• General Giant

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Hi all,

Well, the year is rapidly heading towards its conclusion. We'll be in December soon, Christmas not far away, and 2022 coming soon thereafter. While training starts for the players soon, BigFooty tends to hibernate a little over summer (unless you're on the cricket board).

Before it gets really quiet on the Giants' board, we need to think about awarding the Member of the Year. That is, the GWS member who has added most to the knowledge and fun of the GWS Board. They can be active on the main board and that can add value to their standing, but they would need to be quite active within the GWS sub-board. Dual members are eligible, providing they are very active on this board and display a loyalty to GWS somewhere in their identity. It's not necessarily volume of posting (although that may help), but moreso the quality of their posting. I think we've had a quite a happy and active board this year, so let's reward someone who helped make it so.

I am initially calling for nominations. Please nominate another poster to be recognised (not yourself!) in this thread. I'll take nominations for the next week until next Saturday night. On Sunday, in conjunction with my fellow mod Determinant I'll then create a shortlist of 3, for everyone to vote on in a poll for another week.

The winner will be awarded a badge as the 2021 GWS MotY for their profile.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I’ll nominate PMBangers, he gives us a lot of draft information, invariably gets some heat from people with different opinions but keeps his cool and is a good contributor 🙂👍
Oh this is kind, I was going to nominate you but wanted to figure out an entertaining way to do so

But now, I'll just nominate Andre the Giant without the flair

Last edited:

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
GS for calm and reason amid the chaos of season 2021.

Honourable mention to GG for keeping the VFL Barbarians outside the Orange Gate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK, folks. I gave a little more time than originally said to get opinions for finalists. In consultation with Determinant we've gone with a final 3 of PMBangers, Andre the Giant, and General Giant. Thank you to those who nominated me, but we moderators feel that the winner should not be a mod, so I'll accept your thanks and leave the field to others. That's a good group - our resident draft expert in PMBangers who has been very active this last year. And Andre & GG who are veteran and regular GWS posters, who've contributed immensely over many years.

Over to you to vote for who you want to win, now. The poll is set to be open this weekend through to next weekend, and will close the following Monday monrning.

I also want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed positively to this year throughout 2021. I appreciate the fact that the board is mostly very chill; that we can have mature discussions, not necessarily agreeing on everything, but being able to express opinions and then chat about the reasons why we agree or not.

Back