Completed teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting close:

View attachment 1423659

Got 13 trades still, which seems pretty good. A lot of lousy rookies on the pine. Preuss of course is a big question mark. If he plays he's good enough. If not, might look at post-bye Darcy, or just swing English into rucks and keep buying midfielders.

Thinking Touk Touk is the guy to get this week. Butters up?

Nah keep English FWD. The DPP ruck cover should be handy at some point, plus not many FWDs as good as English. If Pruess is out I'd be trying to get Witts if possible. Not sure if you have any cash in the bank though.

"Finished" last week, my scores haven't reflected that though :sob:

Very tempted to cash in Brodie for Himmelberg but that means I would have 5 Giants in my team 🤮

Green or Merret I will luxury up to Clarry or Mills hopefully

1655173315559.png

There were countless people on this board in 2020 that held Dev Smith at F6 all season that finished in the top 200. 16/17 games for an 85.2 average.

I finished top 150 last year with Doedee, Harmes, Bolton and Hawkins in my final side.

A "completed side" is up to coach, not other people.

If you strongly believe that a player will have a good end to the year and are worth holding/trading in, then great, that's what makes all our teams different. There's also the money factor, some people have just run out of money to get top price players in.

Yes, what constitutes a completed side is subjective, but that’s the whole point of the thread isn’t it? Also, there may be teams who are running out of trades and getting rid of Preuss isn’t their priority, that’s fine, but I’d say you weren’t able to finish your team.

Obviously I could be wrong, but I’m just offering my opinion, same as every other thread on this board. People can take it or leave it.

on your specific points about Preuss, using his history is silly. He was behind prime Goldy and prime Gawn, then he had injuries. 110 average is more than fine for R2. He was smashing it, then got sick. If he comes back and Flynn gets dropped (which we expect), he'll be fine. Preuss at R2 means the money was used elsewhere.

Can use a similar argument for every player that has ever had a role change or was traded to another side... Darcy Cameron? George Hewett? Will Brodie? Max Gawn before he became a premo? And so on...

My point is that we haven’t seen him play consistently in the past. This makes me have doubts about whether he’ll be able to do it, particularly playing a highly physical role and style the way he does.

When we look at Preuss:

• massive injury risk
  • gets himself suspended pretty regularly
  • hasn’t even established himself as best 22.

Those are three significant risks, add to his history of never putting together more than four consecutive games, that is too much risk.

You can make this argument for a bunch of players, it's all relative.

Preuss at 110 (if he's selected) bleeds less points to Gawn than say Butters/Heeney does to Bont, but there'd probably be pitchforks if I started stamping all of those teams with incomplete stamps.
Butters and Heeney have shown the ceiling to match the top 6 forwards.

Butters has scored a 136 and a 130 this year.

Heeney has scored a 141, 140 and a 131.

If they’re your F6 it’s worth rolling the dice that they find form and you’re okay. There’s also more variance with who people have in their forward line.

Comparatively most of the top sides (from a quick check) seem to have either Gawn and Witts or a combination of Witts/Gawn and a RUC/FWD (English, Goldy, Cameron) who I assume will be swung forward to bring in a premo ruck.

Preuss max score this year is 120, from his games he’s hovered in that 100-120 range, 4 out of 6 in the 100-110 range.

Comparatively:

Gawn: 160, 130, 172, 198

Witts: 131, 154, 143, 136, 132, 131

If the one you don’t have hits form, I don’t think Preuss will match them and you could be closer to 20-30 points down to most of the teams you’re trying to catch. Plus, Gawn and Witts may be a really good VC/C score that helps you make some ground at some point, I doubt Preuss will be.

That’s before you consider the “if he plays” argument. Every game Preuss misses and you play a 50-70 point (that’s if you’re lucky) rookie to cover him you’re probably down 50-70 points.

I’ve traded Preuss to Witts in round 11, I’m already roughly 100 points up. I’d estimate that’s another 10-15 points each week he plays, and another 50 points when he doesn’t, and then maybe a VC score from Gawn/Witts.

If you’ve got trades left then getting rid of Preuss needs to be in your plans IMO.

Yes, what constitutes a completed side is subjective, but that’s the whole point of the thread isn’t it? Also, there may be teams who are running out of trades and getting rid of Preuss isn’t their priority, that’s fine, but I’d say you weren’t able to finish your team.

Obviously I could be wrong, but I’m just offering my opinion, same as every other thread on this board. People can take it or leave it.

