COMPUTER WEIRD HAPPENING?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
A quick question , I have a Toshiba computer a few years old but works for me. Something strange has happened and I have no clue or idea how to fix it.
Or how it happened.

What happened, is when pressing the shift button to put in an @ I have to push the button that is meant for " now I just did that

the @ is " and the " is the @.

It still works, but wrong icon, anyone know what has happened maybe , or how you change it back?

Thanks for any help. JJ

A quick question , I have a Toshiba computer a few years old but works for me. Something strange has happened and I have no clue or idea how to fix it.
Or how it happened.

What happened, is when pressing the shift button to put in an @ I have to push the button that is meant for " now I just did that

It still works, but wrong icon, anyone know what has happened maybe , or how you change it back?

Thanks for any help. JJ
I'm not near a keyboard but are those two buttons side by side either horizontally or vertically? Sometimes there might be a hair or bit of food crumbs trapped underneath. Give your keyboard a light vacuum or if youre comfortable, remove the buttons and clean underneath, blowing away dirt, dont use a cloth -- dry or wet.

If im wrong, sorry :(

I'm not near a keyboard but are those two buttons side by side either horizontally or vertically? Sometimes there might be a hair or bit of food crumbs trapped underneath. Give your keyboard a light vacuum or if youre comfortable, remove the buttons and clean underneath, blowing away dirt, dont use a cloth -- dry or wet.

toshiba_satellite_t130_tastatur01_02.jpg

so first of all, is 2 still a 2 and Q still a Q ?

Thank you for that I'll try to clean it up with the little vacuum, but the buttons are diagonally opposite the @ should be in the top left and the "!!! well you wouldn't believe it, I just pressed the icon buttons s to display and answer you, and the things are back where they were, heavens above computers?????????????????

Look GG.exe: Thanks for your help, maybe was a tiny hair or dust. Appreciate it.

Stu
Or how it happened.

Thanks for any help. JJ
By any chance did you just install the steaming s**t pile Windows 10?

Your keyboard layout has switched to English (UK), instead of English (US) which is the standard layout in Australia.

Don't use Windows but pretty sure there is an icon to change in the panel on the bottom right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back