Roast Congratulations SEN, you finally broke me.

Who would you like to see return?

• KB

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • Marko and the Ox

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Finey

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Hutchy is Jabba the huts body double

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • All of the above.

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree.
Kane Cornes has been pretty good at the moment.

I reckon he’s heaps better than that sanctimonious douche Whatley . Kane at least listens. Even laughed when I called him a Richmond hater . He’s won me over !! Lyon and Whatley and their pseudo intellectual ramblings and virtue signalling drive me bonkers !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
The only problem with Kane is that he always bleats on about social media, caller, poster criticism of him and always plays this victim sort of thing. Gets very sensitive does Kane. He's a bit raw Kane. His producer needs to bring him along a bit.

Yep the mean tweets segment has run its race
I’ve never understood why you’d give the * wits doing the tweets the satisfaction of reading them out.

Jun 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I’ve never understood why you’d give the **** wits doing the tweets the satisfaction of reading them out.

generally the point of mean tweet segments is to find the most stupid ones and read them out for a laugh.

both parties win, tweeter gets to feel important because his tweet was read on an irrelevant radio program and kane gets to make people that arent him sound like an idiot, which would be a novel experience for him.

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Im loving Mac sports these days have been on it for about 4 months now... but there is one thing that really really bugs me the guy that does the traffic after every ad !!! Im Nathaniel Alawundooo or what ever the hell his name is he doesnt have to tell me who he is 1000 times a day arghhhhhhh

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Omg , I hate to say it coz I love kB but that’s the dead set worst show on radio , I honestly flick over to Macquarie at 300 instead . Andy Maher is prob best show during day
andy maher is a shouting idiot on s.e.n. in fairness, he fills his role on the front bar well. but s.e.n. ugh!

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought I heard last year that Bartlett was getting the flick from SEN this year? Flipped over to the station earlier this week (must be almost footy season 😁) and the total flog is still fumble-mouthing his way through a timeslot. Shocking radio.

Wow, sounds like the only way to please everyone would be to just broadcast silence. All of them have their moments, good and bad, tough gig broadcasting to the footy masses, tougher than umpiring perhaps - at least then you have half the crowd with you for a moment, against you the next. Here:drunk:

__Nantes__

Team Captain
Feb 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
A 24/7 sports station is a good thing so I don't like criticising SEN as it is better than nothing. Well, it was in the past. It has gone down hill so fast that it is pointless advertisements with hosts with no charisma. Sadly it's become useless and irrelevent IMO.

A 24/7 sports station is a good thing so I don't like criticising SEN as it is better than nothing. Well, it was in the past. It has gone down hill so fast that it is pointless advertisements with hosts with no charisma. Sadly it's become useless and irrelevent IMO.

Live in a Rugby dominated place and you sure appreciate SEN with all its flaws.

30 years ago, I used to have to wait for Monday's Sun to be delivered by plane on Tuesday afternoon (about 2pm) just to get the results of the weekends games. I'd be waiting at the newagency to get my reserved copy.

We would get match of weekend live on the one commercial channel, but that was it. We had a local compy of 4 teams and played at that time so often missed it if we forgot to set the VCR. Sometimes the end of the game might even be lost.

The Internet and AFL website came along and things were looking up.

Then when the early smart phones came they let me listen to SEN on my phone I thought WOW! I'd lose it at times, have to reload more times than I had dinners but now I felt connected.

Then we started watching games live on the phone - fair dinkum we have come a long way. It's why I don't really knock what's available, I take what's given with great appreciation. I no longer have to wait at the newsagent on Tuesday afternoons.

__Nantes__

Team Captain
Feb 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Live in a Rugby dominated place and you sure appreciate SEN with all its flaws.

30 years ago, I used to have to wait for Monday's Sun to be delivered by plane on Tuesday afternoon (about 2pm) just to get the results of the weekends games. I'd be waiting at the newagency to get my reserved copy.

We would get match of weekend live on the one commercial channel, but that was it. We had a local compy of 4 teams and played at that time so often missed it if we forgot to set the VCR. Sometimes the end of the game might even be lost.

The Internet and AFL website came along and things were looking up.

Then when the early smart phones came they let me listen to SEN on my phone I thought WOW! I'd lose it at times, have to reload more times than I had dinners but now I felt connected.

Then we started watching games live on the phone - fair dinkum we have come a long way. It's why I don't really knock what's available, I take what's given with great appreciation. I no longer have to wait at the newsagent on Tuesday afternoons.
I'm not knocking the station perse, I just stating that (for me) it's become irrelevent. Which is a shame as I used to really enjoy it.

It's like being thankful for the council making new road for the community to use. One shouldn't just be pleased that they have new roads if they are shitty and just dead ends. They should be up to a certain standard.

I'm not knocking the station perse, I just stating that (for me) it's become irrelevent. Which is a shame as I used to really enjoy it.

It's like being thankful for the council making new road for the community to use. One shouldn't just be pleased that they have new roads if they are shitty and just dead ends. They should be up to a certain standard.

Understood, wasn't suggesting you needed to make it relevent. Just putting some balance into the new broader listener base they get. Will suggest that the Ownership of Hutchinson's company (iirc) won't help it be better to listen to because the commercial imperatives have been elevated. If I had a choice I might listen elsewhere, but it is still better than the alternative. The council example is bit a redundant becuase council doesn't really have a competitor as an alternative - SEN certainly does, so vote with your feet if want Nantes!

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond

Yeah, I'm not a massive fan of Maher either, but at least unlike Bartlett he doesn't need to repeat himself constantly and immediately (eg. "He missed the goal Doc, he missed the goal"), start every sentence with the words "Of course" as if that gives his puerile ramblings any legitimacy, patronise his listeners be treating them like they're 8-year-old viewers of the Kellogg's Junior Supporters Club and it's 1979, and then try to make every single segment some faux-nostalgic trip down memory lane with repeated references to 60's-90's players and events, which were not even that interesting when they actually happened. Can't stand Bartlett - find him totally unlistenable, and the sooner he pisses off the better.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure who it was but on the pre game before the port game,They were interviewing Leigh Tudor (Norf asst). After they noted he was away from the club for 21 yes at various other clubs he was asked who was the worst coach he was under in those 21yrs?
I mean who the hell asks that type of question?
Tudor went with the straight bat answer naturally.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Not sure who it was but on the pre game before the port game,They were interviewing Leigh Tudor (Norf asst). After they noted he was away from the club for 21 yes at various other clubs he was asked who was the worst coach he was under in those 21yrs?
I mean who the hell asks that type of question?
Tudor went with the straight bat answer naturally.
Fair question...have to be tongue in cheek ...😝

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Yeah, I'm not a massive fan of Maher either, but at least unlike Bartlett he doesn't need to repeat himself constantly and immediately (eg. "He missed the goal Doc, he missed the goal"), start every sentence with the words "Of course" as if that gives his puerile ramblings any legitimacy, patronise his listeners be treating them like they're 8-year-old viewers of the Kellogg's Junior Supporters Club and it's 1979, and then try to make every single segment some faux-nostalgic trip down memory lane with repeated references to 60's-90's players and events, which were not even that interesting when they actually happened. Can't stand Bartlett - find him totally unlistenable, and the sooner he pisses off the better.

He can be hard going at times. Ironic a bloke who was on the rules committee for a long time and kept on changing the rules incessantly, is now a proponent of less changes are better.

Back