Confirmed: Arsenal are indeed more tinpot than West Ham now

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Arsenal have embarrassed themselves over the last couple of days. They’ve acted worse than West Ham do when they beat us. All it does it expose where they are now at as a club
H2H Ars 82 yid 63.
Titles Ars 13 yid 2 (1961 black and white, Elvis was No.1)
Fa Cups Ars 13 ( the most) yid 8

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
H2H Ars 82 yid 63.
Titles Ars 13 yid 2 (1961 black and white, Elvis was No.1)
Fa Cups Ars 13 ( the most) yid 8
Highlighting your clear superiority in winning titles just proves how piss-poor you’ve all acted over the last few days and reinforces the tin pot accusation. Not your greatest post Wendy

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Arsenal have embarrassed themselves over the last couple of days. They’ve acted worse than West Ham do when they beat us. All it does it expose where they are now at as a club
Which is the exact point of this thread and why I made it like nearly two years ago

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's a bloody good question, probably Jacky boy but those bloody injuries, played some good games for England
Arsenal not really a representation of English football to be honest are they? I’d hate Spurs to become like that, might not bother you though being an Aussie. Probably why the majority of arsenal fans in England are from immigrant communities. Don’t hate on me for saying the truth

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Arsenal not really a representation of English football to be honest are they? I’d hate Spurs to become like that, might not bother you though being an Aussie. Probably why the majority of arsenal fans in England are from immigrant communities. Don’t hate on me for saying the truth
Gunners were once known as The Bank of England once upon a time but that all changed with Wenger and his French Revolution. Your boys probably started the wave of imports with Ardiles/ Villa who were fantastic for the league and spurs. He scored that classic Villa to win the cup.That woke a lot of clubs up to the possibilities.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gunners were once known as The Bank of England once upon a time but that all changed with Wenger and his French Revolution. Your boys probably started the wave of imports with Ardiles/ Villa who were fantastic for the league and spurs. He scored that classic Villa to win the cup.That woke a lot of clubs up to the possibilities.
Spurs were always seen as more flamboyant than Arsenal with a tendency to sign flair players while arsenal were seen as a sturdy and dependable club with a team built around a strong defence. It was Wenger who changed this philosophy and at the same time Spurs lost their ability to attract big names and thus suffered the consequences. There was a distinct difference between spurs and arsenal fans back then - one club attracted fans who liked unpredictability and flair while the other club attracted fans who liked sturdiness and dependability. The fanbase these days is divided to a large degree around racial lines, which is a shame.

I think the Klinnsmann signing in the mid-90’s is what really opened the door for the foreign invasion rather than the Ardiles/Villa one. Ironically, having in the main kickstarted that trend, our chairman at the time (Lord Sugar) vowed never to sign another foreigner after Klinnsmann bailed and the other foreign players brought in didn’t work out. It appeared we were going to replace Klinnsmann with Bergkamp (who was a big Spurs fan) but the chairman and the manager pulled the plug in the move and signed Chris Armstrong instead! I think that was a huge turning point in the two clubs futures over the next decade or so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Spurs were always seen as more flamboyant than Arsenal with a tendency to sign flair players while arsenal were seen as a sturdy and dependable club with a team built around a strong defence. It was Wenger who changed this philosophy and at the same time Spurs lost their ability to attract big names and thus suffered the consequences. There was a distinct difference between spurs and arsenal fans back then - one club attracted fans who liked unpredictability and flair while the other club attracted fans who liked sturdiness and dependability. The fanbase these days is divided to a large degree around racial lines, which is a shame.

I think the Klinnsmann signing in the mid-90’s is what really opened the door for the foreign invasion rather than the Ardiles/Villa one. Ironically, having in the main kickstarted that trend, our chairman at the time (Lord Sugar) vowed never to sign another foreigner after Klinnsmann bailed and the other foreign players brought in didn’t work out. It appeared we were going to replace Klinnsmann with Bergkamp (who was a big Spurs fan) but the chairman and the manager pulled the plug in the move and signed Chris Armstrong instead! I think that was a huge turning point in the two clubs futures over the next decade or so
Absolutely, boring boring Arsenal was the song, now Gooners sing it in jest. As for DB10 it didn't work out for him in Italy and Arsenal swooped. Wenger gets the credit but it was Bruce Ricoh who brought him in. As for spurs imports, give me VDV please, touch of magic that fella.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Absolutely, boring boring Arsenal was the song, now Gooners sing it in jest. As for DB10 it didn't work out for him in Italy and Arsenal swooped. Wenger gets the credit but it was Bruce Ricoh who brought him in. As for spurs imports, give me VDV please, touch of magic that fella.
It’s good for a change to engage with a goona on here who is actually aware of the history of both clubs. Props to you sir :handfist:

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
qer5Qi0l.jpg

Lel, they just can't help themselves eh

#rentfree

Cheers for the material burnt chook ;)

They even sign their players on Thursday's now.

Solid banter from Ozil haha.

LOL.

Signed a CM better than anyone they have in midfield. Costing more than their whole transfer budget.
Linked to GLC who's better than any midfielder they have.
Linked to Dybala.

Meanwhile they have a captain on strike.
Name the Swiss Bakayoko as captain during preseason.
With Koscielny on strike have utter s**t CB's yet they sign one just to loan him back to France (costing most of their budget).
Decide to be Real's feeder bitch and develop Ceballos.
Are being outbid by Everton for Zaha.

Back