Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Congrats on 300 games Murph!

Marc Murphy will join elite company this weekend, as he prepares to pull on the Navy Blue for the 300th time.

The 34-year-old’s impending triple ton will see him become just the sixth Blue to achieve the milestone, joining Carlton greats John Nicholls, Bruce Doull, Craig Bradley, Stephen Silvagni and Kade Simpson in the esteemed 300 club.

Alternate text

CFC2-512-Murph300-16x9.jpg

The only people making a big negative deal about Murph's 300th are posting on here. Ultimately he hasn't had the opportunity to play in a team that batted deep enough to push for ultimate success - and that is on the Club's well-documented nuffery as far as list management, player development and coaching goes pretty much throughout his tenure at the Club.

All the best to Marc and his family and well done for having the fortitude to play in such a disappointing Club for your whole career.

Congratulations to Marc, He has been a great servant of the club and he thoroughly deserves the honour.
Nup. The most important issue here is supporters using his last 30 games to denigrate and dismiss his entire career.

Congratulations to Murph, would happily see him playing on-ball this week. Hope he can throw all concerns out the window, play hard and go out with a bang! Will bring a tear to my eye if he chucks a boo-na-na-na on his right boot and slots a GOTY contender for the game winner.

Nup. The most important issue here is supporters using his last 30 games to denigrate and dismiss his entire career.

Hopefully, those who are in such a negative mindset about this have the decency to now keep it to themselves, this is now a celebratory thread, not one to question and ridicule one of our own.

Thank goodness this kind of garbage isn't prevalent amongst Carlton supporters outside of places like this.

Congrats on 300 games Murph :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Club Captain 2013 - 2018
  • AFL Rising Star Nominee - Round 1, 2006
  • Carlton Best First-Year Player 2006
  • AFLPA Best First Year Player 2006
  • John Nicholls Medalist 2011, 2017
  • John Nicholls Medal runner-up - 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015
  • All Australian 2011
  • AFLCA Champion Player of the Year 2011
  • Inner Blue Ruthless Award 2014

#Murph300

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on 300 games Murph :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Club Captain 2013 - 2018
  • AFL Rising Star Nominee - Round 1, 2006
  • Carlton Best First-Year Player 2006
  • AFLPA Best First Year Player 2006
  • John Nicholls Medalist 2011, 2017
  • John Nicholls Medal runner-up - 2008, 2009, 2014, 2015
  • All Australian 2011
  • AFLCA Champion Player of the Year 2011
  • Inner Blue Ruthless Award 2014
When you lay all those achievements out like that, he really was a seriously talented player. He deserved more and I respect him sticking fat to the club for little financial and on-field gain. A true champion.

Hopefully, those who are in such a negative mindset about this have the decency to now keep it to themselves, this is now a celebratory thread, not one to question and ridicule one of our own.

Thank goodness this kind of garbage isn't prevalent amongst Carlton supporters outside of places like this.

Have you checked Twitter lately.

Have you checked Twitter lately.

The only times I read anything from Twitter is when people post it here. I have an account only to be able to read things every now and then.

I meant online sites generally and no I certainly haven't. Most of the people I speak to offline are of a very different mindset.

Limping to the line but least he has got there.
Playing 150 games is a great achievement.
300 games is beyond 99% of footballers.
Well done Murphy and sorry we could not win a flag in your time here.
Being a one club player is not easy this century but you stuck fat even when so many times have been very thin to play here.
Hopefully a win to go out on.
You got us over the line in last round of 2013 v Port to make finals.
Be nice if we could repay the favour in your last game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back