Condolences to the Ablett Family

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how you could even compare the two, considering the amount of tragedy associated with one family.

Ablett lost a sister and his dad hung out with a dead smackie. The kennedys have had 71 years of tragedy.

Can you make a separate thread arguing the Kennedy tragedies compared to the Abletts, this is a condolences thread.....thanks.

Not sure how you could even compare the two, considering the amount of tragedy associated with one family.

Ablett lost a sister and his dad hung out with a dead smackie. The kennedys have had 71 years of tragedy.

I would suggest you re-read the opening post. This thread was specifically and clearly opened as a condolences thread for the Abletts. Not for the above.

A bit of respect too difficult for you?

Bravo for your fine research. Keep up the good work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone who may be struggling from their own inner demons, please read this post.
Good information and I too pass on my condolences to the Abletts and their wider family and friends. This event will have wide reaching effects. It always does.

Without wanting to distract from the intention of the thread and also making an assumption that what has been reported in the papers as being correct then the problems are bigger again than those that Beyond Blue and the other groups quoted are likely to help.

The report says she suffered from a chronic psychotic type of illness, schizophrenia, in this case. Think of these as being disorders of thought where the depressive diseases are disorders of mood. The thought disorders are likely to be more incidious, chronic and unrelenting. They are life destroying and all the treatments are effective only to a point and have often major side effects. Suicide is more common, unpredictable and harder to prevent.

I know a lot of this because I lost my 30 something daughter just over 12 months ago in what I am going to assume is almost the same circumstances. It's obvious anyway but GC and Geelong just need to get the swap done now for Gary and his family's sake. I look at how this impacts on a family and support is everything. Also makes us all understand exactly why Gary wanted to come home nad how hard it would have been carrying this while all sorts of public conjecture was going on.

With psychotic illnesses there is so often little let up for the sufferer. One of my sons who was living with me and my daughter for most of her last 2 years told me after every time he arrived home if he didn't see her he walked through every room of the house just to check and be sure. Suicide you worry about all the time and then you look for signs all the time why it won't occur and than maybe things are improving. I thought my daughter was going through a better time when it happened.

When it happens you just can't believe it even though you worried about it all the time. The Abletts will be going through that now and wondering what more they could have done. Guilt will creep in because even though so much was done you will always wonder if you should have done more. I am sure Gary will ask himself what if I had come home last year. Even though the answer is they will have done everything and more those thought always creep in.

Anyway I hope I haven't distracted from the intention of the thread. I wish all the Abletts the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back