Toast Congrats Scott Pendlebury 300 games & making the All Australian Team (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury has over the past decade earned the right to be regarded as a Collingwood great - most definitely in the top ten magpies ever for me and in the top 3 (along with Buckley and Daicos) I've seen.

Einstein's theory of relativity posits that time and space is dilated by immense velocity. Pendlebury has seemingly confounded that.

Last edited:
Pendlebury has over the past decade earned the right to Ben regarded as a Collingwood great - most definitely in the top ten magpies ever for me and in the top 3 (along with Buckley and Daicos) I've seen.

Einstein's theory of relativity posits that time and space is dilated by immense velocity. Pendlebury has seemingly confounded that.
Well spoken...but stop calling him Ben.

Small thing that says a lot about Pendlebury: he is always the first captain to go to the centre circle for the pre-game coin toss. He makes an effort to get there early and say hello to the person who tosses the coin and the umpires. The opposing captain will often drag his heels and make Pendo wait. He patiently waits and continues to chat. The sign of a good sport and a good guy who makes time for everyone.

Legend.

Just a quality person and player.

Well done Scott, finally we have a third player to 300.

Enjoy the evening and here's to a ripping 2019 final series.

Go Pies!

No doubt they are both club greats and champion players, for mine accolades was never what separated them as individual players (especially not team related ones when comparing an individual's talent lvl).

Bucks in my mind was just a teir above but I don't have many in his company to date.
I haven't seen anyone who was his equal as a all round player.
Some players bring parts of what Buckley could do maybe even better in some areas but as a package he was capable of doing everything to a extremely high standard.
Buckley was capable of carrying bottom 4 teams and turning the tide in games it's not something any player we have had has shown capability to replicate. Many of today's elites also don't cop hard tags like in Buckley gen.

However Pendles comfortably sits at the upper echelon of his generation and will go down as a AFL champion and one of the best from pieland ever.

If he plays another 50 games and captains us to a flag then he may well get Bucks in the end...but for me one things that Bucks has clearly over Pendles is the ability to consistently hit the scoreboard. Bucks had 9 seasons of 20+ goals - pretty amazing for a bloke who had to basically do it all and copped hard tags for much of his career.

Slightly ironic given that Pendles first kick in AFL footy was a set shot goal, gifted from an incredible pass by Bucks himself!

Small thing that says a lot about Pendlebury: he is always the first captain to go to the centre circle for the pre-game coin toss. He makes an effort to get there early and say hello to the person who tosses the coin and the umpires. The opposing captain will often drag his heels and make Pendo wait. He patiently waits and continues to chat. The sign of a good sport and a good guy who makes time for everyone.

I’ve noticed this too, and nudge my mate to say ‘Pendles is waiting again’.

Pendlebury has over the past decade earned the right to be regarded as a Collingwood great - most definitely in the top ten magpies ever for me and in the top 3 (along with Buckley and Daicos) I've seen.

Not really, as the viewer, you are witness only to dilate time, Pendles on the other hand is no doubt close to light speed inside the event horizon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The champ comes through for his club again. As if it was in doubt.

Pretty special watching him get chaired off by Steele and Mayney. I won’t forget his 300th in a hurry.

Mega Uber elite champion of champions.

Legend!

712627.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back