Analysis Confess!!! Who are you and more importantly why do you support Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

98f0a15ed8fd3ea397f6fefe6ce86c08.jpg

1. Food - yep, I like me some food.
2. Sex - yep, I like me some sex.
3. Scott twins - Campaigners
4. Career - yep, I'd like a career
5. Supporting the Dees - Ex Fitzroy Supporter. half the family was roys, the other demons, It was a natural choice.
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - Fave = Jack Viney. Least Fave = Travis Johnstone
7. Dog or cats - Dog
8. Date - 22/05/2016
9. Dinner party guests - Max Gawn, Brinn Edelstien (whatever her name is now) and Graham Kennedy (if he was still here)
10. Genetic Eugenics - no
11. Weird thing - I'm a conspiracy theorist i guess.
12. First Concert - Ice T/Bodycount
13. Fav football memory - Beating an ex carlton ruckman in a ruck contest and kicking a few goals on Daniel Wolfe (ex St Kilda player)
14. Sporting achievement - Clutch 3 point shot on siren to win BBall game, winning indoor footy premiership, getting knocked out twice in a game of footy, and still playing.

Question: If the MFC folded would you follow footy? If so, who?
I would, but probably not with the same passion. I'd follow the Doggies because I've got friends who are members and they're quite similar to Melbourne- perennial underdogs in a way.

Be nice to go to Etihad expecting a win for a change, too.

Favourite food is Indian, but I'll never pass up a good chicken Parma
Sex, me and the lady recently found a vinbrating dick ring at the supermarket for 13 dollars ... best investment I've ever made I've gone from average in the sack to Ron Jeremy
Scott twins were good to watch when they played footy ... don't mind the passion they have for their players
Career? I'm working as a private landscaper for a wealthy family in Canada in the rocky mountains ... that's a great way to say I don't have one
Old man supports the Dee's but I was a swans supporter due to plugger and Kelly being my favourite players as a kid .. watched the Dee's belt them in around 97 I reckon and swapped to the Dee's and never looked backed
Favourite player was the wiz.. most hated is mitch Clark
Dogs or cats .. probably dogs but I've had some funny cats
Date- Emma stone has that weird ass red head personality I like ... same with the girl who voices Meg who I can't remembers name now
Dinner party guests- jim jefferies, Sam Newman, hilltop hoods and Emma stone
Weird thing- I have a neck tattoo ( it's not of a an ex or a kid )
Weirder- I was homeless in Canada for a couple months with a visa issue living in a car
Favourite football memory- qualifying final against carlton 2000 or the troy broadbridge game when the players left the field arm in arm
Sporting achievement- won some underage premierships.. went back to back
I'm a bit disappointed now because I'd become all but certain you are a snowboarding instructor in Banff

I'm a bit disappointed now because I'd become all but certain you are a snowboarding instructor in Banff

I live 10 minutes away from banff and my best friend is a snowboard instructor in banff, theres 0 money in it though
I much prefer to rock up to the hill occasionally and get the discount pass for knowing the staff

1. Food - chicken schnitzel
2. Sex - any hole's a goal
3. Scott twins -I personally enjoyed that season a few years ago where Norf kept losing by under a goal and Brad Scott would cry like a b*tch. He's fun to laugh at, except not so much now that Norf are actually winning. The other Scott, meh.
4. Profession -still working on it
5. Supporting the Dees - 4 generations of dees in my family. Stems from my great-grandfather who was part of the MCC.
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - Brad Green I really enjoyed, also Robbo Yze Neitz White and Farmer. Never liked Carroll or Heffernan.
7. Dog or cats - Dawgs
8. Date - Some pr0n star I guess
9. Dinner party guests - Toumpas, Morton, and a bunch of bouncy balls and fairy dust
10. Eugenics - ...yeah I'll just let that one slide to the keeper
11. Weird thing -never actually played a competitive game of afl in my life at any age group or in any school or competition, even though I loved it and use to practice a lot. Didn't have time due to other sports when younger and by the time I hit puberty my hamstrings were (and still are) incredibly stuffed, making it incredibly hard to run a lot, or kick more than say 35m even though I'm quite tall. Also, I've never eaten an orange.
12. First Concert - too embarrassed to say
13. Fav football memory - St Kilda elimination final 2006. Individual moment though would have to be Godfrey's right-foot goal on QB.
14. Sporting achievement -while just mucking around when I was about 15, pelted a basketball from one end of a basketball court to the other and got in clean in the hoop on the first attempt in my life (use to hate basketball, wouldn't go near a ball). To this day have never been able to repeat it.
15. Unpopular opinion - Trump's foreign policy ideas will actually make the world a much safer place

