All Australian
Suspended
Jul 3, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
All Football teams
Scene: Lazy Saturday afternoon, Granada Hotel. Vibe very laid back in that "nothing" time of the year - just horse racing in the background.

Prominent Southern based TSL players in the bar having a casual ale or two.

In walks Martin Duffy, the Mr "In the know" of football in Southern Tasmania. Self professed footy nut.

Spots players, "G'day Cas, Jaye, Coxy". A friendly nod from the young lads is the reply. "G'day Duff"

Cassidy turns away as if to avoid a situation for he knows Duff's intentions. Duffy pauses, looks around for a spot in amoungst the bar to buy a beer and then heads in Cas direction. An opportunity awaits. Cassidy knows he is f.....d at this point.

Duffy buys beer Cas is cornered. If he wanders off its all too obvious....... Duffy pounces.

Duffy: "So Cas, forget the small chat & I will be posting this on big footy, now mate are you playing for Hobart or another club next year".

CAS: Mate, OK, I did have a chat with a few other clubs, but I never wanted to leave Hobart and what's happend is they have given me a coaching role and I am staying.

Duffy: Thanks Cas. That's good mate.

Cassidy is happy, its all off his chest. Duff clinches another story. The rest is history.

Scene: Lazy Saturday afternoon, Granada Hotel. Vibe very laid back in that "nothing" time of the year - just horse racing in the background.

In walks Martin Duffy, the Mr "In the know" of football in Southern Tasmania. Self professed footy nut.

Spots players, "G'day Cas, Jaye, Coxy". A friendly nod from the young lads is the reply. "G'day Duff"

Cassidy turns away as if to avoid a situation for he knows Duff's intentions. Duffy pauses, looks around for a spot in amoungst the bar to buy a beer and then heads in Cas direction. An opportunity awaits. Cassidy knows he is f.....d at this point.

Duffy buys beer Cas is cornered. If he wanders off its all too obvious....... Duffy pounces.

Duffy: "So Cas, forget the small chat & I will be posting this on big footy, now mate are you playing for Hobart or another club next year".

CAS: Mate, OK, I did have a chat with a few other clubs, but I never wanted to leave Hobart and what's happend is they have given me a coaching role and I am staying.

Cassidy is happy, its all off his chest. Duff clinches another story. The rest is history.

So this needed a new thread? Attention whore Duff clinches another story.

Cassidy was contracted for 2 years anyway so he wouldn't have been going anywhere, maybe the real story is about 2 clubs whom offered him money without gaining permission, what are AFL Tas gonna do about that or are red and white, black and white allowed to do as they please:eek: Cassidy apparently got the U/15's job he has been after for a couple of years now!

Poor Cassidy, could not think of anything worse than running into Mr "In the know of football" having a quiet beer. Glad you seeked him out and found the answer that everyone has been sitting on there edge of there seats waiting for. The Craig Hutchison of Tasmanian Football delivers yet again.

Scene: Busy sunday afternoon, Bellerive quay 'Lost Sock'. Vibe very stressful trying to clean the jocks.

Prominent Southern based TSL players cleaning footy socks.

In walks Benny, the Mr "I know more than Duff" in all of Tasmanian football.

Spots players, "G'day Thurls, Blighty, Swany". A friendly nod from the young lads is the reply. "G'day Benny how ya doing cock"

Blighty turns away as if to avoid a situation for he knows Benny's intentions. Benny pauses, looks around for a spot in amongst the 'Lost Sock' to find a spare washing machine and then heads in Blight's direction. An opportunity awaits. Blight knows he is f.....d at this point.
Benny washes socks and jocks next to Blight. Blight concerned. If he wanders off its all too obvious....... Benny pounces.

Ben: "So Blighty, forget the small chat & I will be posting this on big footy, now mate are you playing on next year or retiring".

Blight: "Mate, OK, I have thought long and hard about my decison, discussed it with the wife and kids and too be honest my heart is not in it and i have hung up the boots and this is the last time i will be washing my footy shorts in the 'Lost Sock'. Ending on a high.

Benny: "Thanks old chap, appreciate getting the scoop.

Blight is happy, its all off his chest. Benny clinches yet another story. The rest is history.

Yeah he's training with Hobart.
Wanted a coaching position (hence why people thought he was leaving), so was offered a paid position as Hobart's forward coach this coming year..
Dale Hall (ex-Hobart, Glenorchy, Sydney Swans etc forward from the 1990's) let it be known that he was interested in the position during the season but for some reason (probably another lack of communication :rolleyes:) nothing eventuated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back