Toast Congrats Sidey

Remove this Banner Ad

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watching his highlight package for the year and it was obvious to me where he needs to play. Full time forward for Sidey for me and he’ll be All Australian, the next achievement to add to his list. Congrats Sidey.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Problem with playing him forward, and I agree he’d be good there, is he is one of the best two way runners he club has had in eons. He would be missed helping out the backline.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Problem with playing him forward, and I agree he’d be good there, is he is one of the best two way runners he club has had in eons. He would be missed helping out the backline.
That is true, our midfield needs to learn though and can’t rely on one player to do so. Sidey forward can be a big weapon, if he could kick 40 goals that would be massive.

Jul 13, 2007
Elwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
That is true, our midfield needs to learn though and can’t rely on one player to do so. Sidey forward can be a big weapon, if he could kick 40 goals that would be massive.
With Maynard moving into the centre and Crisp playing at half back maybe our two way running is covered, enabling Sidey to play a more forward role.

Watching his highlight package for the year and it was obvious to me where he needs to play. Full time forward for Sidey for me and he’ll be All Australian, the next achievement to add to his list. Congrats Sidey.
I think that is what the coaches would like to happen, but we just cannot seem to get our full midfield on the park continuously, so it only happened occasionally. Hoping that next season it does.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done Rusty! Well deserved and the nicest bloke on the team. Here’s a photo of the great man with my pup Gomez of Mongo:
EB6950CD-FF58-4830-8F6C-52C9709E880F.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DrDavoren

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done Sidebum! Deserving winner, a tie with Adams would have been fitting too as both players were very consistent all year.

Seems a good country lad who bleeds black n white

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Thought he showed great leadership when given the captaincy in the second half of the year, and he's a great player when on song, who I'd be happy to name captain full-time as soon as next year.

That being said, I thought this season (particularly the first half) was probably his poorest individually in about 4-5 years, and I really don't understand how he registered double-figure Brownlow votes, and then won our B&F. Seems like reputation/thank you voting as much as anything else.

Taylor Adams getting short-changed in both Brownlow votes and the B&F, as he was (clearly IMO) our best and most consistent player in 2017.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably our third most natural crumber in the last 15 years behind Krak and Brodie Holland.
You just look at that highlight reel for his goals this year and a lot of them are perfect front and square roves. We have the tallest player in the AFL and he’s the only one in the team that does it consistently. It’s a pet peeve of mine.

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done Steele I think he is being played out of position I think Steele is a natrual foward

Couldn't agree more.

After 2010, he had the makings of an elite and dangerous small forward.

He is an exceptional talent who now gets a lot of the ball but is no where near as dangerous to the opposition as he could be. Not his fault though.

I would rather he got 15-20 possessions and kicked 50 goals per year than his current output.

i haven't rated him this year, but looking at his highlights reel I couldn't have been more wrong.

Good on him and congrats, I love being proved wrong like that.

I hope he does more damage from the forward line next year.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well deserved and a great acceptance speech. Love ya Steele!
Funny you mentioned about acceptance speech.

Sidebottom looked far more comfortable talking to the audience than Adams did. I think the club got it right to give the captaincy to Sidebottom when Pendles was out injured. He is the next full time captain imo.

Funny you mentioned about acceptance speech.

Sidebottom looked far more comfortable talking to the audience than Adams did. I think the club got it right to give the captaincy to Sidebottom when Pendles was out injured. He is the next full time captain imo.
I thought they all spoke well; straight from the heart, and with honesty and sincerity.
Many of them have had some serious, deeply personal issues to deal with this year and they were all ‘man enough’ to talk about their feelings and the support they’ve received from each other

Couldn't agree more.

After 2010, he had the makings of an elite and dangerous small forward.

He is an exceptional talent who now gets a lot of the ball but is no where near as dangerous to the opposition as he could be. Not his fault though.

I would rather he got 15-20 possessions and kicked 50 goals per year than his current output.
Crap. He is our best runner, and is played accordingly.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well done Rusty! Well deserved and the nicest bloke on the team. Here’s a photo of the great man with my pup Gomez of Mongo:
View attachment 425503
That is a ripper Mongo.

May I ask where that was taken? Looks Holden Garage Centre?

This year or previous?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back