My point is that we haven’t seen him play consistently in the past. This makes me have doubts about whether he’ll be able to do it, particularly playing a highly physical role and style the way he does.

When we look at Preuss:

• massive injury risk
  • gets himself suspended pretty regularly
  • hasn’t even established himself as best 22.

Those are three significant risks, add to his history of never putting together more than four consecutive games, that is too much risk.

Butters and Heeney have shown the ceiling to match the top 6 forwards.

Butters has scored a 136 and a 130 this year.

Heeney has scored a 141, 140 and a 131.

If they’re your F6 it’s worth rolling the dice that they find form and you’re okay. There’s also more variance with who people have in their forward line.

Comparatively most of the top sides (from a quick check) seem to have either Gawn and Witts or a combination of Witts/Gawn and a RUC/FWD (English, Goldy, Cameron) who I assume will be swung forward to bring in a premo ruck.

Preuss max score this year is 120, from his games he’s hovered in that 100-120 range, 4 out of 6 in the 100-110 range.

Comparatively:

Gawn: 160, 130, 172, 198

Witts: 131, 154, 143, 136, 132, 131

If the one you don’t have hits form, I don’t think Preuss will match them and you could be closer to 20-30 points down to most of the teams you’re trying to catch. Plus, Gawn and Witts may be a really good VC/C score that helps you make some ground at some point, I doubt Preuss will be.

That’s before you consider the “if he plays” argument. Every game Preuss misses and you play a 50-70 point (that’s if you’re lucky) rookie to cover him you’re probably down 50-70 points.

I’ve traded Preuss to Witts in round 11, I’m already roughly 100 points up. I’d estimate that’s another 10-15 points each week he plays, and another 50 points when he doesn’t, and then maybe a VC score from Gawn/Witts.

If you’ve got trades left then getting rid of Preuss needs to be in your plans IMO.
Agree mate, more differing opinions the better, I just think if somebody posts their side, it doesn't need validation from people on here, to get some "stamp of completion". I'd rather people back their gut instead of being convinced to trade a player because the board thinks they won't be good enough. Teams are looking so similar, good to have variety at this stage of the year.

What's the obsession with ceiling? Why do you need a high ceiling at R2 if you're R1 is Gawn/Witts/Darcy, your F1-F4 is English, Dunks, Bont, Parker, etc, your M1-M6 is Neale, Oliver, Macrae, Mills, Laird, etc, and your D1-D4 is Sicily, Sinclair, Docherty, Stewart, etc. We all have enough captain choices.

Consistent scoring = less headaches
Inconsistent scoring = more headaches

and you are weary to VC/C a player if their scoring is inconsistent, because you don't trust them. eg. hardly anybody captained Gawn for his almost 200 because of the 70s and 80s he was dishing up.

If Preuss plays next round after a long rest, and Flynn gets dropped, then he'll no doubt return to that ~110 scoring, which is more than fine.

FWIW I don't even have Preuss, I too traded him to Witts.

Upgrading Preuss to Gawn could gain you 10-20 ppg, but something like Butters at F6 to Bont could gain you 30 ppg.

Sure, luxury upgrade if you can, that's ideal, but I don't think Preuss is a priority trade, especially with Darcy and Gawn having niggles and scoring inconsistently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree mate, more differing opinions the better, I just think if somebody posts their side, it doesn't need validation from people on here, to get some "stamp of completion". I'd rather people back their gut instead of being convinced to trade a player because the board thinks they won't be good enough. Teams are looking so similar, good to have variety at this stage of the year.

What's the obsession with ceiling? Why do you need a high ceiling at R2 if you're R1 is Gawn/Witts/Darcy, your F1-F4 is English, Dunks, Bont, Parker, etc, your M1-M6 is Neale, Oliver, Macrae, Mills, Laird, etc, and your D1-D4 is Sicily, Sinclair, Docherty, Stewart, etc. We all have enough captain choices.

Consistent scoring = less headaches
Inconsistent scoring = more headaches

and you are weary to VC/C a player if their scoring is inconsistent, because you don't trust them. eg. hardly anybody captained Gawn for his almost 200 because of the 70s and 80s he was dishing up.

If Preuss plays next round after a long rest, and Flynn gets dropped, then he'll no doubt return to that ~110 scoring, which is more than fine.

FWIW I don't even have Preuss, I too traded him to Witts.

Upgrading Preuss to Gawn could gain you 10-20 ppg, but something like Butters at F6 to Bont could gain you 30 ppg.