1. Food - chicken schnitzel
2. Sex - any hole's a goal
3. Scott twins -I personally enjoyed that season a few years ago where Norf kept losing by under a goal and Brad Scott would cry like a b*tch. He's fun to laugh at, except not so much now that Norf are actually winning. The other Scott, meh.
4. Profession -still working on it
5. Supporting the Dees - 4 generations of dees in my family. Stems from my great-grandfather who was part of the MCC.
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - Brad Green I really enjoyed, also Robbo Yze Neitz White and Farmer. Never liked Carroll or Heffernan.
7. Dog or cats - Dawgs
8. Date - Some pr0n star I guess
9. Dinner party guests - Toumpas, Morton, and a bunch of bouncy balls and fairy dust
10. Eugenics - ...yeah I'll just let that one slide to the keeper
11. Weird thing -never actually played a competitive game of afl in my life at any age group or in any school or competition, even though I loved it and use to practice a lot. Didn't have time due to other sports when younger and by the time I hit puberty my hamstrings were (and still are) incredibly stuffed, making it incredibly hard to run a lot, or kick more than say 35m even though I'm quite tall. Also, I've never eaten an orange.
12. First Concert - too embarrassed to say
13. Fav football memory - St Kilda elimination final 2006. Individual moment though would have to be Godfrey's right-foot goal on QB.
14. Sporting achievement -while just mucking around when I was about 15, pelted a basketball from one end of a basketball court to the other and got in clean in the hoop on the first attempt in my life (use to hate basketball, wouldn't go near a ball). To this day have never been able to repeat it.
15. Unpopular opinion - Trump's foreign policy ideas will actually make the world a much safer place
Not having eaten on orange is pretty odd.

1. Food - Bangers and Mash.
2. Sex - 0.
3. Scott twins - Chris Scott overreating still gives me a laugh, Brad is still the more emotional one.
4. Profession - Not yet in one, hopefully soon.
5. Supporting the Dees - Dad got me into it before he passed, mum made it her soul duty to see me a Melbourne guy. Went off footy for a few years during primary school cause a friend hated it. High School got back into it, but followed Geelong in 09 because i wanted to support a team that won. Then Bailey ball brought me back to the Dees and i look back on that brief 09 with shame. My secret shame, I was young and Foolish!
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - Loved Davey as a kid, Was one of two players i knew as a kid, Big Neitz too as time went on. Can't really think of anyone i hated in my breif time, any campaigner that left really. Maybe, Tom Gillies... Wait for it...
7. Dog or cats - Cats fo sho
8. Date - At this point i'll take anything
9. Dinner party guests - Christopher Lee if he was around still, Ronald Dale, Grant Kirkhope
10. Eugenics - wat
11. Weird thing - There is plenty about me, like Sellout i've never played AFL in my life, however my friends always try to convince me to play, they call me a natural and people i meet are often surprised i've never played because people seem to think i have skills for it, the only sport i played is badminton briefly. Also i have aspergers syndrome which i wrote about in the depression thread on the mainboard. Just think a little differently, but i've learnt to just mimic being normal so people really don't know, but i still seem a quite odd or different to some people, just not crazy at least. Anyway i'm being honest with you people with something i never often speak about
12. First Concert - Hunters and Collectors 2014 and Rutherglen
13. Fav football memory - 06 Elimination. Maybe Round 12 last year because i literally had tears of joy and no game of football has ever done that to me
14. Sporting achievement - Does chess count as a sport? Because i got nothing, other than some freaky snaps with friends at kick to kick
15. Unpopular opinion - The vote should stay as compulsory

16. If you had the ability to time travel to any era or event in history where would you go and why?
- Storming of the Bastille or maybe to something Russian revolution related, Or i might just hang out in the 60's and watch our last premiership and then cruise around in the 80's or 90's. I'm a history buff

Last edited:
If you had the ability to time travel to any era or event in history where would you go and why?
I'd be pretty keen to checkout Germany on the eve of WWII. Still fascinated by the whole idea of an entire nation being brainwashed.

