Certified Legendary Thread CONFIRMED: Welcome to Hawthorn, Shaun Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't miss many does he.

I wonder if we could have afforded him if he didn't have a bung knee.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

77 consecutive games and counting.

Amongst current players, Burgoyne is equal sixth for the longest streak. North Melbourne's Sam Gibson has played 103 consecutive games to lead all-comers, followed by Adelaide's Sam Jacobs and Nathan Jones (93 games), Sydney's Dean Rampe (89 games), Carlton's Zach Tuohy (86 games). Burgoyne is level with Brandon Ellis and Eddie Betts.

The next Hawk on that ladder is Isaac Smith (37 consecutive games).

Since Burgoyne joined the club, Hawthorn has played 167 games (including finals). This means that Burgoyne has missed just 11 games and most of those were in his first season when his debut was delayed thanks to a broken jaw in the VFL courtesy of a head clash with Jarrad (Max) Rooke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, did we still pay overs for Silk????

Must be one of the great all time finals players, his game on Friday night makes me think he has more than one year left.

Pft, missed a shot on Goal on Friday. So much for being a matchwinner.

(Must have had a touch of the flu or a broken leg or something for a miss)

One of only three players to have played 150 games with two clubs, the others being Marcus Ashcroft and Bernie Quinlan (not sure Ashcroft should count either).

Fair effort.
Overated, his solitary All Australian guernsey is a better reflection of his contribution to the game. I want Mark Williams back.

Overated, his solitary All Australian guernsey is a better reflection of his contribution to the game. I want Mark Williams back.

Burgoyne has hardly won any individual awards, he's just not good enough.

All he'll retire with are his premiership medals.

FOUR OF THEM!

Burgoyne has hardly won any individual awards, he's just not good enough.

All he'll retire with are his premiership medals.

FOUR OF THEM!
But everyone knows it was his team mates that carried him to those premierships

Remove this Banner Ad

Back