Congratulations 2018 Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt.

Remove this Banner Ad

images

Jack+Riewoldt+Stephen+McBurney+AFL+Rd+21+Richmond+Ex-SQGPabKAl.jpg

cb43601f67f17ad61bea08daaaa3d7b1

166465-ea62dad2-a03e-11e3-b2ad-08c02f4f904c.jpg

661530-jack-riewoldt.jpg

6fe14f0157c858e5c981a0f6ff2989eb

ea68b16d0caaa1d68567f57c77a0386a

rt-jack-riewoldt.jpg

653309-jack-riewoldt.jpg

I'm gonna start off by saying that Reiwoldt had a great season and was rightfully deserving to be an All Australian team member.

However....the Coleman Medal achievement is as hollow as an easter egg. He won purely because he was able to cash in on terrible Gold Coast suns team. In the corresponding game for North Melbourne.....the game was a monsoon and the 200cm forward in Brown was never gonna get a look in.

I don't know how many rounds Brown was in front for but most will consider that to carry for much more weight than taking the short cuts on s**t opposition.
Dude Riewoldt is easily better than Brown, had by far a better season and if wasn't knocked out against St Kilda Jack would've finished almost 10 goals in front of Brown

images

661530-jack-riewoldt.jpg

rt-jack-riewoldt.jpg

653309-jack-riewoldt.jpg

I'm gonna start off by saying that Reiwoldt had a great season and was rightfully deserving to be an All Australian team member.

However....the Coleman Medal achievement is as hollow as an easter egg. He won purely because he was able to cash in on terrible Gold Coast suns team. In the corresponding game for North Melbourne.....the game was a monsoon and the 200cm forward in Brown was never gonna get a look in.

I don't know how many rounds Brown was in front for but most will consider that to carry for much more weight than taking the short cuts on s**t opposition.

You do realise you guys played Gold Coast twice

images

Reading that, anyone would think Brown didn't get a second crack at Gold Coast under the roof...

Riewoldt was opposed to Steven May for much of the game. No key forward had ever kicked more than 7 against a Suns team containing May. That said, their defensive setup was abysmal on the day and allowed Riewoldt to take a number of uncontested marks inside 50. May may or may not have had one foot out the door, mentally.

Riewoldt and Brown played 9 times against sides that finished in the eight, with Riewoldt kicking 28 goals to Brown's 23. That was the difference in the end.

And that picture is of Curtis The Boy taking a goal off Richmond against Fremantle, which ultimately cost us the game. In a rare admission, the AFL later conceded the free against Riewoldt was a mistake.

Reading that, anyone would think Brown didn't get a second crack at Gold Coast under the roof...

Riewoldt was opposed to Steven May for much of the game. No key forward had ever kicked more than 7 against a Suns team containing May. That said, their defensive setup was abysmal on the day and allowed Riewoldt to take a number of uncontested marks inside 50. May may or may not have had one foot out the door, mentally.

Riewoldt and Brown played 9 times against sides that finished in the eight, with Riewoldt kicking 28 goals to Brown's 23. That was the difference in the end.

And that picture is of Curtis The Boy taking a goal off Richmond against Fremantle, which ultimately cost us the game. In a rare admission, the AFL later conceded the free against Riewoldt was a mistake.
You don't argue with Ron the Bear, he knows more about football than anyone else

images

661530-jack-riewoldt.jpg

rt-jack-riewoldt.jpg

653309-jack-riewoldt.jpg

North had a softer draw than the tigers this season. Therefore Brown had more opportunities to kick more goals against a poorer opposition.
Ben wasn’t good enough to cash in on that fact. Try again Dan.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

If you have a look at the stats for Hawkins, Reiwoldt, Brown, Franklin, tackles, marks, assists inside 50 etc
Browns strongest talent and biggest contribution to his team is his higher conversion rate.
Jack has contributed more to his team across the board this year and for the last ten years than Brown has this year.

images

661530-jack-riewoldt.jpg

rt-jack-riewoldt.jpg

653309-jack-riewoldt.jpg

Great. If Richmond don’t win the flag we can still spout about how we led the competition for the most rounds.

images

661530-jack-riewoldt.jpg

rt-jack-riewoldt.jpg

653309-jack-riewoldt.jpg

Jesus christ have a sook mate. I don't know what goes through someones head when posting this kind of garbage. Add to the fact you went and found 9 pictures of Jack to upload with it.

You forgot you played GC twice? Also you had a easier draw overall. Plus the game when Jack got knocked out in the first few minutes!

Jesus christ have a sook mate. I don't know what goes through someones head when posting this kind of garbage. Add to the fact you went and found 9 pictures of Jack to upload with it.

You forgot you played GC twice? Also you had a easier draw overall. Plus the game when Jack got knocked out in the first few minutes!

Lol played them twice!

Completely ruined his argument in one hit.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

images

661530-jack-riewoldt.jpg

rt-jack-riewoldt.jpg

653309-jack-riewoldt.jpg

Go stick the 2015 EF on replay, it will make you feel better, you lot will always have that.

Go stick the 2015 EF on replay, it will make you feel better, you lot will always have that.

Jarrod Waite certainly has it on a loop in his dvd player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During Jack's career he has regularly kicked bags against St Kilda (he's also performed well historically in the wet btw), but he was knocked out in the 1st quarter of that game. I could also add that Brown had every opportunity in the last game where his team was dominating against a minnow in a dead rubber to catch up and failed. But I'd rather quote good old comrade Trotsky: "If it wasn't for the snow and the police you could walk naked in Moscow in the wintertime."

What’s with the North bitterness in this thread?

Geez, imagine the smarminess of their supporters if Brown eventually wins the Coleman.
Fortunately we won’t have to ever worry about that

This is the guy who thinks Richmond should drop Trent Cotchin because he doesn't pick enough cheapies. Back to the bay, Troll.

Junktime Jack winning Colemans when everyone else falls over

Please expand. I’m really interested in your thoughts and views. Really, i am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back