Confirmed: Will Sierakowski (Hawks) off to Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Will Sierakowski (Hawks) off to Arden St

A win-win trade I reckon. Hawks were probably happy to get anything for him and North gave up a pick they probably wouldn't have used anyway to pick up a kid who has the two things we need most:
1) Can play across half back
2) Can kick!

Agreed.

Good for the kid to get another opprtunity.

Win - win - win !

He was promoted to Hawks senior list this year - sounds like an unknown quantity even to Hawk fans. Time will tell

I think it's a good trade. He's a NSW Scholarship player and the Hawks couldn't really afford to give him time.

Hawthorn's back flank is a strength for them, for us it's a major deficiency.

I think it's a good trade. He's a NSW Scholarship player and the Hawks couldn't really afford to give him time.

Hawthorn's back flank is a strength for them, for us it's a major deficiency.

Yes, exactly. He may not make it but is certainly better than delist material.

HBF is the hardest spot to get in the Hawthorn side (along with inside mid).

Re: Done - Will Sierakowski to North for Pick 58 - Twitter

Pretty sure it was Will's uncle. His dad played for the Saints too, I think.

Played in their only premiership side.

Brian Sierakowski - 1966 StK Premiership player
David Sierakowski - StK and WCE player - Son of Brian
Will Sierakowski - Haw/NM player - Nephew of Brian, Cousin of David

:)

He was promoted to Hawks senior list this year - sounds like an unknown quantity even to Hawk fans. Time will tell

Mid-size defender, was emergency several times this year. Our senior list is crowded with no obvious retirements plus Bruest, Sierakowski and maybe Johnson looking for upgrades from the rookie list.

So there was not room at Hawthorn but he is not a total spud. Kangas need some guys in defence who can hit a target. I thought Ladson would suit you well but Sierakowski is younger, so you took him.

Pick 58 is not much in this draft, but we need it after the Gunston deal, so it should be a good deal.

I think we were only going to use our first two picks and elevate rookies with the rest so it has no real cost impact for us other than a list spot.

Donald McDonald is an absolute knob. Was on radio approx. 2 hours ago saying that North Melb were definitely not going to be involved in any trades this week. What a w***er!

No he didn't. I like the look of this trade, Hawks and North dealing with each other quite alot recently and as of late it's been win/win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back