Sure, luxury upgrade if you can, that's ideal, but I don't think Preuss is a priority trade, especially with Darcy and Gawn having niggles and scoring inconsistently.

All fair points, if people want to back in Preuss go for it, I think they’ll regret it but that’s the fun of the game.

I’m looking at their ceiling for two reasons:

1. If you’re looking at picking/keeping a guy for the run home it’s only a 9-10 game stretch you need them for, guys can realistically average 5-10 points more that’s what their season average ends up as, as a result I think it’s important to look at their ceiling and say: If they hit form, what can I reasonably expect to get out of them?”

2. Gawn and Witts will be owned by most teams you come up against in finals. If they fail it’s likely not going to hurt you. But if you’re death riding them and they put out a 140-150 which they’re likely to do at some point, that may cost you a win.

And again, my main concern is that it’s far too big of a risk to bank on Preuss playing every game from here, IMO if you have the trades up your sleeve I would be trading him to Gawn or Witts ASAP.

Getting close:

View attachment 1423659

Got 13 trades still, which seems pretty good. A lot of lousy rookies on the pine. Preuss of course is a big question mark. If he plays he's good enough. If not, might look at post-bye Darcy, or just swing English into rucks and keep buying midfielders.

Thinking Touk Touk is the guy to get this week. Butters up?
THIRTEEN ******* TRADES!

Judd_Magic kananooks

Let’s get him!

AFEB9D71-AF20-40C0-9EFE-79BDD57FE14A.gif

Nah but nice team though bud, I wish I had 13 trades left :'(

7 trades, $50k and this team after this weeks dealings to try and maintain a paltry ranking of 7147k

2D5BDDBE-7C73-4650-A655-F7F54ADEAE77.jpeg
CD515B59-BA70-4C70-A6E1-5D1F818D389F.jpeg

Zorko literally the worst ******* trade-in of the year. Kent.

All fair points, if people want to back in Preuss go for it, I think they’ll regret it but that’s the fun of the game.

I’m looking at their ceiling for two reasons:

1. If you’re looking at picking/keeping a guy for the run home it’s only a 9-10 game stretch you need them for, guys can realistically average 5-10 points more that’s what their season average ends up as, as a result I think it’s important to look at their ceiling and say: If they hit form, what can I reasonably expect to get out of them?”

2. Gawn and Witts will be owned by most teams you come up against in finals. If they fail it’s likely not going to hurt you. But if you’re death riding them and they put out a 140-150 which they’re likely to do at some point, that may cost you a win.

And again, my main concern is that it’s far too big of a risk to bank on Preuss playing every game from here, IMO if you have the trades up your sleeve I would be trading him to Gawn or Witts ASAP.
Witts finals run - West Coast, Hawthorn, Geelong & North…
In my opinion, a must have during the finals.

So going of last year's thread, a completed team is basically either a team without rookies on field or no trades left.

But given we have an extra 5 trades this year, I think the bar should be set higher.

I suggest the following:

Defenders: D1-D5, 100+ avg, D6 95+ avg

Midfielders: All 100+ avg

Rucks: All 100+ avg

Forwards: F1-F5, 90+ avg, F6 85 avg

My only question outside of this is Preuss. Yes, he meets the criteria but for the last two weeks, he's been fit to play but not selected in the best 22. So I guess, if you are currently having to fill a rookie in his place, the team is not complete.

So going of last year's thread, a completed team is basically either a team without rookies on field or no trades left.

But given we have an extra 5 trades this year, I think the bar should be set higher.

I suggest the following:

My only question outside of this is Preuss. Yes, he meets the criteria but for the last two weeks, he's been fit to play but not selected in the best 22. So I guess, if you are currently having to fill a rookie in his place, the team is not complete.
Nonsense, Preuss is scoring like a premo. And if covering out's with a rookie renders a team incomplete then no-one will have a complete team for long.

Agree mate, more differing opinions the better, I just think if somebody posts their side, it doesn't need validation from people on here, to get some "stamp of completion".

You're just saying that because you still have De Goey in your team... :moustache:

I suggest the following:

I'd raise D6 to 100+, F6 to 90+ and M8 to 105+ (if I really wanted to be a campaigner, I'd also raise R2 to 115+).

Think a better benchmark would be a completed team having at least 33% of the top players in each position.

So:
  • 6 of the top 18 averaging defenders
  • 6 of the top 18 averaging forwards
  • 8 of the top 24 averaging mids
  • 2 of the top 6 averaging rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back