• Conca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heppell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever threw the name Joel Bowden up was onto something.
Joel Bowden was a bloody good footballer who had some assets that a lot of other blokes can only dream about.
Was he super tough? No but not every player is.
Certainly wouldn't say he was a jib that was. For the narrow minded and the blinker wearing selective thinking trolls.
I see a lot of similarities and recall Joel being an unbelievable match winning talent at the same stage of his career copping it from all other supporters basically because he wasn't a bruising hard nut but a polished poised and smart player who could look like he was only half trying. Think Heppell suffers for the same reason.

Mate I was at the game and I am a neutral. Heppell had an average game. Yes he can find the ball but his decision making was just terrible. The boy really needs to improve his kicking. I admit I do not watch him week in, week out, but from what I saw the guy has a looooong way to go.

Keeping that in mind. At careers end Conca for me.

i dont think you even needed to say that, it was obvious as soon as you criticised his decision making and kicking.

Whoever threw the name Joel Bowden up was onto something.
Joel Bowden was a bloody good footballer who had some assets that a lot of other blokes can only dream about.
Was he super tough? No but not every player is.
Certainly wouldn't say he was a jib that was. For the narrow minded and the blinker wearing selective thinking trolls.
I see a lot of similarities and recall Joel being an unbelievable match winning talent at the same stage of his career copping it from all other supporters basically because he wasn't a bruising hard nut but a polished poised and smart player who could look like he was only half trying. Think Heppell suffers for the same reason.

Joel Bowden became underrated throughout his career and I was always surprised that a contender didn't think it was worthwhile to give him a shot when he fell out of favour at Richmond.

While I can understand the similarities, I think Heppell will ultimately play as a midfielder throughout most of his career. Or at least Hird has indicated that he expects Heppell to spend more time in the middle. To be honest I think his class and skill would be a little wasted in the back half. I think at the moment there's a little bit of tall poppy syndrome around Heppell, he's had a lot of success very quickly, Essendon fans have talked him up a bit and it is easy for people to get stuck into him for things that they might ignore with other players.

I suggest you comment on something you know about, played midfield/wing for the whole of the game.

Fair enough. Just re-watched the first quarter of that game and Conca, while he was named in a back pocket, was indeed following the ball around - he just wasn't lining up in the middle or on a wing for centre bounces that I noticed (maybe he was on the bench for each of these occassions?).

Still, he really didn't have much of an impact until the 3rd quarter.

Teams now are starting to put some work into Heppell which speaks volumes for his ability to play football at 19. When Conca starts getting the same treatment we'll see then how he goes.

Please stop commenting on Conca when you clearly have no idea.

Honestly, just stop, it's embarrassing how little you know/watch of Conca. :eek:

Please stop commenting on Conca when you clearly have no idea.

Honestly, just stop, it's embarrassing how little you know/watch of Conca. :eek:

Yeah ok mate. Lets hope he doesn't turn over the ball this week as much as last week. Looks like i watch a bit of him after all........:eek:

Yeah ok mate. Lets hope he doesn't turn over the ball this week as much as last week. Looks like i watch a bit of him after all........:eek:

Both Geelong and Richmond butchered the ball last week what's your point?

Anyway, young kids will turn the ball over from time to time, it's why I haven't even bothered commenting on Heppels disposal/decision making issue at times, you cant expect these young kids to constantly make the right choices and execute under pressure all the time.

And lol to the bolded bit, one game? :eek:

Both Geelong and Richmond butchered the ball last week what's your point?

Anyway, young kids will turn the ball over from time to time, it's why I haven't even bothered commenting on Heppels disposal/decision making issue at times, you cant expect these young kids to constantly make the right choices and execute under pressure all the time.

And lol to the bolded bit, one game? :eek:

Look im not going to sit here and tell you which games i've watched and haven't because frankly its none of your business. Whether it's right or wrong, im entitled to my opinion. You should respect that and not insult people about their knowledge of the game or player. Furthermore, it doesn't stop half the posters on here stating their views on something does it? :rolleyes:

If you want to see what i think of players and especially young ones, scroll back through this thread and have a look.

Look im not going to sit here and tell you which games i've watched and haven't because frankly its none of your business. Whether it's right or wrong, im entitled to my opinion. You should respect that and not insult people about their knowledge of the game or player. Furthermore, it doesn't stop half the posters on here stating their views on something does it? :rolleyes:

If you want to see what i think of players and especially young ones, scroll back through this thread and have a look.

Mate you're entitled to your opinion but when I see a silly comment that is quite clearly wrong I will pull said person up on it, your comment about other clubs putting time into Heppell and none on Conca was clearly just a snide comment to get one up on Heppell, which, if you actually watched a lot of our games you would notice that, that simply isn't true.

Anyway, move along, both are fine young players and I'm positive that both clubs would be happy with there picks and both sets of supporters are also. :thumbsu:

If you have such a good idea give us an example where Conca has had special attention being payed by to his by his opponents.

I would think Heppel had more attention as he was the sweeper across half back and your main play maker which clubs generally have to put time into.

If Heppel played midfield along side your better players he would treated much the same as Conca. Can't tag everyone. Usually only 1 mid tagger and a defensive forward.

It seems everyone agrees both are bright young talents, Heppel with the better first year for all the reasons mentioned and Conca having a better second year.

The gap based on now, is negligible.

It seems everyone agrees both are bright young talents, Heppel with the better first year for all the reasons mentioned and Conca having a better second year.

Lol Conca having a better 2nd year then Heppell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decision making could be improved though. Particularly under pressure.

lol, his clear strength is his football brain and unbelievable poise.

He is that far ahead of Conca it is ridiculous, already expected to preform like a 5-10 year player and the best thing is that he does that every week.

Would not swap him for any player from that draft, he has shown so much more than any of them (Darling excluded) it isn't funny.

The only reason anybody here would question his courage, disposal or decision making would be because they are jealous/annoyed that their team selected somebody else when they could have had this guy. (or they ended up with Atley)

^^^^
That's not right. Richmond would be very happy with their selection. They wanted a pacy inside outside midfielder over Heppell who is currently a utility that will end up as an inside midfielder.

There aren't many battles that Richmond fans have the confidence to get in anymore so i'm shocked to see they are interested in this one. Cos s**t...it's not even close.

Massive lolz.

How is Heppel miles ahead of Conca?

Heppel is overrated by everyone. The media, Essendon fans..

Happy for Conca to fly under the radar and at least he aint soft as butter:eek:

Ok, lets take bias out of consideration. According to ChampionData, in 2012 Heppell has had an almost 30 per cent larger impact on the games he has played than Conca has. That's fairly sizable. I will give Conca this though, last season the difference between the two was almost 50 per cent so his relative improvement was greater.

Based on statistics, Heppell is the 5th best player at Essendon this season. Conca has been the 13th best player at Richmond. Conca is a very good young player and will grow into an excellent 200 game player for the Tigers but there is a sizable difference between Heppel's and Conca's outputs at this point in time.

Based on statistics, Conca has been the 13th best player at Richmond. Conca is a very good young player and will grow into an excellent 200 game player for the Tigers but there is a sizable difference between Heppel's and Conca's outputs at this point in time.
Was the sub in Round 1 after missing three weeks of the pre-season comp via suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back