R2: McEvoy
F5/F6: Taranto, Gowers

Theres some work to do.

Top priority is getting McEvoy to Grundy this week; Gowers to Crisp maybe (Sic fwd), then finish up my midfield with Sidebottom.

Was going to grab Sidey this week but brought in Kelly and Cognilio instead (for Macrae and Banfield). Was one of the unlucky buggers to have Macrae in my team for a total of 2 quarters max.
Also had Libba and Zerrett at the start of the year. Don't think I'm doing too badly considering.

D6 - Seeds:sick:man... weird, I typed his name and it automatically put a vomit emoji in the middle.. how odd
M8 - Z. Merrett or M. Crouch
F6 - Wingard

Need to flick Seedsman to a Crisp, Brayshaw, etc. and then just start upgrading the mids. Neale, Cripps, Dangerfield they can all go to Macrae/Kelly/Curnow/Treloar, etc.

What are you ranked?

D6: Rice
M8: Luke Parker
F6: Rocky

Priority is Rice, then probably Parker depending on how he and Rocky go over the next few weeks.

After trades:

Rice > Goddard (any 170k rookie really)
DBJ > Laird (or Whitfield? Brayshaw? Hurley as a cheap unique?)

Next week Fritsch will be moved on for Langdon after downgrading Phillips.
Screenshot_20180624-192309_1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-192309.png
    Screenshot_20180624-192309.png
    895.4 KB · Views: 128
Untitled.png

Post trades prior to rd 15. I don't have much cash left. So I need another 2 lots of trades to replace Hibberd (Crisp/Whitfield/Simpson) and Parker (Macrae) to premiums. If Parker gets FWD that would be great. Need to get McLean in too once he drops a bit in price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back