Analysis Confess!!! Who are you and more importantly why do you support Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

In the 96 (could have been 95, cant remember), pre season all the players were down my way having a hit of golf at the same time i was, couldnt believe my luck, called the old man to bring my Melbourne jumper down to the golf club to get it signed.

Much like you i found Garry Lyon to be a complete tosser. Jeff Hilton was a legend. Neil Balme was a monster, couldnt believe how big he was. Jim Stynes was great, Neita was also. Stephen Tingay was my favourite player also but didnt say much. Andrew Leoncelli was a friendly, Junior McDonald and Jeff Farmer i remember being cheeky campaigners, running around flicking blokes ears. Dean Irving (now there's a name) was the best though with all of us, happy to talk with anyone and gave everyone a good minute of his time.
Ran into Farmer around 99ish at the 21st in Franga. ******* legend. "whatcha doin in my neck of the woods Wiz?" "I'm here to smash some bitches brother!"
Dude clearly had ADHD the way he moved around the joint.

He might know the ancient demon! Ancient demon was B&F in the Demons under 17s in 69 or so.

I read your post and went Aha! because I thought your uncle must be Ray Biffin which would make so much sense, but some googling says the year is a bit out so I guess not. But I would like you to be Ray Biffin's nephew.

Crackers Keenan - I last spoke to him in the Eighties, I think.

Crackers Keenan - I last spoke to him in the Eighties, I think.
There you go. The ancient demon used to know Crackers because they trained together back in the day. Great player by his account. And a "basic knockabout mad bastard" apparently. Ancient said Crackers got an erection while having a post training massage once. I have literally no idea why he picked that story to tell me. But I thought I'd pass on the story because it's nice to fill in the little details of family history.

There you go. The ancient demon used to know Crackers because they trained together back in the day. Great player by his account. And a "basic knockabout mad bastard" apparently. Ancient said Crackers got an erection while having a post training massage once. I have literally no idea why he picked that story to tell me. But I thought I'd pass on the story because it's nice to fill in the little details of family history.
My old man tells stories about Crackers too, not sure how he knows him. He played with Vanderhaar at Ringwood when Vanders was just starting out.
I've got an uncle and two cousins who played for north. Pretty strong footballing family from the mallee. I missed out on the footy genes though somehow! I was a slow, unfit and lazy ruckman with no leap. Max Gawn like though from the boundary throw-ins!

I like food
Cant Stand Brad or Chris, most likely the one that Coaches Geelong. I hate the GFC
Career Hospitality Industry
I really had no choice to support the Dees, but I don't have a recollection of the 2000 GF (Probably a good thing, ha I'm told we were dogged by injury leading up to it) At about the age of 12 i really had a crisis of faith, but I'm happy i stuck with Melbourne, i can see the upside now. :)

Favorite dees player hands down James McDonald. Jimmy is the nicest bloke you could ever meet, had a kick to kick with him when i was about 15 before school one morning and Ooozzze. Least Favourite: Any player that leaves to go to another club, currently Frawley, Howe, $cully. Back when the dees played finals it was Alister Nicholson

Cat man through and through
Date; Taylor Swift
Dinner party Guests: Dane Swan, Hank Moody, Jimmy Page
First Concert: ACDC
Favorite football memory: When the dees came back in the second half and beat Freo in the G'. I was there that day, my dad apologised for putting me through this, and then somehow we turned it on and showed them!
Sporting Achievement: TBA

My favourite demon is Stynes.

I've noticed the last few weeks that I'm really getting on board an Oliver train though. Snuck up on me somehow.
My favourite was the wiz. Least favourite, maybe Flash, or Green, or Bruce. Any of our bruise free brigade. Watts and Garland s**t me on a regular basis for the same reason.

My favourite was the wiz. Least favourite, maybe Flash, or Green, or Bruce. Any of our bruise free brigade. Watts and Garland s**t me on a regular basis for the same reason.
Although i agree with you about Green, he wasn't one of my favourites either, i enjoyed watching Flash

