Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors - Season 30 Team Thread | Congratulations S30 Frankston Rover Medallists, harry000 & Tonga Bob!!

Remove this Banner Ad

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be nice to have a level of financial security to be able to afford hefty fines for running naked at a public venue
For some people it's their whole business model.

Season 30 Welcome
e2wSXiT.png

Welcome to Season 30 Wazzas.
I want to start off by congratulating our recently crowned S29 Frankston Rover Medallists, RelaxMax and Doctor Colossus, who in a club first become the only joint winners of the award in our club's history, congratulations to you both on superb individual seasons in Season 29. You have both dominated the award the past 3 seasons, and have been an integral part of our rebuild, so I am stoked to see you both enjoy success and recognition of your outstanding contributions to the club both on and off the field.

Congratulations to harry000 for taking out the highly coveted PWND Trophy for your destroyation of the Dragons, and BEEG takes home another Wooshette Medal for leading our goal kicking once again with 60 majors and a 4th placed finish in the Fred Medal.

Once again we led the league in All-SFA berths with four for the second season in a row, as harry000, Tonga Bob and NaturalDisaster joining myself in the side, harry and Bobby earning their first All-SFA blazers for their breakout seasons. Congrats gents, some fine individual seasons deserving of the accolades.

We also won a further two awards during the awards week, with S29 recruit NaturalDisaster taking out the Frankston Rover Award for service to the league, and myself taking out the Sweet FA Players Association MVP award, the beez trophy. So all in all, despite just missing out on a finals campaign, it was another season of veritable success with Wazzas.

Season 30 is now upon us, and we have picked up a sensational recruit to join our club. I think this fella will come in and make a big splash at Coney Island this season. On the eve of the season, it's time we presented him his jumper for Season 30.

5VnGYA6.png

#13 FootyGuy13

Now to our rookie recruits, and the first to commit to the club this season, FootyGuy13 was a strong contributor to the Melbourne Demons' e-AFL campaign, assisting harry000 throughout the e-AFL season with some amazing statistical work which added an intriguing element to the competition for those over on the Dees board. Having also been involved heavily over on the Dees board having taken ownership and the responsibility of the board's MVP award among other brilliant contributions, and this is a passion he has already brought to the club, as the poor bastard attempts to sift through the history of the Frankston Rover Medal to provide some incredible new insight into the history of the award and the club's greater history which I am thrilled about, and hope that we can support him to be able to do it the justice it deserves. He chose the Warriors over the Dees and has announced himself by dunking on the admin in the sign up thread, so he's already proven to be one of us. Welcome aboard Guy!

I would like to also acknowledge club legend Woosh, who hung up her boots at the completion of S29. A former captain and inaugural life member at the club, Wosh will always be welcome back here at Coney Island when the inevitable itch requires scratching, and I'm sure we'll still see her around the traps, go well Wooshy.

It's a milestone season for the competition, as the league celebrates it's 30th home and away season. This season will also see the 3000th Sweet FA match played in another massive milestone. We too have milestones to celebrate once again this season, with league legends Papa Juggs and Doctor Colossus celebrating their 300th and 250th games respectively, life member Raveneyes will notch his 200th game, and NaturalDisaster will run out for his 150th SFA game this season, along with harry000 and BEEG both set to register their 50th Warriors games in a season of celebration at the club.

We will also be wearing a special commemorative jumper for Season 30 to mark the league's milestone in style, and I will be commissioning a special Heritage kit for what promises to be a very special Heritage Round in the competition's milestone season.

Our season kicks off with a home game at Van Cortlandt Park against the East Side Hawks on 27th July, so let's have a strong fortnight out on the track and unleash #thestreak on Season 30.

- TiF

#MaybeNever

zackah Dinsdale kdavva74 Randomizor Freofalcon candiehappy Smoooothy iGNITER TubbsFarquhar Square Peg Frankston Rover Morganashlee BigJoeD_ Kabanna leobarryustar craffles DapperJong FootyGuy13

Now guys just because it’s now S30 doesn’t mean you stop referring to me as a S29 marquee recruit.

5VnGYA6.png

#13 FootyGuy13

Now to our rookie recruits, and the first to commit to the club this season, FootyGuy13 was a strong contributor to the Melbourne Demons' e-AFL campaign, assisting harry000 throughout the e-AFL season with some amazing statistical work which added an intriguing element to the competition for those over on the Dees board. Having also been involved heavily over on the Dees board having taken ownership and the responsibility of the board's MVP award among other brilliant contributions, and this is a passion he has already brought to the club, as the poor bastard attempts to sift through the history of the Frankston Rover Medal to provide some incredible new insight into the history of the award and the club's greater history which I am thrilled about, and hope that we can support him to be able to do it the justice it deserves. He chose the Warriors over the Dees and has announced himself by dunking on the admin in the sign up thread, so he's already proven to be one of us. Welcome aboard Guy!
Aw shucks

Now guys just because it’s now S30 doesn’t mean you stop referring to me as a S29 marquee recruit.
So that’s why you changed the username.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back