Confessions - Silly Acts and Poor Choices, (we've all done them).

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm an unabashed Matt Scharenberg fan!

Error, wait, I think that's out there already ;)

True confession: I always thought Tony Shaw was more a trier than a great player, in the earlier days, not as good as Ray etc. Boy did I get that one wrong.

My brother did that to me once.

He told me that during the famine in Ireland the English herded all the Catholics into a pen and gave them a choice of 2 exits. If you went out one gate you became a Protestant and got a bowl of soup. If you went out the other you stayed a Catholic and starved. I wrote it in an essay. :drunk::$ The particulars were somewhat fudged, but I suppose the general idea was accurate.
"Its a fence....to keep the rabbits out"

I once lived in Adelaide (as bad as that is, 'tis not the confession).

Due to the saturation of Crows and Port in the media, I quickly developed an intense hatred of the cows.

Was watching the cows and Carlscum, and found myself rooting for the blues.

Showered for a long time scrubbing my body with solvol and still felt dirty.

Phoned my Pa and confessed my egregious mistake.

He's not spoke to me since

Please forgive me my magpie brethren and sistren

Like the great wall of China was built to keep the rabbits out kinda stuff?

When they were little I told them that their hair was being washed with the poo of the Sham, a rhino-like animal covered in thick fur.

All fun until son presents on the topic at pre-school.

From today I am officially divorced . Still living together in the same house until the kid leaves school, but one step closer to
66319567.jpg

From today I am officially divorced . Still living together in the same house until the kid leaves school, but one step closer to
66319567.jpg

i sincerely hope you dont end up like he did at the end of the movie.

66319567.jpg

Does that mean you can now bring tinder dates home?

Congratulations ... Life is too precious, and too short to be in an unhappy relationship.

66319567.jpg
Congratulations (I think)
Hope the living arrangements work out for you

66319567.jpg
Hope the living together works out.
Have seen where it has worked well, how is the 'kid' taking the divorce?

Hope the living together works out.
Have seen where it has worked well, how is the 'kid' taking the divorce?
Thought I mentioned it once in the past. Nothing much practical changes. Had separate sleeping arrangements for years. Only got the paperwork done for a few reasons. Didn't even need a lawyer.
Kid (17 yrs btw) doesn't know but he wouldn't be surprised if he would find out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the taxpayer having indulged me a reasonable education, I make football calls like a concussed drunkard.

This thread is to purge your intellectual dribble kicks of 2017. To hurl them on the pyre, to liberate you to make better calls in 2018 (or, to ascend to even greater idiocy).

Three of my worst 2017 calls:

3. Fazzy Boy would kick 60+ goals

Love Fazzy Boy - and his off-field tribulations roused my paternal instincts. Nonetheless, 29 goals from 17 games delivered far less than my hyped-up fan-boy thread last year predicted.

2. Voting for BringouttheGimp as Poster of the Year

Voted for Gimpy in 2016 as encouragement to take his posting to new heights in 2017. Sorry!

1. 'With your cattle and coach, Richmond will never win a premiership.'

Predicted enduring Richmond failure to long-standing client in March. He has re-sent me that email several times in the past month.

Welcome back WBW.:)

My main dribble kick involved James Aish:
  • He would cement his place in the 22 in 2017.
  • His girlfriend doesnt care for umbrellas.
  • There's nothing wrong with his hair do, and he's not going bald.
  • TD's Aish-related posts are all on the mark.
I've grown weary of defending him.

Welcome back WBW:)

I too thought that cute little curl, as pictured, would make a difference Vicky Park but I do seem to be the ‘king of dribble kicks’ when championing the underpies.
I need to change my avatar, again:(

Dunn to be depth only to the likes of Schade, Reid and McLarty. Who knows how things will pan out in 2018, but he added something this year!

Sier would show something in year 2. It's extremely disappointing that two years in he's yet to show anything that can translate to the next level. We've had slow burn mids before such as Swan and JT, but boy will he be lucky to get a third year. At with Gault he'd shown something!

Buckley won't be senior coach in 2018 if we miss the 8. That'll teach me for thinking the board had a backbone...

I had bloopers

Cloke wasn't finished and would at a minimum kick 40 but expect 50 goals for the year

Fas to win the goalkicking at Collingwood

Daniel Wells would make a major difference to forward 50 entries and straighten up our ball use with Mason Cox being the big recipient. ( wrong but got some traction at times and am rolling it out for 2018)

WalterBlaknWhte was lost to BF. Glad to be wrong on this.

Go on. There were a few more than that :thumbsu:
Mayne would be a tackling machine for us. Not even close.

We'd make the 8, I thought 6th maximum to 8th. Not close enough again.

I'm sure there is more.

I told mattys123 he was on drugs at the start of the year thinking Richmond would do anything this year :$

In terms of Collingwood Broomhead was to have a break out year in 2017..........talent only takes you so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back