1. Food - I miss good Thai food. There's a half decent Indian joint in town, that's about it.
2. Sex - Needs to stop. Far too many people on this planet.
3. Scott twins - Don't mind Chris, don't care for Brad, don't really give one though.
4. Career - Eh, ups and downs like everyone else. About to do the full-time work, part-time study thing, which promises to be fun given my job is already a campaignering time suck.
5. Supporting the Dees - Sydney boy, supported the Swans first, cracked it in 96 when 20 odd thousand people came out of the woodwork when the Swans were doing okay all of a sudden. Can't really remember why Dees after that.
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - favourite: Tingay, although if that's too obvious, I always really liked Peter Walsh for some reason. Can't stand Mitch Clark, never should have brought that mercenary twat in.
7. Dog or cats - wouldn't mind a dog, problem is looking after it and moving a lot.
8. Date - Yvonne Strahovski. If I could be picky, season 2 Chuck Yvonne Strahovski. Peak Strahovski.
9. Dinner party guests - Strahovski, Bill Burr, Oliver Reed, Richie Benaud
10. Eugenics - Spider Burton and Maria Sharapova.
11. Weird thing - I have three nipples. Isn't as bad as it sounds as the third is located in an area that doesn't get a showing too often (my third testicle).
12. First Concert - Don't do concerts, people are annoying. Live bands at the pub about covers the extent of it.
13. Fav football memory - 2000 GF. Haven't got much else to hang the hat on.
14. Sporting achievement - was in the NSW squad for ra ra briefly as a kid. Played a decent level of cricket, had my moments occasionally.
15. Unpopular opinion - just realized I left the last bloke's answer in here. I have plenty of unpopular opinions, you've probably seen some.

Last edited:
Okay so I think the title gives the gist, hopefully.

Confession time for anyone who dares - with a Dee's focus if possible (but if you feel a strong urge to confess something even worse, please feel free)

So for me I'm relatively new to AFL - I'm not originally from an Australian Football region but I knew about it and watched a few games as a kid because it was a fun game to watch as a one-off. Without a team as such, I tended to like Melbourne, Collingwood and Carlton because I quite liked the uniform. It was a poor start for a Dee's fan, I admit, but I want to hear from others. Don't feel confined by the questions, confess anything the hell you want. But if you need to get started:
- food. Do you like it? What about it do you like? Favourite food?
- sex. Good idea or not thought through enough? You decide...
- Scott twins; annoying yes?
- is your career building you up or bringing you down (bloke in orange handed me a card with that on the tram earlier; didn't read the fine print but the opening question seemed harmless so I'm borrowing it)
- why on earth are you a Dee's supporter?

To respond to this thread I totally expect you to come up with three further interesting or uninteresting questions and answers.

Also, the rule is (because I say so) you tell us one weird thing about yourself. It doesn't have to be weird nasty - just something that might be surprising. Having said that, weird nasty is okay too.
-I do like food, favourite has to be Chinese food
-I also like sex, my girlfriend love it to which is fun
-I reckon the twins are ******* funny as
-slowly building it up I guess, I'll get there eventually
-brainwashed since age 3 from the step dad who told me he used to play. He gave me an old picture with a player called Shaun Smith, his name was Shane Smith but I couldn't read properly so I thought it was him

Now my questions
-best football Achievement
-age you lost your virginty
-have you ever abused a police officer to his face

1. Food - I miss good Thai food. There's a half decent Indian joint in town, that's about it.
3. Scott twins - Don't mind Chris, don't care for Brad, don't really give one though.
4. Career - Eh, ups and downs like everyone else. About to do the full-time work, part-time study thing, which promises to be fun given my job is already a campaignering time suck.
5. Supporting the Dees - Sydney boy, supported the Swans first, cracked it in 96 when 20 odd thousand people came out of the woodwork when the Swans were doing okay all of a sudden. Can't really remember why Dees after that.
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - favourite: Tingay, although if that's too obvious, I always really liked Peter Walsh for some reason. Can't stand Mitch Clark, never should have brought that mercenary twat in.
7. Dog or cats - wouldn't mind a dog, problem is looking after it and moving a lot.
8. Date - Yvonne Strahovski. If I could be picky, season 2 Chuck Yvonne Strahovski. Peak Strahovski.
11. Weird thing - I have three nipples. Isn''t as bad as it sounds as the third is located in an area that doesn't get a showing too often (my third testicle).
12. First Concert - Don't do concerts, people are annoying. Live bands at the pub about covers the extent of it.
14. Sporting achievement - was in the NSW squad for ra ra briefly as a kid. Played a decent level of cricket, had my moments occasionally.
15. Unpopular opinion - I'm in favour of concerted efforts to expand Aussie Rules internationally.
You need to buy yourself that massive big pink David Thompson cookbook and make your own Thai food. I just polished off a sour orange curry with trout and a green papaya salad on the side. Takes me a long time to get bored with Thai food.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Food - BBQs, fish and chips, I ain't that fussy
Sex - Male
Scott twins - Don't much like either of them but the Norf one has that Norf chip on his shoulder
Career - We just had to close the family business down so currently a free agent
Supporting the Dees - Option was barrack for the Dees or find my own way to the footy.
Fav/Hated Dees players - Garry Lyon was always my favourite. Haven't hated any Dees but never much liked Chris Heffernan
Dog or cats - Dogs, but not big on pets. Or kids.
Date - Jolene Van Vugt
Weird thing - I have double jointed thumbs
First Concert - John Farnham at the tennis centre in '87. I was grade 2. First concert of my choosing was Green Day at Etihad for the American Idiot tour.
Fave football memory - being late to school because I was with Mum buying finals tickets
Sporting achievement - I shot a three pointer once.
First Car - '82 Commodore SL/X wagon. Wish I still had it.

