Welcome CONFIRMED - Nathan Kreuger to join Geelong (pick 42 to Carlton)

foodles05

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Cox and Moore may be your funniest combination yet... Cox is absolutely a ruckman, probably even more than he is a forward, while Moore is a defender.

Really this is your assessment of Collingwood's playing style. Cox is 100% a forward who at best pinch hits in the ruck. Did you watch the finals or Collingwood at all this year. Grundy rucks for luck 90% of the game and I am amazed at how your managed to miss the ridiculous amounts of press after the Richmond game where Cox just dominated as a KF.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Really this is your assessment of Collingwood's playing style. Cox is 100% a forward who at best pinch hits in the ruck. Did you watch the finals or Collingwood at all this year. Grundy rucks for luck 90% of the game and I am amazed at how your managed to miss the ridiculous amounts of press after the Richmond game where Cox just dominated as a KF.
I enjoyed that performance, but it isn't representative of his career... he's very much been split between ruck and kpf - at least to this point in time.

Not sure Grundy would have rucked that much even in the Richmond game either...

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Reckon Kreuger could make his debut quite early in the season next year.

Depends what happens with Menzel if he stays & how his preseason goes.

But considering Ratugolea & Kreuger are both agile for their size and pretty quick I could definitely see a forward line of Hawkins, Ratugolea & Kreuger along with smalls.

God Mode

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2011
Mount Olympus
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bulls

But considering Ratugolea & Kreuger are both agile for their size and pretty quick I could definitely see a forward line of Hawkins, Ratugolea & Kreuger along with smalls.
The lovely GWS supporter who posted early in this thread had seen a lot of Freddy and said you could easily play him in a fwd line with 2 other talls because he moves like a small.

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
Did you watch the highlights? Dude moves like some kind of land shark. Transitions from aerial contests to ground work as fast as anyone and can drag smalls under to their demise.

Of course I look at highlights. But I have enough experience on this board to temper my expectations at this time of year.

Posters pointing out the failed picks from years gone by alert us to the fact that success is hard won.

I will be watching this lad closely in his first few (probably VFL) games. If I see the land shark in him I will be the first to acknowledge it.

God Mode

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2011
Mount Olympus
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bulls
Of course I look at highlights. But I have enough experience on this board to temper my expectations at this time of year.

Posters pointing out the failed picks from years gone by alert us to the fact that success is hard won.

I will be watching this lad closely in his first few (probably VFL) games. If I see the land shark in him I will be the first to acknowledge it.
Thats a fair call. Im certainly not assuming he's going to be a superstar. He looks promising for sure but still a very long way to go.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Everyone we have drafted over the last ten years (with the exception of father-sons) goes into the November Curve:

DAY BEFORE: Have never heard of him
DRAFT DAY: Based purely on height and weight, I have formed an instant opinion of our drafting
DAY AFTER DRAFT DAY: Some difficulty in working out if draftee is the second coming of Polly Farmer, Reg Hickey, or both Gary Abletts rolled into one

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

The one thing they can never show you on highlights packages is close to the most important of all.
How often does he get the ball.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

I didn't mean it qualitatively, just don't see the Kersten in him at all. Krueger welcomes contact based off of what we've seen.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

And menz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Id like to see how he performs PS before saying that... its not his talent its more his fitness I doubt

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
And menz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nah, one of Menzel or Kreuger the 3rd forward. I’d start the season with Hawkins / Ratugolea / Menzel & then it depends on how Menzel’s form is + if Kreuger is performing well in the VFL if we bring him in for Menz.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Id like to see how he performs PS before saying that... its not his talent its more his fitness I doubt

I don’t think his fitness will be much of an issue given he’s been in South Adelaide’s program for a while now and would’ve completed a fairly comprehensive preseason with the seniors last year.

Nah, one of Menzel or Kreuger the 3rd forward. I’d start the season with Hawkins / Ratugolea / Menzel & then it depends on how Menzel’s form is + if Kreuger is performing well in the VFL if we bring him in for Menz.
I'd be fine with Menzel starting the season at Newtown.

I'd be fine with Menzel starting the season at Newtown.
he's easily good enough to be in our best 22

for a portion of he sesson- can he or we make that portion large enough??

Back