Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess exactly the same way you paid Buddy a million while other Hawks took "unders" and then upped his offer to $1.2m back in 2013 while you were firmly in the window.

In the history of the club no-one has been paid more than about $800k a year. Some of the numbers that get thrown around are comical. We had a LOT of players on very similar money. None of them were getting a lot more than anyone else.

As for our offer for Buddy, it was a bit over $1m but nowhere near what Sydney offered. Him going meant that we retained a heap of our younger stars. Him joining Sydney has seen you lose stars.

Tom Mitchell had a great first 2 years and was picked as a must keep, and managed to negotiate a very big increase in pay which Horse ended up hating. At the end of his contract Horse told him the next offer was going to be a massive pay cut but claimed that he was still a required player. The offer was under $300k a year - so I guess that means he would have even qualified for COLA.

Hawthorn offered him very nice money (but again nothing like the money which has been said in earlier posts) and he was very happy to go.

And we love having him. By far our most consistent player and until last Friday the only one holding our midfield together.

Has anyone actually looked at the shithouse 22 hawthorn had friday?

But hang on.
Didn't you guys already establish when we were 0 & 6 & last on the ladder & needed a coaching change that we were worse than Hawthorn by comparison?

The sudden shock is surprising mate! You've been telling us how bad we are. We just saw on Friday night what you've been saying.

But hang on.
Didn't you guys already establish when we were 0 & 6 & last on the ladder & needed a coaching change that we were worse than Hawthorn by comparison?

The sudden shock is surprising mate! You've been telling us how bad we are. We just saw on Friday night what you've been saying.

Find the post where I said at 0-6 sydney were a bad side.

Not to mention we made a mistake sending Tom off & keeping Parker.
So that makes the Hawks better than us. We lost. We're no good! We'll wait until we start dropping games by 100 points as Freo did by about round 13 & then & only then will the club seriously consider sacking Horse & replacing him with an interim coach for the remaining rounds.

That'll be fun reading on here!

Not to mention we made a mistake sending Tom off & keeping Parker.
So that makes the Hawks better than us. We lost. We're no good! We'll wait until we start dropping games by 100 points as Freo did by about round 13 & then & only then will the club seriously consider sacking Horse & replacing him with an interim coach for the remaining rounds.

That'll be fun reading on here!

You are an entertaining man old teddy Ill give ya that!

I trod in dog s**t on a run on saturday, geez i was pissed off

wish you were there, because you would of put a spin on it for me :p

Not a post but the general gist.

I thought we were a bad side because we couldn't beat Collingwood or Carlton so nothing surprised me the other night.
Disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No!

Well You did predict the hawks win from memory.

I am not surprised we lost no, my expectations are low, But are we still allowed to discuss it?

This list is under performing in my opinion, If i read right you see it as a 3 and 6 list so on track?

You are an entertaining man old teddy Ill give ya that!

I trod in dog s**t on a run on saturday, geez i was pissed off

wish you were there, because you would of put a spin on it for me :p

Not the worst thing you could have done.
You could have broken your arm jumping over a chain!

Well You did predict the hawks win from memory.

I am not surprised we lost no, my expectations are low, But are we still allowed to discuss it?

This list is under performing in my opinion, If i read right you see it as a 3 and 6 list so on track?

Here's the thing mate!
We beat North...............always do! It made no sense this year because they smacked Adelaide the week prior.
We beat St Kilda..............always do! It make no sense because it was coming off a 6 day break with back to back interstate trips to Melbourne at Etihad where they don't lose often.

We always lose to the Hawks. As Horse says, you need to find a way. Against the Hawks, we find a way alright. We find a way to lose. Keepings off is not our go. We can't handle it because we get the ball 100 time less than normal. Carlton did it to us. Last year when the Tigers beat us, they kept the ball off us.

So when we play the Hawks, Tigers, Carlton & Bulldogs from now on, back them to win, especially when we go in as favourites because you'll get a blow out in odds. $7 for the hawks to beat us under 39 points. It's too easy mate. Sure we'll get them occasionally, but it's the Hawk system & coaches that worked alongside Clarko that have mastered it but they need skillfull players that can hit a target or we'll swallow them up.

Watch us this week against the Dogs. I won't touch it because the odds will be crap & no where near worth it.

Here's the thing mate!
We beat North...............always do! It made no sense this year because they smacked Adelaide the week prior.
We beat St Kilda..............always do! It make no sense because it was coming off a 6 day break with back to back interstate trips to Melbourne at Etihad where they don't lose often.

We always lose to the Hawks. As Horse says, you need to find a way. Against the Hawks, we find a way alright. We find a way to lose. Keepings off is not our go. We can't handle it because we get the ball 100 time less than normal. Carlton did it to us. Last year when the Tigers beat us, they kept the ball off us.

So when we play the Hawks, Tigers, Carlton & Bulldogs from now on, back them to win, especially when we go in as favourites because you'll get a blow out in odds. $7 for the hawks to beat us under 39 points. It's too easy mate. Sure we'll get them occasionally, but it's the Hawk system & coaches that worked alongside Clarko that have mastered it but they need skillfull players that can hit a target or we'll swallow them up.

Watch us this week against the Dogs. I won't touch it because the odds will be crap & no where near worth it.

So sack horse then?

You conceded we cant beat half the comp with their style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the history of the club no-one has been paid more than about $800k a year. Some of the numbers that get thrown around are comical. We had a LOT of players on very similar money. None of them were getting a lot more than anyone else.

As for our offer for Buddy, it was a bit over $1m but nowhere near what Sydney offered. Him going meant that we retained a heap of our younger stars. Him joining Sydney has seen you lose stars.

Tom Mitchell had a great first 2 years and was picked as a must keep, and managed to negotiate a very big increase in pay which Horse ended up hating. At the end of his contract Horse told him the next offer was going to be a massive pay cut but claimed that he was still a required player. The offer was under $300k a year - so I guess that means he would have even qualified for COLA.

Hawthorn offered him very nice money (but again nothing like the money which has been said in earlier posts) and he was very happy to go.

And we love having him. By far our most consistent player and until last Friday the only one holding our midfield together.

Bugger off we offerred under $300,000 a year, you would not possibly know.

Tom came home for family reasons. He did the right thing. Money wasn't the deciding factor unless it was obscene money which we weren't ever going to pay.

I don't blame Tom for leaving nor the club for letting him go.

Essentially the trade became Tom Mitchell for Florent & Hayward.

Looks good to me.

No it didn't

Pick 14. Pick 17 with Academy picks

Florent. Pick 9. Pick 11 with academy picks
Hayward. Pick 17.. Pick 21 with academy picks

That's pretty good going trading turning pick 14 into pick 9 and 17 :)

No it didn't

Actually we turned picks 14, 17, 31 into picks 9 and 19.

9 then became 11 in tbe order and 19 became 21.

Draft does my head in :p

No it didn't

I simplified the process by saying in the end it was Mitchell for Florent & Hayward because the pick we got for Mitchell became those two picks.

I knew it wasn't a direct swap.

I simplified the process by saying in the end it was Mitchell for Florent & Hayward because the pick we got for Mitchell became those two picks.

I knew it wasn't a direct swap.

Pick 14 did not get u 9 and 17

U can't upgrade 14 to 9 and get 17 thrown in for that privilege.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back