1. Food - Don't make me choose
2. Sex - Highly overrated. Tried it once. Ended up with a sore bum.
3. Scott twins - Whatevs. * 'em both.
4. Career - Driver.
5. Supporting the Dees - Dad Fitzroy, Mum Collingwood. Used to switch sides all the time between them. When I was 8 & started following the game more closely in 87 I briefly jumped on the Sydney bandwagon & then dropped them once Melbourne started steaming towards the finals.
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - Hard to pick an all time fav but I only ever owned one jumper & it had Tingay's number on it. I was going to say Cale Morton was my most hated but I took great pleasure into ripping into him so I'll say Mitch Clark for obvious reasons.
7. Dog or cats - Used to hate cats but since owning one I have come to appreciate their quirks.
8. Date - Margot Robbie
9. Dinner party guests - Patton Oswald Chris Jericho Quentin Tarantino Stan Lee
10. Eugenics - Sally Robbins & Brett Heady
11. Weird thing - I crapped my pants two weeks ago.
12. First Concert - Red Hot Chili Peppers
13. Fav football memory - 2000 QF. Not only the game but got so fired up almost got into a punch on with some dickhead Carlton supporters with a stranger.
14. Sporting achievement - Life member at my cricket club
15. Unpopular opinion - Age of consent laws need to lowered.:oops:

11. Weird thing - I have three nipples. Isn't as bad as it sounds as the third is located in an area that doesn't get a showing too often (my third testicle).
15. Unpopular opinion - just realized I left the last bloke's answer in here. I have plenty of unpopular opinions, you've probably seen some.

Love me some Bill Burr. I listen to his podcast religiously.

Also love when he does his own commentary on sports:

Love me some Bill Burr. I listen to his podcast religiously.

Also love when he does his own commentary on sports:

Bill Burr, Dylan Moran, Greg Giraldo and Bill Hicks would make an alright dinner party.

Okay so I think the title gives the gist, hopefully.

Confession time for anyone who dares - with a Dee's focus if possible (but if you feel a strong urge to confess something even worse, please feel free)

So for me I'm relatively new to AFL - I'm not originally from an Australian Football region but I knew about it and watched a few games as a kid because it was a fun game to watch as a one-off. Without a team as such, I tended to like Melbourne, Collingwood and Carlton because I quite liked the uniform. It was a poor start for a Dee's fan, I admit, but I want to hear from others. Don't feel confined by the questions, confess anything the hell you want. But if you need to get started:
- food. Do you like it? What about it do you like? Favourite food?
- sex. Good idea or not thought through enough? You decide...
- Scott twins; annoying yes?
- is your career building you up or bringing you down (bloke in orange handed me a card with that on the tram earlier; didn't read the fine print but the opening question seemed harmless so I'm borrowing it)
- why on earth are you a Dee's supporter?

To respond to this thread I totally expect you to come up with three further interesting or uninteresting questions and answers.

Also, the rule is (because I say so) you tell us one weird thing about yourself. It doesn't have to be weird nasty - just something that might be surprising. Having said that, weird nasty is okay too.

My journey to supporting the MFC is basically through a series of coincidences, although looking back at it now I suspect my old man was using some type of jedi mind trick over a long period of time to brainwash me. It all started back to an older time, way back before I was even a twinkle...well, you get the picture. My dad went to visit a doctor (or it could have been a dentist) and it was one of the Cordner's who attended him, not sure which one. He must have made a pretty good impression because when he left the appointment he not only had a script for the flu (or a filling in a molar) but he finally had a footy club to support. Fast forward to my very early primary school years, we had a footy clinic and none other than the great Robbie Flower took it, at the time I was a bit unsure of footy but this funny looking skinny bloke with glasses and big ears seemed like a nice guy. Fast forward another couple of years and dad took me to get my first cricket bat, a Grey Nicholls powerspot (note, no fancy schmancy scoops for this little black duck thank you very much). We walked in and there, behind the counter, was this funny looking skinny bloke with glasses and big ears. From that day on every time I stepped onto a footy field I proudly wore the number 2.

As for the other questions.

Food. I love it, particularly Asian cuisine, any type really, I love it. I'm also starting to experiment more with cooking with fire, I built a clay mud pizza oven in my backyard which has been giving some really nice results.

