Congrats Talia on 200

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been a solid rock in defence since he got here, if he didn't break his arm we would have won the 2012 Premiership, because Luke Thompson wouldn't have played in the prelim against Hawthorn.

He's been an amazing player over the journey and I wish him all the best tomorrow!

A fantastic player, and a genuine leader.

We're incredibly lucky to have gone from Rutten to Talia - I think people underestimate what a huge luxury it is to be able to pencil your fullback in every week, and know that he is almost never going to get beaten.
Have been very lucky as a club throughout our entire history to have such quality key defenders

A fantastic player, and a genuine leader.

We're incredibly lucky to have gone from Rutten to Talia - I think people underestimate what a huge luxury it is to be able to pencil your fullback in every week, and know that he is almost never going to get beaten.

Good call & many either weren't around in the early days or have forgotten - before Truck we consistently struggled with the big key forwards. Bassett was a good defender but got rag dolled by the big boys (game against Alastair Lynch sticks in memory), Jammo held his own for a bit, but watching undersized guys like Hart/Smart standing Plugger was tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he plays that 2012 PF instead of Luke Thompson, we proceed to a GF and likely a flag.

He is a gun and despite everything falling over around him the past few years he can hold his head high.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry I don't agree, Thompson was solid in the 2012 finals.

Rioli got off the chain in the last quarter and the 12 point turn around due to a poor kick from Callinan that led to Danger getting caught holding the ball, that's what cost us the game IMO.

Embarrassing turnout to congratulate the most deserved of all our recent 200+ milestones.
3rd best defender in afc history.

1. Ben Hart
2. Ben Rutten
3. Daniel Talia
4. Nigel Smart
5. Graham Johncock

I think Talia will be in our best ever 22 for a long long time. Criminally underrated by vic media.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back