For something a little lighter, maybe check out haight-ashbury in the late 60's and drop some acid with Leary while Jefferson Airplane jam away in the background. It would probably be the perfect time to start cult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Food - Chicken kiev
2. Sex - It is rather enjoyable
3. Scott twins - Both are self-righteous flogs
4. Profession - Professional student, studying food science and dietitics
5. Supporting Melbourne - My great uncle was Shane McGrath and apparently someone on that side owned a pub where Norm Smith and a bunch of players used to drink. My dad was a rugby man being a kiwi, but my mum pushed me into Melbourne
6. Favourite player/most hated player - Favourite is hard, I'd probably go with Viney jnr. Hated is definitely campaigner
7. Dogs or cats - I love both but dogs no1
8. Date - Taylor Swift
9. Dinner party guests - Max Gawn, Stephen Amell, my dad and taylor swift
10. Eugenics - this is a ******* weird question
11. Weird thing - I used to travel around Australia to play Halo (The video game) competitively.
12. First concert - Never been to one outside of some very small gigs for friends bands. Probably should go to one
13. Favourite football memory - Been in a shitty age group for watching Melbourne, but I'd say the last quarter of the 2014 game against Essendon
14. Sporting achievement - Either playing interleague footy when I was 14/15 or playing with my school in year 11 and being by far the best in our region, and even good enough to take it up to some of the Melbourne schools (We were in a country town)
15. Unpopular opinion - Transgender people have a mental illness and by accepting it we are enabling that illness
16. Time travel - To the Jurassic period, definitely. I've always had a fascination with dinosaurs

Forgive me father for I have sinned..... a lot... and I've take your name in vain even more so, mainly during MFC games.

1.2.3. First three questions can be combined sex with the Scott twins with a bottle of fish sauce and ramen noodles.
Those two self loving midget hairy bastards would make the ultimate beast with two backs.
4. I would, with divine help. Like to become an ordained Pastafarian Minister... A Pastamancer if you must.
5. I lost a bet at the local pub, and BANG! Go DEES!
6. Favorite Dee Darren Cuthbertson.. Least Favorite... Darren Jarman
7. Ligar... Magic properties and s**t!
8. Monica Bellucci
9. Gumby, One of the snorks, Stephen Hawking and Lemmy.
10. Anything to help build up the Elite, I support! Scott Chisholm and Lindsay Davenport
11. I own every single episode of He-Man on Sony Beta Tapes
12. Dog Fashion Disco
13. Getting to cut the Oranges into quarters and put them into old Paul's ice cream containers.
14. Un-defeated full contact UNO champion of South East Asia and American Samoa.
15. I like the idea of BT. Not of him talking, just the idea of a fat hairy man being paid money to do sweet F.A.
16. I feel that Tom Arnold would be a good choice. Thou it would not have a spoken script. It would be performed via interpretive dance.

My question. If you were stuck in the Tardis, which Melbourne Coach would you like to play Dr. Who and who would voice K-9?

1. Food - Thai, Chinese, Indian, roasts & many others.
2. Sex - Male
3. Scott twins - Bad sports when they lose.
4. Profession - I don't view work as a career, rather it is a means to an end so I have always done what makes me the most money in the least time.
5. Supporting Melbourne - Dad said, 'support the Dees or move out.' I was 4 & had already been wearing the jumper with No. 2 (Flower) on it.
6. Favourite player/most hated player - Favourite is Flower, Stynes. Hated is Strawbs O'Dwyer. No Idea why, perhaps it was his red mop. Scully it is then.
7. Dogs or cats - Cats, used to be a dog person but changed to cats.
8. Date - Not date as I'm married, but I find Olivia Munn attractive.
9. Dinner party guests - Jesus, Genghis Khan, Issac Newton, Christopher Columbus, Mozart & many others.
10. Eugenics - Usain Bolt/Lebron James & Daisy Pearce/MFC women's team - Daughter son ftw.
11. Weird thing - Almost shot my brother in the head being a stupid teenager with a gun. So, so many others.
12. First concert - Neil Diamond as a 16yo, was good. Best concert was Lenny Kravitz a couple of years ago. Supported by Wolfmother & The Cranberries who were also great but he was epic.
13. Favourite football memory - Making the '88 GF.
14. Sporting achievement - Ran state athletics.
15. Unpopular opinion - Children need to be beaten more by their parents & calling teachers/adults by their first name rages me.
16. Time travel - To spend a year every decade from 4000 BCE to today.
17. If I could live forever - Dedicate a year of my life studying every different plant, animal & mineral on our planet. One at a time.

