Toast Congratulations David Neitz AFL Hall of Fame inductee

Was gonna say everytime he missed his first shot you may aswell have turned the TV off haha. Legend though. Never would have thought when he retired it would be almost a decade before we could find someone worthy enough to even be called a key forward.
It’s lik trying to find a spinner post-Warney. I reckon Jesse even looks a bit like him. Both played CHB at one stage too

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It’s lik trying to find a spinner post-Warney. I reckon Jesse even looks a bit like him. Both played CHB at one stage too

It's funny when you are a kid in that era you just assumed everyone had a FF who could kick bags.

Although funny that Neitz biggest scandal was belting some campaigners at crown while Hogans was smoking a cigarette. Different eras lol

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Installed an air-conditioner for him several years ago. He thought i was pretty cool. He was uber cool. We had a bromance for the day. Needless to say he got mates rates.
So many great days watching him in awe. Absolute legend of the club, deserves every accolade!!
This reminds me of story. Not quite relevant but I know a carpet layer simply goes by Robbo. He got quite a suprise when he went to a job to find Russell Robertson answered the door. He said with quite some enthusiasm "ROBBO" , Russell Robertson then replied "yeah mate what's your name?" the carpet layer replied "ROBBO". Not very relevant but was nice seeing Russell Robbo at the event last night. Was a big part of neitz' forward line.

Back