Computer parts/systems in Adelaide

Feb 6, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hi all,

Heading to Adelaide on Wednesday for the port v Geelong game, and mum has asked me to arrange a new PC for her. Just wondering if there is a decent parts/systems store anyone could recommend?

I normally use Umart here in Brisbane due to price, range and accessibility. I am just looking to get a box (no monitor, keyboard etc) and I have a distinct distrust of the systems sold by Harvey Norman etc.

If anyone usually builds their own systems etc, could help out that would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

P.s. Go Port!!!

Feb 6, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just don't expect a high level of customer service from MSY.

Make sure you do your research on parts beforehand.
CHeers, only after a basic box and not really looking for any future upgrade capacity. Will be used solely for email and running Word, and storage of photos. Their current PC is probably a 2002/3 build, so it is time me thinks

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
CHeers, only after a basic box and not really looking for any future upgrade capacity. Will be used solely for email and running Word, and storage of photos. Their current PC is probably a 2002/3 build, so it is time me thinks

If you go for MSY, try this more direct link

http://www.msy.com.au/saonline/

There is also All Needs Computers in the city as well. Price wise there isn't much difference with MSY, they'll be more helpful for any queries you have then MSY though. If one doesn't have a component, try the other.

http://www.allneeds.com.au

LukeSA

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you are willing to go a little further out of the CBD IT Warehouse at Marion aren't too bad. Quite friendly and always stocked up on up to date hardware and sell a good range of pre-built systems.

Feb 6, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you are willing to go a little further out of the CBD IT Warehouse at Marion aren't too bad. Quite friendly and always stocked up on up to date hardware and sell a good range of pre-built systems.
Will be at Fulham gardens, so no dramas with Marion. Have to squeeze in dinner at the port club, helping my bro shift furniture, lunch at the Mosley, catch up with some local work mates, and the march from the mall, before the game, so saving time is important.

Oh, never liked on board video cards, am I right in that, or does not really matter if the system is never going to be running far cry 4 and the like on full settings?

Sep 8, 2014
Look behind you!
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings, Oakland Raiders
Will be at Fulham gardens, so no dramas with Marion. Have to squeeze in dinner at the port club, helping my bro shift furniture, lunch at the Mosley, catch up with some local work mates, and the march from the mall, before the game, so saving time is important.

Oh, never liked on board video cards, am I right in that, or does not really matter if the system is never going to be running far cry 4 and the like on full settings?
If they are only going to use it for Word, email, and photos, an on board card would suffice.
Hi-res video - youtube clips above 480p for example - would probably be too choppy to watch though, depending on the on board card's power.

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Get a cheap Nvidia card.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
another yes for MSY here. If you have a bit of computer knowledge and dont need any customer service skills then go to MSY

i purchased my last desktop from there (doubles as a file server). I bought all the components separate and built it myself on the cheap

do research first and know what you want when you go there

Back