Congrats to the three AA blokes

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to all three boys on their All Australian selections. Jack and Caleb awarded for consistent elite level play and the Bont at his best was unstoppable. He definitely had a few quiet ones so he was probably the one who was luckier but still had a great year, particularly in the second half of the year driving us into the Finals, so definitely deserved.

congrats to celeb growing 9 inches.

View attachment 969989

That’s some terrible photoshopping. The Gawn to Daniel real ratio is greater than my wife and I and she doesn’t reach my shoulder. This pic could give Bevo ideas of Caleb swapping with Dunks in the ruck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well done to all 3 - Daniel should be on the field though.
Like a lot of people the selectors probably couldn't quite see a natural spot for him, so the bench was a safe option and one that was less likely to attract criticism than naming him in a specific position.

He doesn't fit any conventional mould for a defender but his body of work in 2020 defies anybody to leave him out.

Congratulations to the young fella. Like Libba Sr before him he has ignored all those people telling him he was too small to play at the top level. Persistence, dedication to get the best out of yourself and plain self-belief can take you a long way.

Can't wait for when they hang a Brownlow around is neck.

Very generous to Bont. While I’m happy with my Bulldogs brain, I think Dan Butler was very stiff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very generous to Bont. While I’m happy with my Bulldogs brain, I think Dan Butler was very stiff.
Agreed maybe generous to the Bont, but disagree with the Butler call. Did all his work in the first 6 weeks and was virtually anonymous after IMO.

Which of course means he'll kick 5 on us in a Majak Daw medal performance...

Ridley and McCluggage were the unlucky ones for me....

Wow yeah Dan Butler. I'm not sure what else he would need to do to make it. Cracking season.

Funny thing is I'd probably rate Libba's season as right up there, if not better than our three guys.

Macrae the stand-out although his last 2 weeks were crud. I think the extra week will do him a world of good.

Wow yeah Dan Butler. I'm not sure what else he would need to do to make it. Cracking season.

Funny thing is I'd probably rate Libba's season as right up there, if not better than our three guys.

Macrae the stand-out although his last 2 weeks were crud. I think the extra week will do him a world of good.
Strongly agree on Libba.

Probably hurt by his late start but he gets a bit of attention in the commentary and in opposition coach pressers, so if he puts a full season together maybe he’ll be a chance.

Every bit as important as Bont and Macrae this year.

Congratulations to all 3 players who earned their spots and we now need them to all play at their best in the finals.
Libba and Wally must have been close to the honour as well.

Can anyone explain why whatsisname (Cornes) on SEN this morning is questioning Luke Darcy's place on the AA selection panel? Only caught the end of the topic, but his feelings on questioning Darce's appropriateness in being on the panel was clear.

Low ratings?
Slow news day?

The most curious snippet I've read regarding the AA was that the AA Ruckman took a total of 11 marks for the entire season. Bizarre.

The most curious snippet I've read regarding the AA was that the AA Ruckman took a total of 11 marks for the entire season. Bizarre.
Naitanui over Gawn is a joke, like some of the other selections. Equals in ruckwork, but Gawn around the ground shits all over NicNat.

Naitanui over Gawn is a joke, like some of the other selections. Equals in ruckwork, but Gawn around the ground shits all over NicNat.

? that’s not what the award is about. Gawn was injured several weeks. He shouldn’t have been in, should’ve just been nic Nat (the other spot Papley or Butler)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back