Toast Congrats SPS - Rnd 7 NRS Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Samo, a real competitor with that much talent that it's rediculous.
Seriously this kid is a complete footballer but just as important he brings the right attitude and his ability to transition with ease into the AFL ranks suggests that a player of his ilk don't come around that often, they are rare and best of all he bleeds blue.
The highlights package he produced on Saturday against the Pies, has the wider AFL community paying homage and acknowledging that this kid is special.
WELL DONE SPS, the RS Award is all but sown up as its SAMO then daylight.
The eligible candidates nominated on a weekly basis are all vying for second and if those who are entrusted with the responsibility of voting don't give the award to SPS and convincingly, then the AFL must conduct an inquest.
Now it's blatantly obvious WHAT THE BLUES ARE COOKING, and soon to come into play is WE ARE CARLTON F@&? THE REST.
First Marchbank and in consecutive weeks SPS, now we need CC, Williamson, Fisher, SOSOS, Cunningham, McCreadie, Poulson and McKay to stand up and get the recognition which will put other clubs on notice, we are building a list capable of netting #17 and more.
BB is making the AFL take notice and letting everyone know, when we arrive it will be special.

CARLTON jet Sam Petrevski-Seton says he wants to play out his career at the club, dispelling any fears of homesickness.
He wanted to be drafted by a Victorian club and Carlton granted his wish, selecting him at No.6 last November.

Don't underestimate the decision when SPS decided to leave WA and play in Melbourne. Leave your family as an 18 year old who only learnt how to speak english about 5 years ago. This kid will be a special player for a very long time. We are lucky to have him.
Comfortable being uncomfortable

Something something

Would be slightly ironic if some of our players end up with more Brownlow votes than RS votes while still eligible.

Wouldn't that send a VERY mixed message to the AFL about the integrity of the RS star lol.

Just love the character, tenacity, composure and class SPS exudes.

Seems a common feature of a few of the guys we've brought onboard lately. These characteristics will help reset expectations, standards & culture within the playing group.

Well done SPS. Well deserved.

Going through the historic CFC RS noms shows just how poorly CFC has drafted and developed youth. A tad embarrassing to be honest.

Well done SPS. Well deserved.

Going through the historic CFC RS noms shows just how poorly CFC has drafted and developed youth. A tad embarrassing to be honest.

Agree, it does. But also gives you the warm and fuzzies that we're genuinely doing something DIFFERENT now, embracing the draft, bringing in talent and nurturing it rather than buying talent at top price or bringing in no-talent recycled hacks. Multiple RS nominations doesn't mean a huge amount on their own, but they're a good indicator of the long list of young, talented guys we've got into the club over the past few seasons.

Don't underestimate the decision when SPS decided to leave WA and play in Melbourne. Leave your family as an 18 year old who only learnt how to speak english about 5 years ago. This kid will be a special player for a very long time. We are lucky to have him.
Really he left his family as a 13-14yo to move to Perth to study so he knows how to look after himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie is building very nicely. He's our next one

He's so raw, but he's starting to get his hands on the ball more the past month and his contested marking is already a feature. In some ways he looks miles off, and in others we get glimpes of what he could be (eg. the best of the whole lot).

He's so raw, but he's starting to get his hands on the ball more the past month and his contested marking is already a feature. In some ways he looks miles off, and in others we get glimpes of what he could be (eg. the best of the whole lot).
Charlie's last two games have been really encouraging. You can see that he is starting to feel like he belongs. He is flying for marks and running hard to space to provide options. He will take a bit of time but with another 30-40 games will be a very very good player; the signs are all there..

Bet it was Ed.
Would be interesting to know for certain.

Also wouldbt be surprised if Charlie had a big one this weekend. Has been coring huge ground the last few weeks and showing glimpses.
Under the roof, against a team who traditionally struggles against the bigger forwards. Could be his time.

Long time lurker here!

I think what's super pleasing about SPS and Marchbank being nominated for the rising star award is the fact that senior figures like Murphy and Vesio are commending the lads on their achievements - definitely seeing that unity in droves that Bolts first talked about building when he came to the club.

That carry on the boundary line and vision to Gibbs was unreal. Also his handball in the pack to set up the Casboult goal reminded me of Cripps handballing to Bell years ago.

Well done Samo, a real competitor with that much talent that it's rediculous.
Seriously this kid is a complete footballer but just as important he brings the right attitude and his ability to transition with ease into the AFL ranks suggests that a player of his ilk don't come around that often, they are rare and best of all he bleeds blue.
The highlights package he produced on Saturday against the Pies, has the wider AFL community paying homage and acknowledging that this kid is special.
WELL DONE SPS, the RS Award is all but sown up as its SAMO then daylight.
The eligible candidates nominated on a weekly basis are all vying for second and if those who are entrusted with the responsibility of voting don't give the award to SPS and convincingly, then the AFL must conduct an inquest.
Now it's blatantly obvious WHAT THE BLUES ARE COOKING, and soon to come into play is WE ARE CARLTON F@&? THE REST.
First Marchbank and in consecutive weeks SPS, now we need CC, Williamson, Fisher, SOSOS, Cunningham, McCreadie, Poulson and McKay to stand up and get the recognition which will put other clubs on notice, we are building a list capable of netting #17 and more.
BB is making the AFL take notice and letting everyone know, when we arrive it will be special.
Unfortunately that * number one pick will win it... Because they were so brave in order to get him.

Long time lurker here!

I think what's super pleasing about SPS and Marchbank being nominated for the rising star award is the fact that senior figures like Murphy and Vesio are commending the lads on their achievements - definitely seeing that unity in droves that Bolts first talked about building when he came to the club.

That carry on the boundary line and vision to Gibbs was unreal. Also his handball in the pack to set up the Casboult goal reminded me of Cripps handballing to Bell years ago.
Welcome aboard.

That sideways kick to Gibbs after skirting the boundary line was sublime, play of the day for me. The quick kick instead of a loopy handball left plenty of time for Gibbs to spot up a target that was coming straight toward him, rather than leading to SPS on the boundary. A better shot at goal resulted, he is going to make us dangerous with that sort of vision.

Can't understate how much stronger he is compared to other 18 year olds entering their 1st season. A dozen or so years of bull riding will do extraordinary things for your core strength. Probably gets physically underestimated too much by opposition players thinking they can brush him aside ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can't understate how much stronger he is compared to other 18 year olds entering their 1st season. A dozen or so years of bull riding will do extraordinary things for your core strength. Probably gets physically underestimated too much by opposition players thinking they can brush him aside ;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Don't reckon he takes kindly to coming second in a one on one contest either.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/b11f7a5589f73b01f5b5f8e1eb0679a2

“I’m really grateful to be here at Carlton. I’m enjoying life here at the moment. I’m just trying to adapt. Winter is starting to come around and it’s challenging for me to face.

“But I’ll face it for the next 10 years. I’m lucky, a lot of people from where I come from never get a chance to fly to major cities. Melbourne is the home of footy and that’s what I love about it.”

That comment seriously gave me chills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back