Completed teams

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like I've had to complete my team about 4 times cos the bastards keep getting injured.

Here it is in a theoretically complete form:

1656896579069.png

If English and the rest of them get up and play this week, I might hold fire or try to use some Rosas funds to buy a real D6. Got 7 trades and $29k to upgrade.

Was supposed to be in here a couple of weeks ago with a completed team and 5 trades before carnage. Now im here with 1 trade and completely at the mercy of the SC gods

Screenshot_20220705-085319_SuperCoach.jpg
Screenshot_20220705-085335_SuperCoach.jpg

Missing Dawson and Steele who i would've targeted with more trades but managed to get big Max back in for the run home.

Team was complete with 3 trades to go. Big chol move this week with Cripps > Steele. Leaves me with 2 trades and $70k ITB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220705_113029_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705_113029_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220705_113037_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705_113037_com.vapormedia.virtualsports.newsafl.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 28

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bench coverage in Def and Fwd line a bit worrying, and no more cash gen besides Hough. Ridley also has to go and Short is a bit worrying. Will loophole Kelly and Cripps the remainder of the season, should provide good injury cover too. 7 Trades left and 10k in the kitty. Only consideration is trading Ridley to Whitfield this week or waiting until the finals and upgrading Ridley to Stewart. Leaning towards Whitfield this week and then corrective trading to Stewart later on if need be, should have plenty of trades. Thoughts on what I mentioned or anything else I should consider appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 2.03.24 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 2.03.24 pm.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 27
View attachment 1440083

I WANT OLIVER, Hopefully can somehow get him, and Stewart/Sinclair. This is 'complete' tho
Get those 2 with 4 trades and not a lot of cash gen?
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

Bench cover is nice. I'm one who thinks it's worth while but your Backline is to weak. You'll probably cop a donut to I doubt Vlastuin gets off.
To me that’s the issue with spending trades and cash on bench cover, you end up with a weaker best 22 and all it takes is a little bit of bad luck and you cop a donut anyway.

Conserve the trades, spend the cash on the field and sideways trade if you need to late in the year to avoid donuts.

To me that’s the issue with spending trades and cash on bench cover, you end up with a weaker best 22 and all it takes is a little bit of bad luck and you cop a donut anyway.

Conserve the trades, spend the cash on the field and sideways trade if you need to late in the year to avoid donuts.

Generally I'd agree but there's been plenty of 1-2 week injuries/illness there's only so many trades you can use on them. My bench cover is pretty good but I've not spent much on it. Gresham and Jackson are currently bench cover for me. Himmelberg was supposed to be bench cover or a cash grab at 350k but he's ended up much better than that so Gresham has moved to M9 with his DPP.

It's a case of consistency vs roller-coaster scoring. With a couple of strong bench players you can loophole and cover 1-2week injuries and gain points that way. Plenty of the top teams have 1 premo on the bench.

Generally I'd agree but there's been plenty of 1-2 week injuries/illness there's only so many trades you can use on them. My bench cover is pretty good but I've not spent much on it. Gresham and Jackson are currently bench cover for me. Himmelberg was supposed to be bench cover or a cash grab at 350k but he's ended up much better than that so Gresham has moved to M9 with his DPP.

It's a case of consistency vs roller-coaster scoring. With a couple of strong bench players you can loophole and cover 1-2week injuries and gain points that way. Plenty of the top teams have 1 premo on the bench.
Also very fair. I’ve seen your team and you’ve clearly nailed a lot of the value picks like Himmelberg which has enabled you to get where you are. However I’ve also seen a lot of teams like the original poster’s, where they’ve picked “value” options on field who are 10-20 points worse than the top guys, for the sake of having a 90 averaging D7/M9/R3/F7 and I think in general the strategy is bad.

I tend to think if you nailed your on field picks and you can grab a good bench cover guy, do it. I saw a couple players with complete teams and trades left bringing Stringer in to cover their mids and forwards which I thought was a great move, but if you prioritise it at the start of the year you’ll probably end up with a sub-par first 22.

Also very fair. I’ve seen your team and you’ve clearly nailed a lot of the value picks like Himmelberg which has enabled you to get where you are. However I’ve also seen a lot of teams like the original poster’s, where they’ve picked “value” options on field who are 10-20 points worse than the top guys, for the sake of having a 90 averaging D7/M9/R3/F7 and I think in general the strategy is bad.

I tend to think if you nailed your on field picks and you can grab a good bench cover guy, do it. I saw a couple players with complete teams and trades left bringing Stringer in to cover their mids and forwards which I thought was a great move, but if you prioritise it at the start of the year you’ll probably end up with a sub-par first 22.

Yeah I agree it's probably not the best move to prioritise it. If you can get lucky enough I certainly think it's worth while doing though.

My plans have kinda been ruined by the mess the ruck line has turned out to be. Didn't want Jackson but English and Gawn injuries forced that onto me. Now i've sorta ran out of enough spare trades to cash in some of my cash gen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back