Toast Congrats Patrick Cripps - Winner 2019 MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

So the legend grows.

The day baby cripps came into this world carlton lost its final practice match.

The club knew of the birth, dirty that they lost, knowing of the young padawan future greatness, went on to produce one of the best, no the best season ever.

Dropping only 2 games, calculated in doing so by funding the end of season trip, they ended up showing the young padawan that this club, the mighty navy blues, were a force to be reckoned with.

His future was set.

He would grow to a master, a captain, a leader of men.

He would return this club to greatness.

Thank you 1995.

Crippa you’re a ******* legend.

Still remember him being mowed down streaming into 50 by Jay Kennedy-Harris in his first game, and some nuffie on CSC commenting he was ‘slower than the Queen Mary’ and we’d ‘wasted another first round draft pick’.

Knew he’d be a gun from his first highlights package, when he was winning clearances at will, shooting out 30 metre handballs and crashing his way through midfielders 10cm shorter than him. Was always an absolute ball magnet with huge upside given his height and preternatural ability at stoppages.

Paved the way for guys like Oliver, LDU and Setterfield to be taken at the top end of the draft.

Just reward for Cripps, who was a ray of light in a dismal era for the club. Hopefully his patience and commitment is validated in the coming seasons, as we hopefully make a finals push after a few years in the wilderness.

Last edited:
Outstanding!

I love that fans of the clubs who didn’t pick Patrick Cripps in the draft (#13. Really?) will forever have that anguish in the same way that Mike Trout was allowed to slip to #25 overall in his draft. One-club legends!
It was only 3 or 4 years ago I was having a robust debate with some Saints fans on the Main Board who were adamant that both Acres & Dunstan would be better players than Cripps. The delusion has always been large among Saints fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember seeing him play live for the first time at Princes Park in a reserves practice match where he dragged the side back from about 30 points down with 10 3rd quarter possessions and 2 goals. He kept willing himself to contests despite his lack of fitness and excess puppy fat. Thought we have got one here.

Pretty sure he played the demons the next week and struggled.

I think as our core group improves, along with our wins, Cripps will kick more goals

If he can start nailing those set shots from 30 - 45 out, kicking 20-30 goals a season, he will elevate himself to a whole new level
By the end of the season he seemed to be struggling to get off the ground to take contested marks. With a rest he should start taking more marks again (only took 1 contested mark in the last 8 rounds)

Would like to see him work on his kicking penetration. The ball seems to spin too much and goes too high. With his levers he should be able to kick it further.

Remember seeing him play live for the first time at Princes Park in a reserves practice match where he dragged the side back from about 30 points down with 10 3rd quarter possessions and 2 goals. He kept willing himself to contests despite his lack of fitness and excess puppy fat. Thought we have got one here.

Pretty sure he played the demons the next week and struggled.
I remember that game. Crippa looked absolutely shot late in the 3rd quarter & I really didn't think we would see him after 3 quarter time, but Crippa being Crippa there was no way he was pulling the pin.

Acknowledgement from peers is highly prized, Skippa. Congratulations. Probably fall a bit short but, bring on Charlie to bookend.

:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

EDraBhpUEAAN531

Remove this Banner Ad

Back