Toast Congrats Scott Pendlebury 300 games & making the All Australian Team (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly think he's played as many games at an elite level as anyone to ever play the game.

Nah Pendlebury has had his fair share of quiet games. That's a myth that he is always elite. Most 300 game players are very consistent.

I'll name a few that are more consistent that him who have played 300: Ablett Jnr, Riccuito, Mitchell, Bartel, Black, West, Bradley, Harvey. All of those guys probably had more 30 disposal games than Pendlebury.

Nah Pendlebury has had his fair share of quiet games. That's a myth that he is always elite. Most 300 game players are very consistent.

I'll name a few that are more consistent that him who have played 300: Ablett Jnr, Riccuito, Mitchell, Bartel, Black, West, Bradley, Harvey. All of those guys probably had more 30 disposal games than Pendlebury.

Who cares if they have 30 disposals, it's what they do with them. Absolute champion of the black and white, if you think he hasn't been consistent you need to do more research.

Love how these threads that should be acknowledging the player he is turn into nuh he's not that good.

Who cares if they have 30 disposals, it's what they do with them. Absolute champion of the black and white, if you think he hasn't been consistent you need to do more research.

Love how these threads that should be acknowledging the player he is turn into nuh he's not that good.

I'm not saying he's not consistent. He's just not stand out more consistent than many others have been. A lot of players have gone through their career averaging 26 disposals. Where did I say he's not that good? I would say he's equally consistent as the top players in the history of the game have been. Not better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off the top of my head, every season has been AA standard since 2009 (whether or not he was selected), except maybe 2017 when he missed half the year. There are certainly others who have been as consistent, not sure you’ll find many or even any who have been more consistent, though.

Off the top of my head, every season has been AA standard since 2009 (whether or not he was selected), except maybe 2017 when he missed half the year. There are certainly others who have been as consistent, not sure you’ll find many or even any who have been more consistent, though.

Yeah that's what I meant, he's equal up there but not the best.

Ablett leads the way, but Swan had a higher percentage.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/misc.html

Ablett leads the way, but Swan had a higher percentage.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/misc.html
View attachment 716335

Ablett's first 50 games at least were not on ball though. He's the GOAT of 30+ disposal games. Now he is forward again but he had a stretch of 100 consecutive 30+ games if I recall correctly.

There are quite a few in the middle of their careers who might have something to say later on: Treloar, Neale, Crouch, Macrae, Gaff, all near 40% or above. Crouch 48% of his games 30+!

Quiet games? Not including games where he went off early injured he's only had about 6 games under 20 possessions in nearly his last 250 games. That's probably unprecedented.

I know Ablett's now an old man but he's had 9 such quiet games this year.

Quiet games? Not including games where he went off early injured he's only had about 6 games under 20 possessions in nearly his last 250 games. That's probably unprecedented.

I know Ablett's now an old man but he's had 9 such quiet games this year.

Yeah he's had about 30 games under 20 disposals but remarkable from about 2009 until now. But his average will dive as he hits twilight like Ablett who does not play midfield anymore. You should be remembered for your peak years though and Pendles is up there with the greatest, but he's not the GOAT. That's all I'm saying.

Can't I go a bit over the top regarding a Collingwood champion?

You're probably right regarding Ablett, Mitchell, and Black.

Riccuito wasn't consistent - much more up and down than Pendles.
Bradley was incredibly consistent, but his last 150 games, he was just a good player - not a top shelf player.
I loved Bartel, despite the 2011 GF, but a lot of his footy wasn't elite - his half back years were good but not top shelf.
West was a very good player, but the word elite doesn't fit for most of his footy.

That would never happen.
Not after he has made his contract negotiations so public.
See Adams to see how a future captain handles contract negotiations.
See Sidebottom about contract negotiations, and how you take unders to stay with the group and allow the club to pay players like Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back