News Confirmed: Joseph and Ellard Retained as 2nd Year Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy that AJ has stayed on. He really showed something at Bullants level this year. Surprised about Ellard being kept but he may get better this year, who knows.

Thanks "Big Sauce", Sammy Jacobs. Was great watching him do his work for the bullants. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Now that it has settled
I hope Ellard works his bum off over summer to deliver on the faith we have shown in him. He needs to work on his fitness, strength and skills as does most of our list. And he needs to fire up!
Get on the kid one and all. You just never know!

Delaying the inevitable keeping Ellard on the list. He's not up to it.

Joseph could be a suprise packet in the future i reckon.
In what way? Is it a size issue, fitness issue, skill issue..?

Must have been a slip up somewhere if the afl reported them as delisted. The rookie list was empty according to their list.

In what way? Is it a size issue, fitness issue, skill issue..?
I ask too?
He is small I give you that.
He is not the fastest in a straight line but he is nimble.
He can kick very well, can take a good mark and is pretty determined!
He handled the transition moving East well.
I think he can overcome his crosses because his ticks offer a lot.
Like Bower, Jamo, Grigg, Browne, Army etc I think Ellard just needs to be given a chance to show himself and everyone else he has what it takes. That self belief and confidence (not arrogance) is one of the most important lessons kiddies need to learn. Austin is a prime example. I think it is the only thing holding him back from being great at the Bullants to being good for the Blues.

I think he could fit the bill of the modern fwd well. He has bursting speed and agility. He is also pretty strong so can give a good chase and bring down the backs! Added to his kicking and I think he could be a good package

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy Joseph has been retained, but surprised Ellard was. I find it hard to see what role Ellard could have in our team. Shame about Jacobs, because he has improved a lot, but with Warnock, Hampson and Kruezer all ahead of him his chances were always slim. Hopefully he'll get picked up by some other Club. Our list management is entering a fine-tuning stage now. For every player on our list, we need to ask whether they have the potential to play in our 17th and 18th premiership teams. :)

just heard aaron has come back to training and the fitness coach is very pleased with the way he has come back rates him in teh top five and has called a meeting with ratten expect game time very soon,

surprised bout ellard has got to be his last chance

My understanding is that both Jacobs and Hill have the opportunity to be re-rookied. As far as I know they both have the opportunity to show their wares in the pre-season training. So assuming they earn it, eiter or both players could yet be rookies again.....

Thats what I was asking
If he is not up to scratch fine but "last chance" sounded like something I did not know about ie this is Fev's last chance to toe the line!

I thought Ellard has only played the one season. I saw him early last season in a senior match and didn't think he was too bad at all. Looks to me like he will be capable of playing a forward crumbing role and should put a bit of pressure on Eddie to keep his place in the team. Like any kid , he needs development time . I haven't seen Joseph so cant comment at all on him but it's a shame about Lachie Hill because now i have an autograph of a non player on my footy:mad::Doh well

I thought Ellard has only played the one season. I saw him early last season in a senior match and didn't think he was too bad at all. Looks to me like he will be capable of playing a forward crumbing role and should put a bit of pressure on Eddie to keep his place in the team. Like any kid , he needs development time .
Very good post there.:thumbsu: I've not seen too much of him, but as you pointed out, if he is good enough, he can put pressure on Betts's spot in the team. When he came into the side for his one and only match for the year, it was at about that time when we were talking about how he could be of some competition to Eddie's role. We are really starting to get some depth in the team.
I also agree with you on the one match he played for the year. While nothing exactly out of the ordinary, he didn't play too badly at all and at the end of the day I would have given him a pass mark considering it was his debut, you're not expected to set the world on fire in your debut match now aren't you?:rolleyes:
I haven't seen Joseph so cant comment at all on him but it's a shame about Lachie Hill because now i have an autograph of a non player on my footy:mad::Doh well
Like the looks of Joseph. Runs like a mule and gets plenty of the leather, and it sounds like it won't be long before he will get a game in the seniors. And as BR said, Hill may have the opportunity to be re-rookied so don't give up hope just yet about your signed football of a "non-AFL player".;)

you're not expected to set the world on fire in your debut match now aren't you?:rolleyes:
Not unless you're a first round draft selection I guess , or even top 1/2 dozen in particular.

[/quote]Like the looks of Joseph. Runs like a mule and gets plenty of the leather, and it sounds like it won't be long before he will get a game in the seniors. And as BR said, Hill may have the opportunity to be re-rookied so don't give up hope just yet about your signed football of a "non-AFL player".;)[/quote]
Hill was quiet pleasant to talk to at the time , as were all the others . Each year there is a bit of dissappointment about those that never made it. It's a shame but then we get new recruits and hope there is a new club champion among them.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back