Last edited:
1. Food - Thai, Chinese, Indian, roasts & many others.
2. Sex - Male
3. Scott twins - Bad sports when they lose.
4. Profession - I don't view work as a career, rather it is a means to an end so I have always done what makes me the most money in the least time.
5. Supporting Melbourne - Dad said, 'support the Dees or move out.' I was 4 & had already been wearing the jumper with No. 2 (Flower) on it.
6. Favourite player/most hated player - Favourite is Flower, Stynes. Hated is Strawbs O'Dwyer. No Idea why, perhaps it was his red mop. Scully it is then.
7. Dogs or cats - Cats, used to be a dog person but changed to cats.
8. Date - Not date as I'm married, but I find Olivia Munn attractive.
9. Dinner party guests - Jesus, Genghis Khan, Issac Newton, Christopher Columbus, Mozart & many others.
10. Eugenics - Usain Bolt/Lebron James & Daisy Pearce/MFC women's team - Daughter son ftw.
11. Weird thing - Almost shot my brother in the head being a stupid teenager with a gun. So, so many others.
12. First concert - Neil Diamond as a 16yo, was good. Best concert was Lenny Kravitz a couple of years ago. Supported by Wolfmother & The Cranberries who were also great but he was epic.
13. Favourite football memory - Making the '88 GF.
14. Sporting achievement - Ran state athletics.
15. Unpopular opinion - Children need to be beaten more by their parents & calling teachers/adults by their first name rages me.
16. Time travel - To spend a year every decade from 4000 BCE to today.
17. If I could live forever - Dedicate a year of my life studying every plant, animal & mineral on our planet individually.
Dinner with Mozart would be excellent. Jesus an interesting choice, though I like wine, fish and loaves so if I was having a bad day, I could presumably ask him to cater. Jealous about the Kravitz/wolfmother/cranberries thing.

Thread is going well for a concept born in the middle of the night while pizzled on pretty sketchy principles.

:thumbsu:

1. Food - I have a terrible soft spot for cheeseburgers
2. Sex - Even better with someone else.
3. Scott twins - There sure is two of them.
4. Profession - I spend my days wearing a tracksuit and yelling at foreigners, so I'm basically a senior citizen. I'm also a professional volleyball coach in Europe.
5. Supporting Melbourne - Dad didn't leave me much of a choice, I went off footy a bit when I was a teenager, but came back for the last few years of The Rev. Though the old man chose the Dees to piss off his dad in the 60's who was a collingwood fan.
6. Favourite player/most hated player - Steven Stretch was my favourite (seeing his kid run around does not make me feel young), until I was given the number 11 guernsey for primary school footy. My later encounters with Jimmy certainly validated that choice. Can't say I hate anyone, but never had much time for Jace Bode... not that anyone did.
7. Dogs or cats - Cats perfectly replicate all the character traits I find reprehensible in humans.
8. Date - Not sure the missus would be ok with me dating.
9. Dinner party guests - John Wooden, Vladimir Alekno, Johann Cruyff and Martin Flanagan
10. Eugenics - Serena Williams and Kevin Durant, to be adopted by anyone eligible for the F/S rule.
11. Weird thing - Too many to pick one
12. First concert - The Melbourne Funk Festival at the Espy in about 97.
13. Favourite football memory - Not really football, but got to spend some time with Jim Stynes through the Reach Foundation, amazing human.
14. Sporting achievement - I've won a couple of national championships in a couple of countries
15. Unpopular opinion - Anyone who complains about having to vote can go live somewhere where they don't get a say.
16. Time travel - If we have the capability to time travel, I reckon I'd just cherry pick all the best bits, why limit it to one!
17. If I could live forever - I'd probably get around to reading all those books I've told people that I've read.

Best concert was Lenny Kravitz a couple of years ago. Supported by Wolfmother & The Cranberries who were also great but he was epic.

At the Sidney Myer Music Bowl for the F1 GP? Surprisingly, I enjoyed the Cranberries the most. They were fantastic.

Probably my favourite concert was Weezer, also at the Music Bowl. Closely followed by '68 at the Ding Dong Lounge.

1. Food - most of it
2. Sex - hello
3. Scott twins - There are two of them?
4. Career - more changes than Martin Pyke
5. Supporting the Dees - Father chose dees while growing up in the 50s.
6. Fav/Hated Dees players - Fave = (current) Nev (all time) maybe Whelan maybe some others. Always fringe. Least Fave = Michael Newton
7. Dog or cats - Used to be dog person but now I'm all cats.
8. Date - October 2008 was the last one I went on.
9. Dinner party guests - Steve Albini (he can cook, too), Carrie Brownstein, Anthony Bourdain
10. Genetic Eugenics - IDK
11. Weird thing - I know how to restring tennis/squash/badminton racquets
12. First Concert - 1995- REM then Pantera then the first Push Over fest then Summersault.
13. Fav football memory - Jakovich's scissor goal watched from the top of the Olympic v North.
14. Sporting achievement - blocked Bob Murphy's fast break layup out of court in u/16s in Warragul (close second nailing 3 consecutive 3-ptrs on fast breaks in F grade at MSAC 18 years later)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back