Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
You can't tag Kennedy though. He'll tag Hanners, cut our outside

His kicking this year was better than previous years. In all honesty any field we told him he was poor on he improved. First he was bad at tackling, now is a great tackle. Then kicking, improved on that. He will be a star for the Hawks no doubt about it
No way will hawks get him to tag, hes number 1 now

BigBertO

Debutant
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I think I have placed too much emphasis on performance in big games, must be why i rate Mitchell higher than other mids

Two factors i think, one being that 60+ disposal game in the NEAFL and the game against the hawks this year. In a lot of games he didnt do as much while seeming to rack easy disposals and fluffed a lot of his kicks. Too much ROK and not enough of the other Mitchell he replaces.

I was the same TBH, especially after the 60+ game.

He is a gun player, but his disposal by foot is suspect and could be masked most times being the 3rd of 4th mid. At the hawks he wont have that luxury.

BUT as you said he is young and plenty of upside. The hawks will most definitely fix this in the off season and if they get it right watch out.

Two factors i think, one being that 60+ disposal game in the NEAFL and the game against the hawks this year. In a lot of games he didnt do as much while seeming to rack easy disposals and fluffed a lot of his kicks. Too much ROK and not enough of the other Mitchell he replaces.

I was the same TBH, especially after the 60+ game.

He is a gun player, but his disposal by foot is suspect and could be masked most times being the 3rd of 4th mid. At the hawks he wont have that luxury.

BUT as you said he is young and plenty of upside. The hawks will most definitely fix this in the off season and if they get it right watch out.

4th best mid?

maybe during the year I can accept that, but when it counts in September he was easily number 2

26 touches 13 tackles 2 goals in the biggest game

Outstanding
The grand final was in October ;)

Heeney's finals series on a whole was awesome.

Titch was amazing in the GF, but over the finals series including all our finals, I would have him behind the 2 I mentioned.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
26 touches 13 tackles 2 goals in the biggest game

Outstanding

I'm wondering how the hell we are going to replace that next year... how long before Heeney moves into the middle full time?

I'm wondering how the hell we are going to replace that next year... how long before Heeney moves into the middle full time?
He was already in the midfield pretty much full time during the finals. So we need to find someone else

Heeney Rd 1 next year has to be in the middle full time.

Robinson/Hewett/Mills/Jones etc... Can't replace the quality of Titch.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Mitchells kicking issues are overrated considering his age and upside, He could carry a midfield.

I am slightly surprised when we prioritised signings over the years that a guy like say Kieran Jack got paid ahead of Mitchell.

Yep right now letting Mitchell go to keep pay Heeney and Mills and resign Kennedy, keep parker and hanners but I wouldnt go of let it get to that

just my view, not whinging.

I rate Mitchell very highly, but Jack's best years for us were *incredibly* good, and even this year wasn't terrible by any measure. I don't understand how his name's become a by-word for mediocrity.

I rate Mitchell very highly, but Jack's best years for us were *incredibly* good, and even this year wasn't terrible by any measure. I don't understand how his name's become a by-word for mediocrity.

Its not

But he is not elite imo

BigBertO

Debutant
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

I think the year Jack was struggling with injury changed peoples perception a bit as he was quiet in a lot of games. Think it was '13 or '14? At his best he is very good.

Side note - been watching old NRL origin games that featured Gary and at times it was like watching Kieren.

I think the year Jack was struggling with injury changed peoples perception a bit as he was quiet in a lot of games. Think it was '13 or '14? At his best he is very good.

Side note - been watching old NRL origin games that featured Gary and at times it was like watching Kieren.
The year he played through those broken ribs really solidified in my mind how incredibly good he really was. He still performed well enough not to be dropped. He often does a lot of off the ball stuff, tackles like a beast, has a good side step & is bloody courageous. Physically & mentally. I really respect Kizza. A deserving captain.

The year he played through those broken ribs really solidified in my mind how incredibly good he really was. He still performed well enough not to be dropped. He often does a lot of off the ball stuff, tackles like a beast, has a good side step & is bloody courageous. Physically & mentally. I really respect Kizza. A deserving captain.

No doubt all true

Nothing to do with being elite

BigBertO

Debutant
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Cant agree more. I love his underrated side step.

No doubt all true

Nothing to do with being elite
Depends on what you rate to say they're elite I reckon mate. But I do agree, based on the traditional/most common parameters his consistency & length of output isn't @ JPK or Fyfe levels.

If you are talking lifting the side when it needs & being a leader. I reckon Kizza is elite.

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
LOL in the Mitchell thread on the Hawks board they're talking him up as a future brownlow medallist. Someone likened him in style to Lenny Hayes or Dane Swan, they may be disappointed when I pointed out that Matt Priddis is probably the closest comparison*

*yes I know he's a good player and won a brownlow

Back