Congrats Port Adelaide 2020 McClelland Trophy Winners!

Remove this Banner Ad

congrats port.

the mclelland should be more valued than it is.

everyone who played a game for the club should get a medal and there should be a financial benefit for the club and the players.

the club should also get s flag to fly for the year.
If we didn't have a GF then maybe but all these additional awards when there is still the big dance ahead would just be a further distraction.

How come we never see footage of the winning team holding the McClellan trophy going nuts?

Fair play to Port. That was most intense final I've ever seen.

Great season, they'll definitely be a massive contender next year as well.

Yeah not sure. Ebert is done, Boak and Gray are a year closer to the end, Hoff done (although he didn't play anyway).
We also have the echoes of 2014 when everyone was convinced we'd be up there again next year and we instead spent 5 years in the wilderness. Hinkley has a lot of pressure not to repeat the same mistakes
But another pre season into duursma, butters, rozee, Marshall and Georgiadis can't hurt.

I've built a shrine to the mighty McLelland in my lounge room. Premierships are for losers

Sorry. No flag take backsies

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not sure. Ebert is done, Boak and Gray are a year closer to the end, Hoff done (although he didn't play anyway).
We also have the echoes of 2014 when everyone was convinced we'd be up there again next year and we instead spent 5 years in the wilderness. Hinkley has a lot of pressure not to repeat the same mistakes
But another pre season into duursma, butters, rozee, Marshall and Georgiadis can't hurt.
Hinkley's a class act, and has handled himself and his club brilliantly throughout the season. It wasn't to be for Port last night, despite a magnificent effort. I've got no doubt they'd have beaten every other team in the comp pretty convincingly on that performance last night, but just caught the Tigers at our best. Even then, a different roll of the footy at the right moment could've easily swung the result.

Best of luck for next year - I'd have no qualms in saying I'd enjoy watching a Port flag in the next 3-4 years with a bunch of those gun youngsters leading the charge.

You are a Melbourne supporter I doubt this is even sarcasm.
Yes that's true I barrack for Melbourne so I don't know anything.

Please tell me how great your "MacClelland Trophy" is now that you've been on top of the ladder for an entire season and lost on your home ground to a team that's been away from home for over 3 months now :$

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back