Concerts you have been to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here it is folks, the greatest live show I have ever been to ... The Clash 23rd Feb 1982, Festival Hall, Melbourne.

I had a cassette bootleg of the show, but lost it. Now I have it again thanks to the wonders of the internet.

33 tracks of Clash magic and while the recorded sound quality is not that flash, you have to believe me when I say that it sounded way better being there live.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9c2260n09djh5e8

For Clash fans, check out the list of live shows for download on this blog. AMAZING LIST!:

http://laconquistadelpunk.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/audios-de-clash-en-directo.html

Enjoy!

My sister's boyfriend plays bass for a metal band. I just got back from a "gig" (didn't get to listen to his band play though, they're on at 8pm tonight).

Never, ever again. EVER.

Nothing better than live metal. Some of the best concerts i've been too have been local gigs. I like all kinds of rock though, from The Living End and Foo Fighters all the way through to the likes of Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Disturbed. The Living End are fantastic live, and usually pretty cheap.

I listen to techno, dubstep, disco and Weird Al :cool: . While I do like the Foo Fighters and I used to love Linkin Park, I just prefer something I can dance to.

Nothing better than live metal.

Have to respectfully play the challenge card on that. :p Can't see myself having a better concert experience in my life than what I had 2 months ago. I may as well not even try anymore. :p

Was standing about 6 or 7 rows from the front. Mind blowing. Emotional overload + synasthesia at the same time.

For a chronic introvert, Thom Yorke knows how to hold a crowd in the palm of his hand.

Radiohead would be pretty good, but I like my harder stuff. Foo Fighters, whilst not heavy, are one of the best live bands I've seen, nothing better than being up the front for them. Slipknot certainly put on a good show though :p.

I'm with Chopper... also a metal/hard rock guy.

I miss the Arena... it was dark and dingy and smelt funny, but it was the perfect sized venue for metal bands. The hi-fi sells out too quickly and the Tivoli is a little too big.

I have fond memories of NOFX, Millencollin, Pennywise, Guttermouth, Primus, The Deftones, Strapping young lad, Fantomas and many other bands playing there over the years (And dodgy system 6 raves).

Is it still some shithouse R & B club now? Yuk.

Relived the 80's the other night with Icehouse:D

Great Southern Land on Australia Day Weekend during a mother of a storm...:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you Mr Springsteen.

I seriously hope I have 25% of his energy at age 63:thumbsu:

That was seriously as good as it gets.

Went to see Bob Mould last night at the Central Club in Richmond and he was fantastic. The show featured Sugar's Copper Blue (1992) album, but also had plenty of Husker Du material. Amazing show! Here's a few of the tracks that were part of the set.

Seen anything in the last few weeks KZ? Here is a quick review of a few shows I've been to around Melbourne lately.

Redd Kross at the Espy: As one random punter put it "you're the best band in the world", and after seeing that show it's hard to dispute, although I would probably clarify this statement calling them the "best live band in the world". Their albums can be a bit patchy, but they seem to know what works best on the live stage. Off their most recent album "Researching the blues", they played the more rock orientated tracks which the crowd loved. A real shame no-one except the hard core fans know who they are.

Iggy and the Stooges/Beasts of Bourbon: Got offered a ticket at the last minute, had the next day off so WTF. The Beasts were exactly how I remembered them from what must be 20 years ago, not sure if Kim Salmon was there but I think the rest of the line up were. Tex and the boys didn't miss a beat and although the crowd were a bit stunned when they played a certain Rolling Stones cover, they got a deservedly strong send off for a support band.

Don't know how to react to the stooges. Yes Iggy is amazing and you gotta give the band credit for a high octane 90 minutes, but there was just too much I didn't know (i.e off the last few comeback albums), while waiting in vain for tracks like loose, dirt and 1969. Probably would have preferred an Iggy Pop tour to be honest.

Endless Boogie at the Tote: A mate has been raving about this band for awhile, so I went along Good Friday Night (didn't even know pubs were open, which gives you an idea of how often I go to gigs these days). If ever a band lived up to their name it's these guys. Never heard any of their music before, but didn't need to. Basically played about 5 or 6 tracks or bluesy riff infested rock in 90 minutes, followed by an encore of "ok one more", that went for half an hour. They are from New York and I think back at the tote next week, worth a look if you like that sort of thing.

Hey Groo2 et al,

Apart from Bob Mould the other week, my most recent show was Paul Simon at the Rod Laver Arena, supported by Rufus Wainwright (solo). Went with Mrs.3KZ and her parents and really enjoyed both acts. Having great seats close to the stage did make a difference I'm sure. Apart from the stroll down memory lane angle, it was a night of great musicality. Paul Simon's band were outstanding and the sound they generated was complex and exciting.

As for the bands you mentioned, I really only know two Red Kross songs, The Lady In The Front Row and Jimi's Fantasy, both of which I like, but they would have to be bloody good live to top the Ramones and The Clash, who have dead heated for first on the list of great live performances I have seen. I saw Iggy Pop in around 1983 or 1984 at the Seaview Ballroom in Fitzroy St. and thought he was pretty funny actually. Liked the tunes, but for reasons I won't go into ;) found the stage persona rather comical.

Looking forward to The Breeders later in the year (October) and will probably lay low until then. Spending all my leave passes on the football.

Went to see the Counting Crows after the Bulldogs game a few weeks back.

Reliving it now on the live webcast on youtube.

AWESOME!! Getting a real understanding why our #1 Bay 13er chose his username.

youtube.com/SOHFestival

I believe it will be online for 30 days. Well worth a look!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back