Mod. Notice Concluding remarks to 2012 and seasons greetings

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats and thanks to all whom have made this year as fantastic and successful as it was.

Some great banter, differing opinions, thoughtful insight, top notch information and really well controlled and observed stuff.

A safe and well manner Xmas to all and looking well forward to a massive year from all the boys.

GO Catters.

Just noticed this will be my 15,000th post on BigFooty since I signed up in the midst of the dark and gloomy days of 2006, so instead of wasting the milestone on some Hawks supporting flog in the Bay, I thought I would use it to wish my fellow Geelong supporters and their families and loved ones a merry and safe festive season and a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013, and hope to see you all back next year so we can join in another year of following the greatest team of all as they strive to continue their run of senior flags in odd numbered years. :thumbsu:

Cant add much more to Wintys post....all the best to everyone here for a great Xmas and New Year.

Be safe and come back here in good health ( and a little heavier! ) and "stick it up em" in 2013.

Dear Santa

I need to say, before going too deep into my Christmas wish list, that I have no real personal issue with you kitting out in red & white. OK, so they won the premiership – I’m over it. Santa, I need to tell you that AFL bragging rights only last from Oct to March. Make the most of it. Unless of course you are able to rack up 3 premierships in 5 years – extended and understandable bragging rights.

Anyway, about my xmas stocking this year. You can’t miss it, it’s actually a blue & white striped largish pillow case (doona cover actually) pinned to the Gary Ablett gate.

OK here’s my wish list.

1. Knees – 2 good knees please for Dan Menzel, a quality young man who has been good (& sadly mostly idle) all year. You may have already taken a call from brother Troy but a low priority in my book.
2. Weight-gain tablets and gym membership for Mitch Brown and Billy Smedts. Maybe also a little dose of mongrel
3. Jimmy Bartel may like a pair if slippers to replace the moon boot he is rumoured to have borrowed from Trav Varcoe.
4. Andy Mackie, Harry Taylor, James Kelly, Steve Johnson & Corey Enright are pretty right this year. Whatever found its way into their stockings last year worked a treat.
5. Some of the younger kids like Linc McCarthy, Jordan Schroder, Taylor Hunt, Jordon Murdoch, Cam Guthrie & Eardley and Shane Kerston could do with a little less of the kiddie toys this year. Time for these lads to add a little hair under their arms and perhaps pick up guest passes to Josh Hunt’s tattooist
6. Joel Hamling needs nothing. He is already the complete package, but if you could hurry on a few years and 50 games I would be grateful.
7. Could you toss a few zimmer frames in the sled for Smithie, Chappie & Pods?
8. Trent West might like a boxing glove or two to keep a newbie Nth Melb pretender back in the Magoos.
9. Big Daws has grown enough. Ease back in the stretch tablets this year please
10. I’d be grateful also for a couple of “Your are solid gold stars” badges to hand out to Tommy Lonnergan and Joel Sellwood
11. What else? I’m grateful for the compass you left for Tommy Hawkins last year. I think he is pretty well sorted. He may need a new trophy shelf for the silver ware coming his way during 2013.
12. Josh Cowen, Mitch Duncan, Allen Christiansen are set to be stand out guns this year. If you could keep them out of the medical rooms I’d be very grateful.
13. Could you slip a spare hip or two into the sack for Nathan Vardy as a standby? He runs like an Olympian walker at the moment. Maybe you could do something about that.
14. A pair of dirty shorts and a grubby no. 33 jumper would be handy for our hyphen. Doesn’t get down & dirty enough for mine.

That’s about it. Although if all the above is too difficult just slip the 2013 Premiership Cup into the sack.

Oh, I forgot. Hawthorn to finish anywhere outside the eight.

I would like the team to redeem PoidaCat by not losing to the Purple NTTAWWTs again. I would also like Hawthorn to finish INSIDE the eight providing we do as well. Gotta chalk up more finals wins against them!

My first year on big footy has been quite enjoyable and I'll be back for more in 2013.

