Welcome CONFIRMED - Nathan Kreuger to join Geelong (pick 42 to Carlton)

His highlights ( ok...always read with a grain of salt) package convinced me.....if he develops on a normal curve my bet would be on him playing senior football very early next year.....and possibly sooner.

He's a win.....

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
Cross thread quote.

Wow, young Frederick Kreuger is enormous. I had pictured him a lot skinnier based on YouTube vision

I thought when I first saw him at training that he was nicely developed physically.

It won't be his physique that prevents him playing this year - just game craft. He has good skills but KPF is the hardest position on the pitch to play effectively. A lot to learn.

It would not surprise me (if we go in to the latter part of the season in a strong ladder position) to see him debut though.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
His highlights ( ok...always read with a grain of salt) package convinced me.....if he develops on a normal curve my bet would be on him playing senior football very early next year.....and possibly sooner.

He's a win.....

Its funny as I can remember mentioning him on a vid .. at least a year before ... and the way the talked about him on the Podcast ..it was his inconsistency that meant he wasn't ready.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=365443

32 minute mark Troy Selwood appears. 42 minute mark he talks up Kreuger as being his pick for the best from recent draftees.
Definitely one I'll watch closely in the VFL this year.
Yeah it was a great interview with Troy... And when he talked up Freddie, it was really surprised .. I was always interested in Freddie, but like what you said Doc going to keep more of a eye on him.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

He's a win.....
Bar him being a KP size ... he could at a stretch get a game this year. After the way they threw MOC in for his first game when he was aas green as Kermit.. ... its just you would have to play him as a flanker type . Logic says next year... unless we get a lot of injuries.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Bar him being a KP size ... he could at a stretch get a game this year. After the way they threw MOC in for his first game when he was aas green as Kermit.. ...
True, but that was in a game where we had four players with three games or fewer under their belt. We were seriously scraping that barrel. As you do point out, there isn't the space to be able to pick speculatively at the moment.

longtimecat

All Australian
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I watched Nathan in the preseason and I thought he looked Afl ready, but as a third tall forward not Key Forward. He has a great build and can kick a goal, I hope Troy is right and he becomes a regular at Geelong for years to come.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Glad to see Nathan doing well since getting picked up by you guys. He has a ton of talent, and the fact he wasnt drafted the year before was crazy. How far away from a game in the seniors is he?
If we had a spot ... we have played players that have shown less. But whos role does he take. They are playing him a fair bit back so that may be his entry into the side. The forwardline with Hawkins and Sav make its difficult as Sav plays the support ruck role.

I suspect his best chance is when Rohan and Hawking need a rest later in the year .. so if continues his form maybe we see him then. .. but Constable for example was named in emg several times last year and didn't get a game.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
He's looking like a very good selection atm... I don't mind if he does a year in the magoo's. If we rest Rohan, I guess then yeah why not bring him.

Still think we should give Buzza a run too, his form has been solid enough.

Maybe towards the end of the year, we can rest Hawkins, Rohan and SavRat all at once at a home game. Play the next gen forwards.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
If they gave him a home game l wouldn't like to see him play for Hawkins or Sav.
To much responsibility for a first up game if they did that imo.
Rohan replacement would be more appropriate he has the speed and agility to compensate his height, FP or HFF would be no issue for me.
If his form holds maybe sooner than later.

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
....and Constable?
Well, last word was the Charlie was working on some issues in the twos, and doing quite well.
But I guess you're talking about his non-appearance in the seniors side last year, despite being very close to selection?
In retrospect, it looks like we should have given both Constable and Miers at least a look-in last year.
But I guess that's what the post-season review and clean-out was all about.

Well, last word was the Charlie was working on some issues in the twos, and doing quite well.
But I guess you're talking about his non-appearance in the seniors side last year, despite being very close to selection?
In retrospect, it looks like we should have given both Constable and Miers at least a look-in last year.
But I guess that's what the post-season review and clean-out was all about.

Last year I won a Gryan Miers autographed jumper....at the time I thought it would probably never be worth anything. I mean....Gryan who??

Now....i might get it framed.....

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Nice mark in the vfl highlights ... he is really pressing his case ... if he could mark a couple like that at afl level I wonder if that would counter having an extra tall? Might be an interesting idea at some stage.. just dont wait too long once aug comes around they will want mainly a settled side.

I think he might be the victim of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" - at 11 : 1 and leading in points for it's a hard forwardline to break into.
Must be tempting though - with his height and agility he could be a tough match up.
I wonder how much pressure we would lose with him in and whether his attributes could offset that and make us better?
Agree with you - needs to be sooner rather than later if it's going to happen this year

Back