Injury Conca surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear there is no pleasing some. We send Conca to get a scope 10 weeks before round 1 and it's oh it's going to ruin his season. Lets not forget that last year the club didn't send Ivan off for surgery until just before the season started and it cost him 10 weeks and effectively screwed the season. I could understand the complaints if Conca was going to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks but, Conca by all reports will be back running next week so it's not like he is going to lose much conditioning having a few days rest. If anything it'll probably allow him to freshen up a little and put in a big 2 months before round 1.

As for the complaints about the other blokes being on light duties, again, who freaking cares, they have probably got a slight niggle and rather than have them push through and end up tearing a muscle and missing 2-3 weeks they get a few days to freshen up as well. Seriously some fans should change from being called Tigers fans to Chicken Little fans, because the amount of them, not just on here, that lose their s**t over the slightest thing going wrong it describes them perfectly.

I swear there is no pleasing some. We send Conca to get a scope 10 weeks before round 1 and it's oh it's going to ruin his season. Lets not forget that last year the club didn't send Ivan off for surgery until just before the season started and it cost him 10 weeks and effectively screwed the season. I could understand the complaints if Conca was going to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks but, Conca by all reports will be back running next week so it's not like he is going to lose much conditioning having a few days rest. If anything it'll probably allow him to freshen up a little and put in a big 2 months before round 1.

As for the complaints about the other blokes being on light duties, again, who freaking cares, they have probably got a slight niggle and rather than have them push through and end up tearing a muscle and missing 2-3 weeks they get a few days to freshen up as well. Seriously some fans should change from being called Tigers fans to Chicken Little fans, because the amount of them, not just on here, that lose their s**t over the slightest thing going wrong it describes them perfectly.
image.jpg

Worst thing is that some take delight in this type of thing. There's always at least one waiting to pounce with a thread like this

Groupie_ got you good man

Groupie_ got you good man
My post wasn't directly aimed at Groupie_ more a vent at the general supporter base who complain about players not being sent for surgery and then complain when they are sent for minor surgery. I've seen plenty who have complained over the last couple of years and this thread gave the perfect chance to vent.

I think people just want the Tigers to now be out of the news as much as possible except when it's good news.
When you see "surgery", especially on a player we are counting on having a breakout year..it gives you the shivers!
Especially cause we all know that we clearly need our absolute best out there to be competitive.

Still looks like the player group is in good condition for the start of next season. Would expect some players to pick up niggles but hopefully no major injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managing that troublesome achilles I reckon

7drHiqr.gif

I know it's not our club but check out Geelongs woes:

New recruit Mitch Clark suffered a calf strain, Steve Johnson has been given time-off to deal with foot soreness and Nathan Vardy will undergo surgery to remove scar tissue from his knee.

The way some of our fans got upset about Conca having a scope they'd be calling for mass sackings with an injury list like this.

New recruit Mitch Clark suffered a calf strain, Steve Johnson has been given time-off to deal with foot soreness and Nathan Vardy will undergo surgery to remove scar tissue from his knee.

The way some of our fans got upset about Conca having a scope they'd be calling for mass sackings with an injury list like this.

And their injuries are to good players.

some blokes will never have a full pre-season, their bodies cant cope with it. Conca is probably one of those players
His italian body is built for concreting and consuming massive amounts of carbs

And they sent selwood and hawkins to the US for a leadership wank tank

Remove this Banner Ad

Back