Roast Congrats AFL You Win

Remove this Banner Ad

im the same,have switched the game off more times this season than i care to recall ,when theres a BS 50 called and it results in a goal
off it goes no matter whos playing,its complete tripe , a waste of my valuable time & the epitome of amatuerism when umpires manipulate the result of games & influence tempo swings etc...nobody wants them in the picture,its not theyre game,ppl should black ban this rubbish currently being served up
and boycott the AFL,i have,they need to be put back in theyre place,nobody pays money to go and watch the AFL,they pay to watch theyre team play

I will still watch and go for the Shai Bolton goals, the Cotchin chase and harassment of Smith resulting in the Balta pick up, run, bounce and magnificent kick to Lynch’s advantage and his clever finish.
Dimma said early in 2017 that what was important was what we could do well and celebrate that.
There will be great passages of play in all games and there will be some awful decisions in all games.
That said, the stand rule is NOT a sporting rule at all and must go!

It’s match fixing by head office anyone that doesn’t see that is blind, contrived results=match fixing, can anyone imagine the uproar if this was done in India, Pakistan et al.
creating a rule that is arbitrary to result in a score is match fixing

That said, the stand rule is NOT a sporting rule at all and must go!
This is what annoys me the most. You have a bloke standing there taken out of the contest, looking at the umpire to see if they've been given permission to join the play. It's why I've always thought netball is stupid because of that rule where the infringing player has to stand next to the player with the ball like a naughty school kid. It's the antithesis of what sport is about, the ability to participate in the contest and compete.

This is what annoys me the most. You have a bloke standing there taken out of the contest, looking at the umpire to see if they've been given permission to join the play. It's why I've always thought netball is stupid because of that rule where the infringing player has to stand next to the player with the ball like a naughty school kid. It's the antithesis of what sport is about, the ability to participate in the contest and compete.
Haha... yeah, my daughter only played netball for 2 seasons thank god. Painful to watch! I never watch the pro level, but the umpiring of juniors was comical (admittedly no doubt difficult though).
You're right... The stand rule is a good comparison for the 'naughty player' in netball. The AFL surely is going to see how farcical it is over this season. At least they've got to make it clear immediately with players backing up off the mark, how long to 'stand' called. Some are calling stand immediately, some wait a few seconds at least. Feigning a handball is play on or not. Some umpires are calling it, some not.

We as umpires can decide the outcome of a game……what is that called?

Yeah.. you have missed where I was coming from. I agree with you completely. Each year they have stepped up their efforts to increase the scoring as it wasn't working. Now the umpires have rules they can now work with to ensure the goals happen. It's frustrating as hell. Imagine how the players are feeling. I still like watching oppo games though, and watch quarters or halves of most games, but shake my head at what's going on.

That's my wonder, like at U18's level too. I never reached such dizzy heights, but would have hated to play under the restricted zone and stand rules. The 666 (devil's number -ironic much Mr SHocking?) rule doesn't bother me so much because that's how it was recognised we used to set up after every goal anyway in my day, and not so much olden days but through to say 2000's. As a backman I would have missed a decent arm chop ;)

Cornes reckons hangers are the next - pack marks banned.

And he is right jack gets pinned all the time going for a speccy

Some 'unrealistic' attempts are getting pinged very early now, even if they touch the ball - let's face, every hanger (excpet the most obvious of blocks) is an unrealistic attempt - that is what makes then so special when they come off - honestly SHocking's involvement was the worst thing to every happen to football (in my humble opinion). Need fresh air at the top - as good as Gil was for the most part, his time has to pass and we get back to some footy sensibility again. He is all about the looks of things!

Some 'unrealistic' attempts are getting pinged very early now, even if they touch the ball - let's face, every hanger (excpet the most obvious of blocks) is an unrealistic attempt - that is what makes then so special when they come off - honestly SHocking's involvement was the worst thing to every happen to football (in my humble opinion). Need fresh air at the top - as good as Gil was for the most part, his time has to pass and we get back to some footy sensibility again. He is all about the looks of things!

Afl don't want knees to the head so the high mark will go eventually.

Jack getting screwed heaps atm.

Dwayne Russell can't see it cause he's a knob

Remove this Banner Ad

Back