Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t help but keep being impressed by this guy.
I understand he hasn’t shown much as yet, and it’s still very early with plenty of challenges to come, especially when we become the hunted, but I haven’t been so comfortable with our coach since one David Parkin.
There is something that this guy possesses that tells me, long term AFL coach!!! Hope I’m right.

So, out of pure curiosity, I put my dad to work last night and got him to piece together a "Teague Ladder"; that is, a ladder with all the results since Teague took the reins of this great club. While it kind of surprised me that we still weren't in the eight, we're certainly not far out. Here's what dad came up with:

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 8.35.56 PM.png

Now obviously not every team's percentage is available there, but the percentages for the teams that are all on eight wins are, and that's the most important thing for determining where we sit. We're certainly heading in the right direction (only 2 games and percentage behind third) and hopefully, in a couple of weeks, we can not only creep into the eight of the Teague Ladder but also the 2020 Ladder as well.

Wow, total coaching masterclass from Teague tonight, really took Bevo to School (and gave him detention)

I hope we can maintain this type of aggressive and attacking style of footy under Teague, if I wasn't already impressed enough with the guy, I am even more pleased with how he managed to tinker the game plan and got the players fired up after the Saints loss.

There will still be frustrating/disappointing losses along the way, but he is our guy..

Been a long while since we have been in the 8 at this stage of the season !

#TeamTeague

images

Does David have a more astute footy brain than I give him credit for? He comes across so unassuming and almost too green but the proof is in the pudding and his results are impressing me.

Really makes me dislike Bolton when you compare what they have been able to achieve with similar lists!

Does David have a more astute footy brain than I give him credit for? He comes across so unassuming and almost too green but the proof is in the pudding and his results are impressing me.

Really makes me dislike Bolton when you compare what they have been able to achieve with similar lists!

Not similar lists, not by a long way. A fitter and or injury free Gov, Gibbons, Doc, Willo

Adding Pittonet, Martin, Newnes

Playing senior players in pivotal roles

Credit to Teague, has opened up the attacking flair we all wanted

But this group was always going to rise

Not similar lists, not by a long way. A fitter and or injury free Gov, Gibbons, Doc, Willo

Have to agree. I just can't find it in me to put too much acid on Bolts. And I cringe everytime a commentator brings it up and compares how poor our results were under Bolts.

Fair enough the results are what they are, and I love, love how we're playing, but a bit of context goes a long way.

Have to agree. I just can't find it in me to put too much acid on Bolts. And I cringe everytime a commentator brings it up and compares how poor our results were under Bolts.

Fair enough the results are what they are, and I love, love how we're playing, but a bit of context goes a long way.
Bolts did a lot for culture and imparting football tactics and knowledge maybe a bit to much for a young list
I feel that his tenure was valuable for many players and a type of team resilience

Bolts did a lot for culture and imparting football tactics and knowledge maybe a bit to much for a young list
I feel that his tenure was valuable for many players and a type of team resilience
I agree. I honestly do not think Bolts was ever a mistake. He played an important part, even if he's not the one to take us further on now.

what a pointless, mean spirited and unnecessary comment...........some people can't compliment without feeling the need to insult.......you have no idea the long term effect bolts has had on this group.........

I agree. I honestly do not think Bolts was ever a mistake. He played an important part, even if he's not the one to take us further on now.
no-one will be happier for us tonight - and a bit sad too I imagine...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not under Bolts. I am sorry, this team was not rising via Bolts.
Coaches matter.

For the first time this century we actually have a competent man in charge at the same time the list itself also does not suck.

In Teague I believe. He is a huge factor for our new rise.

Not under Bolts. I am sorry, this team was not rising via Bolts.
Coaches matter.

For the first time this century we actually have a competent man in charge at the same time the list itself also does not suck.

In Teague I believe. He is a huge factor for our new rise.

Sorry it's always about the list. While we all wanted Bolton to add more attack flair and play a few more senior players in pivotal roles, Teague has gone the complete other way. The balance is somewhere in between for sustained success

Just think what Clarkson is doing now, compare to when he had a team full of stars, huge difference isn't it

A coach is merely a conductor, talent in front of him/her will always make things hum

No it isn’t just the list.

A poor conductor has real consequence, and it was plainly obvious that the previous conductor was a major limiter. And the one before him as well.

And before anyone think otherwise, of course the list matters hugely, but without a competent conductor a good list will still fail.

For the first time since Parko I feel we actually have a good coach in charge.

No it isn’t just the list.

A poor conductor has real consequence, and it was plainly obvious that the previous conductor was a major limiter. And the one before him as well.

And before anyone think otherwise, of course the list matters hugely, but without a competent conductor a good list will still fail.

For the first time since Parko I feel we actually have a good coach in charge.

Okay, if that is the case, why has Clarko gone from a supposedly GOAT coach to a "mid table, looking like he will miss finals 3 of the last 4 years" coach?

Okay, if that is the case, why has Clarko gone from a supposedly GOAT coach to a "mid table, looking like he will miss finals 3 of the last 4 years" coach?

His list is absolute garbage, yet they are not bottom of the table.

Coaching matters, just as leadership matters.

Having Doc back is immense. Its also why I still strongly favour Walsh over his draft peers.

For the first time in twenty years we are not headless chooks, from the coaches box to the current captains to the next generation of leadership.

Lastly, we can never quantify this argument, so let’s agree to disagree. Just be happy that we finally look a competent football team for the first time this century.

BTW, given that you mentioned Parko, he rated areas/people in this way

1 Recruters/List Managers
2 Fitness
3 Development
4 Coaches

Parko is as humble as the come, and his era is nothing like this era.

His list is absolute garbage, yet they are not bottom of the table.

Coaching matters, just as leadership matters.

Having Doc back is immense. Its also why I still strongly favour Walsh over his draft peers.

For the first time in twenty years we are not headless chooks, from the coaches box to the current captains to the next generation of leadership.

Lastly, we can never quantify this argument, so let’s agree to disagree. Just be happy that we finally look a competent football team for the first time this century.

The last 20 years we have never amassed this much young talent to come through together

Me be happy? Mate, I have been spruiking this rebuild for a while, while many of you were complaining at the lack of progress and development

something something something ..."standing on the shoulders of giants short people "

Remove this Banner Ad

Back