Sex. Whoever invented it deserves some sort of wonderful place in history.

Scott's, pillocks.

Earlier this year I finally bit the bullet and started my own business. Best thing I ever did.

Something weird. I spit into the urinal whenever I take a piss out and about but I never do it at home. Kind of disgusting I know, don't look at me.

I'm going to give three answers, see if anyone can guess what they are:

Answer #1. 18
Answer #2. 18
Answer #3. Paul Stoddart.

TL : DR - I'm currently in Malaysia, had too much to drink and bloody annoyed at missing ANB's debut. Go dee's

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm related to Wally Lock, interchange spot on the team of the century. Didn't discover this until late primary school.

Bill Burr, Dylan Moran, Greg Giraldo and Bill Hicks would make an alright dinner party.

I usually cant stand women comedians but Amy Schumer is excellent. Id have to have her if i had 4 comedians. Dave Chappelle also.

1. Food - Something meaty, ribs, steak, brisket, ******* great.
2. Sex - Goes well, I am a sleepy campaigner though.
3. Scott twins - Hate Brad - like Chris
4. Career - Just starting out really, worked in gyms while I was studying - now working in football which is where I want to be.
5. Supporting the Dees - Dad is a prick, somehow forced me to go for the Dees even though he has probably seen one Dees game live... never even took me to games, he doesn't like AFL.
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - Favorite Dee, David Neitz - least fav is tough, I like all Dees... maybe Bate
7. Dog or cats - Dogs all the way, love big dogs.
8. Date - Sloan from Entourage (have you gents seen the pic?)
9. Dinner party guests - Dave Grohl, MJ, Anthony Kiedis + Obama
10. Eugenics - Jack Watts and Jesse Hogan
11. Weird thing - Collect craft beer
12. First Concert - Big Day Out when I was 14
13. Fav football memory - Comeback v GWS, we were dead that day
14. Sporting achievement - Meh, okay cricketer and have played at a good level, am pretty handy at most sports but never really got in to any specific one... would love to start playing footy again but my lower body is struggling after a skiing injury a couple of years back (which is lol cos I'm 24)
15. Unpopular opinion - am tired, can't think of any but I'm sure I have plenty

My journey to supporting the MFC is basically through a series of coincidences, although looking back at it now I suspect my old man was using some type of jedi mind trick over a long period of time to brainwash me. It all started back to an older time, way back before I was even a twinkle...well, you get the picture. My dad went to visit a doctor (or it could have been a dentist) and it was one of the Cordner's who attended him, not sure which one. He must have made a pretty good impression because when he left the appointment he not only had a script for the flu (or a filling in a molar) but he finally had a footy club to support. Fast forward to my very early primary school years, we had a footy clinic and none other than the great Robbie Flower took it, at the time I was a bit unsure of footy but this funny looking skinny bloke with glasses and big ears seemed like a nice guy. Fast forward another couple of years and dad took me to get my first cricket bat, a Grey Nicholls powerspot (note, no fancy schmancy scoops for this little black duck thank you very much). We walked in and there, behind the counter, was this funny looking skinny bloke with glasses and big ears. From that day on every time I stepped onto a footy field I proudly wore the number 2.

As for the other questions.

Food. I love it, particularly Asian cuisine, any type really, I love it. I'm also starting to experiment more with cooking with fire, I built a clay mud pizza oven in my backyard which has been giving some really nice results.

Sex. Whoever invented it deserves some sort of wonderful place in history.

Scott's, pillocks.

Earlier this year I finally bit the bullet and started my own business. Best thing I ever did.

Something weird. I spit into the urinal whenever I take a piss out and about but I never do it at home. Kind of disgusting I know, don't look at me.

I'm going to give three answers, see if anyone can guess what they are:

Answer #1. 18
Answer #2. 18
Answer #3. Paul Stoddart.

TL : DR - I'm currently in Malaysia, had too much to drink and bloody annoyed at missing ANB's debut. Go dee's

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm related to Wally Lock, interchange spot on the team of the century. Didn't discover this until late primary school.
I'll bite. I am assuming it has to do with the F1 race where Mark Webber started in Grid position 18 in the first drive for Paul Stoddart as owner of the Minardi racing team at Albert Park in 2002, and you were 18 years old?

I'll bite. I am assuming it has to do with the F1 race where Mark Webber started in Grid position 18 in the first drive for Paul Stoddart as owner of the Minardi racing team at Albert Park in 2002, and you were 18 years old?

Question 1: How old were you when you had your first Big Mac

Question 2: How old were you when you had your last Big Mac

Question 3: Have you ever house sat for someone famous

Feeling a bit rough this morning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back