Toast Congrats to Jake “Bull” Kelly on 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

His courage and endeavour cannot be questioned. One thing that’s understated about Kelly is that he’s a humble player. I remember after a Crows win a few years ago, somebody (Brian Taylor?) was interviewing both Kelly and Lever, Kelly spoke first then he unashamedly directed the focus on Lever, telling the interviewer “ask Lever here, he’s more the star”. Lever gave a smirk smile and proceeded with the interview, then Kelly quickly exited the interview. Shows he’s in it purely to play footy rather than all the external accolades and media attention.

For what footy deficiencies there are, a humble tough nut who gets to 100 AFL games gets my respect!

I remember watching him kick the ball at a training session in his first pre-season. After watching him kick a dozen of the worst kicks I think I've ever seen from an AFL listed player I'd of probably given you 50/1 odds on him playing a dozen games, let alone a hundred.

Shows you the work ethic he has to continually improve and work on areas of his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back