Toast Congrats Sidey

Remove this Banner Ad

Crap. He is our best runner, and is played accordingly.
Certainly agree he's our best runner but I believe he should be played predominately fwd.

Scoreboard pressure is the best pressure of all.

Certainly agree he's our best runner but I believe he should be played predominately fwd.

Scoreboard pressure is the best pressure of all.
With respect mate, taking Steele out of the midfield would make us a poorer side. Steele is one of our major drivers.

With respect mate, taking Steele out of the midfield would make us a poorer side. Steele is one of our major drivers.
Once again I agree, I just wish/hope we could compensate with someone else & use him up fwd.

I understand his endurance is an asset in the modern game though.

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought they all spoke well; straight from the heart, and with honesty and sincerity.
Many of them have had some serious, deeply personal issues to deal with this year and they were all ‘man enough’ to talk about their feelings and the support they’ve received from each other

Another thread mentioned Grundy's speech but didn't respond when asked for elaboration. You any idea what he said or if there are links? I've only been able to listen to Sidebottom's speech. (That was on Sat or Sun, just had another look and see Grundy's speech now online so will check it out when I get a chance).

Couldn't agree more.

After 2010, he had the makings of an elite and dangerous small forward.

He is an exceptional talent who now gets a lot of the ball but is no where near as dangerous to the opposition as he could be. Not his fault though.

I would rather he got 15-20 possessions and kicked 50 goals per year than his current output.
No one is capable of kicking 50 goals from 15-20 possessions!:p I realise you mean 15-20 per game but it's not what you said.

Crap. He is our best runner, and is played accordingly.
Is this a game day based or outdated observation because preseason time trials suggest Phillips is our best runner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back