Toast Congrats Scott Pendlebury 300 games & making the All Australian Team (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

Could play 400. Such a smooth mover.

Still remember how excited I was when we drafted him.

Ultimate Hine special..

Edit:I just read about his back issues so no chance on 400.

Could play 400. Such a smooth mover.

Still remember how excited I was when we drafted him.

Ultimate Hine special..

Edit:I just read about his back issues so no chance on 400.
But if you also read that, he got that fixed in the off-season and feels better than he has in years.

We'd have to play deep into finals for the next 4 seasons for him to hit 400.

Could happen. I mean, the way he plays is the reason he can keep playing. Not a ballistic player and doesn't generally get injured so as long as he doesn't lose his awareness and decision making, it's possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Pendles, what an outstanding achievement!! Mr durable and super consistent. Could retire as the GOAT for our beloved Pies!
Have a ball tearing 300th Pendles.

What a career thus far, what a legend of the club. I hope he’s got another 2-3 good years left in him...

He’s a bit of a Smokey for the Brownlow this year. He will be our top vote getter...
Sidebottom has an average year compared to LY.
Grundy doesn’t poll because he’s a ruckman.
DeGoey missed a lot of footy this year.
Pies have won enough games, and he’s been pretty consistent throughout.

Everyone want to hear something funny?
Inevitably, draftees are always compared to current players for playing style etc. During the draft when we selected Pendles, I read that he was said to have, wait for it........ Dal Santo like qualities.
No disrespect to Dal, but turns out that’s more of a compliment to Dal Santo than our Captain. Lucky for us that Pendles is like having 10 Dal Santo’s running around.

What a career thus far, what a legend of the club. I hope he’s got another 2-3 good years left in him...

He’s a bit of a Smokey for the Brownlow this year. He will be our top vote getter...
Sidebottom has an average year compared to LY.
Grundy doesn’t poll because he’s a ruckman.
DeGoey missed a lot of footy this year.
Pies have won enough games, and he’s been pretty consistent throughout.
I think Grundy will poll heavily this year. Enough to stymie Pendles.

We'd have to play deep into finals for the next 4 seasons for him to hit 400.

Could happen. I mean, the way he plays is the reason he can keep playing. Not a ballistic player and doesn't generally get injured so as long as he doesn't lose his awareness and decision making, it's possible.
Even when Pendles cannot play midfield anymore, he could always play a couple of seasons at half back like Hodge. Pendles could be a damaging forward as well. So a couple more seasons playing midfield and a couple of seasons down back or up forward and you never know.

So much admiration for this Magpies great. Nothing much more for him to accomplish then to add another Premiership medal to his bow but this time as skipper.

Much love to Pendles. Such a humble champion all the best mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back