CHBenchwarmer

All Australian
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
03GeMe17SB%200209-620x370.jpg

Congratulations to this inspiring lad who tonight plays his 50th game!

It might've taken him 7 years since debut but the way he has continued after continuous ACL injuries and setbacks. I have heard he is always there for other players regardless of club to support those going through he had too!

What a great story this is.

Well done to Daniel, and Geelong for sticking with him.

Geelong board.

Garbage.

If you reckon this isn't something fans of the sport can appreciate, maybe you should be the one confined to a single club board.

I know he's playing great footy, but it still has to be impacted by the damage done and lack of development he's missed. It makes it all the more impressive and yet also a what could have been type situation at the same time. Congrats and good luck to him, just more shockers against the Bombers please.

I guess we can expect threads for every 50 gamer then. I look forward to the threads this week for Mark Blicavs for his 100th and maybe even more when teams are announced.

Will provide hope to a lot of players with his comeback, deserves a heap of credit for his perseverance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember that comeback game. I was watching it in Thailand at an Aussie bar with a Geelong & a Collingwood supporter. From memory Collingwood thrashed them but Menz played a screamer.

Good on ya mate! A great story.

I guess we can expect threads for every 50 gamer then. I look forward to the threads this week for Mark Blicavs for his 100th and maybe even more when teams are announced.

If you don't like the thread why comment on it? it takes more effort to whine and complain than it does to retort.

Take your negativity back to the NMFC board where it belongs.

I'm wondering if perhaps there might be something about Menzel's path to reach 50 games that separates him from most/all others that have done so in the past. Something that makes it a much more significant achievement than usual.

Nothing springs to mind - do you know of anything?

I'm wondering if perhaps there might be something about Menzel's path to reach 50 games that separates him from most/all others that have done so in the past. Something that makes it a much more significant achievement than usual.

Nothing springs to mind - do you know of anything?
Nope, he played 49 games before it just like everyone else.

Always a great story to see a player overcome extreme adversity in this case 4 knee reconstructions and then go on to play good footy and celebrate a milestone like 50 games.

Other threads on page 1 of the mainboard

"What are some funny stories from your junior/Auskick days"
"Which fans are the most die-hard in the AFL"
"Did you play footy as a kid"
"Talking Footy Muppet"
"AFL look-alikes - chapter 6"

But no, we must defend the sanctity of the mainboard with everything we have.

Maybe you'd feel better if we made more UFC or minecraft threads on the mainboard. :$ #neckbeard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back