Congrats Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I have yet to see a thread just congratulating Richmond for a job well done. As a hardcore WC fan, it hurts to give up the premiership but the Tigers have been the best team since the bye and are deserved winners. Personally, I think the WC gave you a scare a few rounds ago and it would have been a more epic final to see a rematch, but WC didnt have it in them this year. So be it. Tigers are the best side in 2019 and heres a toast.

Quality supporter, it's a shame a few of your fellow supporters don't share the same views.

Congratulations mate well deserved premiership. Truly well done. Richmond supporters were the first to congratulate us last year. Would love to see a tigers v wce grandfinal

Mate if we play you at optus next year happy to have a beer with you. Last year had a great laugh with an Eagles supporter while you then smashed us in the 2nd half, some of you are alright.

Mate if we play you at optus next year happy to have a beer with you. Last year had a great laugh with an Eagles supporter while you then smashed us in the 2nd half, some of you are alright.
Done mate beers on us mate, enjoy the win. You guys were terrific after we won the flag.
Plus the epic battle at the MCG was awesome this year.

plus Mate added bonus we got to see Collingwood miss out on a flag two years in a row now that is just priceless

Lol only 15 posts in the thread congratulating the team that just won the premiership. I guess the footy world really didn't want us to win.
Don't you know that the majority of neutrals normally go for the underdog 9 times out of 10! Anyway congrats - you were definately the best side in 2019, particularly since the bye.

Yep that WCE game and the cats prelim were the two games in the run-in where we were really pressed. Meeting the Pies in a final would have been an interesting proposition too imo.

After the prelim loss I was fairly pragmatic in that I thought we played 3 quarters of really good footy but giving up five goals on the bounce in the third cost us - I could deal with that.

Seeing the ease with which you won yesterday hurt because without that lapse I get the feeling we would have had another flag.

At any rate, tigers deserving winners, set the standard for everyone to get to next year

After the prelim loss I was fairly pragmatic in that I thought we played 3 quarters of really good footy but giving up five goals on the bounce in the third cost us - I could deal with that.

Seeing the ease with which you won yesterday hurt because without that lapse I get the feeling we would have had another flag.

At any rate, tigers deserving winners, set the standard for everyone to get to next year
I agree, the Giants were rattled and turned it over so often, Cats would haves romped home.

Also agree the Cats had us pinned for half the game in the prelim.

Thin margins, it's not that far fetched to say a Hawkins swinging arm decided the season.

I agree, the Giants were rattled and turned it over so often, Cats would haves romped home.

Also agree the Cats had us pinned for half the game in the prelim.

Thin margins, it's not that far fetched to say a Hawkins swinging arm decided the season.

Certainly had a big impact, when we were completely on top even though 21 points was a handy break it felt like we hadn’t made the most of our general dominance, and in the last term where we matched Richmond in most areas after the lapse in the third, we were hopeless going inside 50.

But hey, every team deals with that sort of thing and the simple fact was we had our chance and Richmond were too good for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first half of the season I was cheering every Richmond loss, knowing a top 4 finish would make them highly dangerous. But they were never killed off and managed what they were criticised for in 2017-18, by winning games interstate and not having a dream run with injuries. They also won a final interstate and put to bed any arguments of non-earned HGA in the PF and GF.

All you can do in 2019 is dip your lid to Richmond and say, well played. See you in 2020.

PS. Has Dusty found his car yet?

Last edited:
For the first half of the season I was cheering every Richmond loss, knowing a top 4 finish would make them highly dangerous. But they were never killed off and managed what they were criticised for in 2017-18, by winning games interstate and not having a dream run with injuries. They also won a final interstate and put to be any arguments of non-earned HGA in the PF and GF.

All you can do in 2019 is dip your lid to Richmond and say, well played. See you in 2020.

PS. Has Dusty found his car yet?
Common theme Dazzler. No one could put us away. We kept ourselves in the hunt and how welcome was the bye. Then in finals Bears and Cats couldn’t land killer blow and kept our door ajar. We’ll fight and fight and win...
Looking forward to playing eagles twice next year. The fans deserve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back