Really enjoyed reading other posters insights and learning more and more about the players we have coming through the ranks in VFL that we don't get to see much of at AFL level.

Really gives me confidence that the mighty Cats are going to be a pleasure to follow over the next decade despite already being spoiled with all our recent success.

Already pumped for 2013 to watch the continual rise of Hawkins, returns of Menzel, Varcoe and Vardy and the improvement of guys like Bundy, Duncan, T. Hunt and Caddy and the emergence of the likes of GHS.

I dont have much to add that hasnt already been said but I've loved my time here on the Geelong board.
I think our members here are some of the best on the forum and I thoroughly enjoy all discussions, both agreeing and disagreeing with everyone here, particularly our mutual love for The T-Bone "get around him!" Hawkins!
Merry Christmas all and a Happy and Safe New Years!
Bring on 2013, year of the CATS!

Also once again Grats to Daz and Dave for winning best posters this year!

I so wanna say something ever so clever and witty but I got nuthin' - Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year all. As always, a great year seen on this board.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2013 (thankfully we managed to get through the 21st of December unscathed).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seasons greetings comrades.

Nothing more to add that hasn't already been said. Stay safe and I look forward to more quality discussion in 2013.

2012 wasn't the greatest year for us, but the board stayed classy. Here's hoping our new talent stands up and the old blokes make one last special effort.

Here's also wishing continuing confusion to Hawthorn. May Jeff Kennett also become even more wizened. I'd also like to see the doggies go well and Varcoe and Motlop become a partnership. Back to Kennett, I hope he continues to experiment with headwear. The more foolish he looks, the happier I feel.

Oh, and I'd also like to see Chappy get whacked in the goolies one last time. I love the man dearly, and don't wish him pain, but an Angry Chappy moment always brightens my week.

Go you Catters.

2012 wasn't the greatest year for us, but the board stayed classy. Here's hoping our new talent stands up and the old blokes make one last special effort.

Here's also wishing continuing confusion to Hawthorn. May Jeff Kennett also become even more wizened. I'd also like to see the doggies go well and Varcoe and Motlop become a partnership. Back to Kennett, I hope he continues to experiment with headwear. The more foolish he looks, the happier I feel.

Oh, and I'd also like to see Chappy get whacked in the goolies one last time. I love the man dearly, and don't wish him pain, but an Angry Chappy moment always brightens my week.

Go you Catters.

Heres hoping NOT.
Heres hoping our kids stand up and give our veterans the send off they deserve by winning them another flag!
I'm not really disagreeing with you but I reckon if we win the flag this year how we do it will be extremely telling for the future.
If its all down to the oldies who pulled out 1 last special effort then our future wont be as bright as we hope (although winning 4 flags in 7 years who cares right?).
But if its our younger guys (from Hawkins, Selwood, Stokes etc down) who take the next step and become THE Geelong team and give the oldies another flag, well if that happens our future is brighter than it was 10 years ago.....

geelong-cats-flag_zps0dc37b29.jpg
:For those who live the dream, and to all who follow through pleasure and pain:
May you enjoy this holiday season, returning for 2013, stronger, wiser,​
fitter, faster,... and rocking the stands in unison.​
WE ARE GEELONG!

christmas-holly-1_zps72787f93.jpg

Have a good and safe Christmas all BF peoples.
And hopefully many of us will be able to catch up during the 2013 season for a few beers before and after the game.

Cheers all.

Many happy ones and good times to all where ever you and yours are. Be well, be safe, be nice to all and enjoy the time ( even if it involves the inlaws!)

And of course....

Go Catters

(like you all didn't see that coming...:p)

I enjoyed the yellow & red card handouts, all aboard the Cats bandwagon in season 2013 :thumbsu:

Not as much as us following your melt downs on big footy.you really have a gift,here's hoping like Geelong you can take it to the next level in 2013,sorry Mods it's work for you but we love him.
Merry Xmas Bobby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back