Concussion???

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone here been concussed before?

Earlier today I had a bad fall and absolutely smashed my head. (Was worried about a skull fracture). After the initial stun.

But am OK (my ears were wringing and took me a while to settle) it was a shock. But ended up OK and finished my work day.

But how long should I watch for symptoms. Just feel a bit of a dull ache? Should I just rest? Or go to hospital? But what can they do and I really don't want to spend more time there then I have to?

Once in footy, head hit ground hard in a tackle. Was helped off the ground by a trainer, felt fine within 10 mins. Went back on and played the game (wasn't right, just felt dazed and a bit non-intetested).

Never had any longer effects. Next day felt fine. So probably similar to yours hopefully. I wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe look for headaches or being a bit 'dazed and confused' or if someone you live with asks 'you alright? You've been acting weird?'

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Once in footy, head hit ground hard in a tackle. Was helped off the ground by a trainer, felt fine within 10 mins. Went back on and played the game (wasn't right, just felt dazed and a bit non-intetested).

Never had any longer effects. Next day felt fine. So probably similar to yours hopefully. I wouldn't be too concerned. Maybe look for headaches or being a bit 'dazed and confused' or if someone you live with asks 'you alright? You've been acting weird?'

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Thanks LOL I'm always weird. But my head is still tender. No more blood. I'm just dazed. But cognitively feel fine (ironically enough). Just a shock I guess. Beside some bullshit schoolyard fight and one sports knock I've never been hit that hard before. Just stunned for a bit. (I'm not a boxer or an AFL player so just wow I'm not used to that) but If I start speaking in tongues I guess I'm concussed.

Anyone here been concussed before?

Earlier today I had a bad fall and absolutely smashed my head. (Was worried about a skull fracture). After the initial stun.

But am OK (my ears were wringing and took me a while to settle) it was a shock. But ended up OK and finished my work day.

But how long should I watch for symptoms. Just feel a bit of a dull ache? Should I just rest? Or go to hospital? But what can they do and I really don't want to spend more time there then I have to?

s**t take care mate.

And maybe PM Joel Selwood via twitter or facebook lol.

/its not funny tho. Glad to hear you're ok/recovered.

sh*t take care mate.

And maybe PM Joel Selwood via twitter or facebook lol.

/its not funny tho. Glad to hear you're ok/recovered.
LOL. It's not that bad. Just really hurt.
I figure Selwood and myself have our own problems. But am happy to give him a few tips if Geelong are that hard up.

I really feel bad for JS and footy players in general that have had lots of concussions.

They are going to be seriously f’ed later in life.
True. And I just had a bad fall and my ear was still ringing when I got up. And then add in any other health issues and it escalates.
But that's a whole other issue. Apparently everyone knocking themselves out is tough etc....
But it really is having an effect down the track.

Got cleaned up in under 18 footy , backed into a pack knocked out by my teamate coming the other way and then hit my head on the ground.
Cant remember any of it .

Wasnt well for at least a week after . Coordination was all out , was sensative to light and didnt fell like eating .
Wasnt nice at all .

Glad to here you feel better .

Once when practising American football about 5 yearsago. No helmet. Head hit ground jumping to catch ball thrown. Couldn't remember what day it was or what I was doing there. Seemed to recover a few hours later and didn't notice any affects after that, but who knows, may be affected to this day. I'd say you should get checked by GP if you are concerned

Haven't really been concussed before, but have definitely seen stars a couple of times from head knocks while playing footy.

Funnily enough, at least once it triggered a case of deja vu.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back