Balip

Team Captain
Mar 13, 2001
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Congratulations Freo that was another stellar performance today. To loose by 49 points after being 15 points up 10 mins into the final quarter takes a special kind of team.

At least your consistant, all 5 games this year you could have won but you blew the lot!

Mssrs Maclean, Hatt, Drum and the players what do you propose to improve the situation for next week??

(Sorry guys i'm just really frustrated after todays pathetic fade out!!)

Sorry! So you should bloody be!

and this coming from a Brissy Supporter!

Gotta say I am still in shock that we won. Freo put in a fantastic effort today. Their midfield shut ours down for more than 3/4 of the game.

Cripes before you start baggin them - remember this - when voss is moved out of the centre, and the forwards and backs seem to swap or jump around - you know you are doing something right!

Lions were pathetic - Freo made em look even worse.

Scoreline belies the game. Freo were the ones that played the best footy for most of the day.

Lions just suddenly woke up and remembered that they can play footy for a 20 minute period.

Freo will get there - I am sure they will, after watching them today.

Originally posted by Danni:

Gotta say I am still in shock that we won. Freo put in a fantastic effort today. Their midfield shut ours down for more than 3/4 of the game.

Cripes before you start baggin them - remember this - when voss is moved out of the centre, and the forwards and backs seem to swap or jump around - you know you are doing something right!

Scoreline belies the game. Freo were the ones that played the best footy for most of the day.

Lions just suddenly woke up and remembered that they can play footy for a 20 minute period.

Sorry Danni but we Docker supporters are the ones who are sorry,our mob blew it well and truely.The last thing we need is to be told that this was another honourable loss,as someone else said that is CRAP there is no such beast.I suppose that if we lose to Melbourne next week it will be another{sorry I can't say it}loss.All the old cliches like the best young team in the league,team with the most potential all mean nothing unless they start to get some wins on the board.I believe that our strength is also our weakness in that our on ballers get the ball but their delivery into the forward line is shocking.Our turnover rate is shocking our skill level is shocking.It is no good blaming Drum as he doesn't run out on to the ground and hold their hand,the players must accept responsibility for their inactions.All are grossly over paid for their performances.

Well todays performance certainly gives justice to you nickname .. The Fremantle Shockers.

LMAO .. that performance was absolutely disgusting. I really really really really feel for you poor poor poor poor Dockers fans. No other team in the league would have lost from that position yet the Dockers find a way.

What more can i say but .......... sorry. And ....... spoon.

------------------
Use the force Luke ....

Originally posted by anchor man:
Sorry Danni but we Docker supporters are the ones who are sorry,our mob blew it well and truely.The last thing we need is to be told that this was another honourable loss,as someone else said that is CRAP there is no such beast.I suppose that if we lose to Melbourne next week it will be another{sorry I can't say it}loss.All the old cliches like the best young team in the league,team with the most potential all mean nothing unless they start to get some wins on the board.I believe that our strength is also our weakness in that our on ballers get the ball but their delivery into the forward line is shocking.Our turnover rate is shocking our skill level is shocking.It is no good blaming Drum as he doesn't run out on to the ground and hold their hand,the players must accept responsibility for their inactions.All are grossly over paid for their performances.

Congratulations Anchorman...you are one of the only logical, sensible and intelligent Fremantle supporters on this board. Finally a Freo Supporter with some sense. Sabre, you should read this and LEARN.

Originally posted by Danni:

Danni, i know what you mean...but "freo will get there, im sure they will"...you usually say that baout making the finals, not winning a single match!!!

Thing about Fremantle is...theyve been close to winning all year ,they have a much better percentage than North...but if they do win say next week..they are 1-5, and the season is still deplorable. With all this potential we hear about...i hate to say it, but theyve got worse than last year!! At least last year they were winning games. This year they are not. Its the players not the coach...the coach is playing the young guys, its the players that need to hold their hand up on the field and be counted for, not Damien Drum. I dont think ANY coach can help Fremantle at this point in time. They just look lost, and even from winable positions, they dont know how to finish a game off. To let got 13 goals in a last quarter of a game is disgraceful...none of this honourable crap...you can be up there for 3 quarters...but if you cant win at the end, and if you let thru 13 goals in 20 minutes of football then there is something seriously wrong with the attitude of the players, and something wrong in the minds of the players. Ive got no idea what it is. Ive been accused of hating fremantle, bagging them, not being praiseful of them, and having an anti freo campaign. This is not so. It is awfully hard to be praiseful and positive to a team that is 0-5 and that loses from winable positions. Its hard to say Well Done, and in fact i can not say it about Fremantle at all. Any normal footballer supporter would feel the same way.

I feel sorry for Fremantle...they have a few star players (Bell, Modra) and a few really good youngsters (Pavlich, Haselby)...but unfortunatly after those 4 players and Waterhouse, the list is a shocker. Way too inexperienced and they just do not have the class and skill to win games at the moment. That is the fact of the matter.

They have versed some of the better teams in the comp though bar WC which will only be about 11 or 12 this year.

Vis

Your dead right Balip. I've never seen such a pitiful 4th quarter effort.

No need to apologise for your frustrations - if anything I think we freo supporters deserve an apology.

South Fremantle, East Fremantle and the Dockers - two of these teams have a proud tradition and play a hard accountable brand of footy, the other team has no heart!

yes i think we all agree that their 4th quarter was a shocker but some good things will have come out of that game
like pavlich's great performance bell and bandy playing well heath black playing well
unfortunately i think modra is going to be dropped for next week as his performances have been shocking 2 possetions in 2 matches i think his time is nearly over unless he can give us a spectacular performance of 10 goals soon

I have no words to describe how dissapointed i am. I will forever stick by them, so dont think otherwise, but i need some serious questions answered. Why have they ALLWAYS been like this??
A question that damien was and has been asked by the press a couple of weeks in a row after the game is, "Have the players forgotten how to win?", and i truly believe so. NO other team would/could have lost with having so much confidence with a 15 point lead and getting thrashed in the matter of 20 minutes!
I was very upset after the game, almost in tears because i almost felt sorry for them for having no ability to jump over a team and register a win. I had so much hope and faith going into the last quarter and it was COMPLETELY shattered in a matter of minutes.
Is there anyone us dockers fans and supporters can email and get a serious reply back from?
i doubt it.
confused.gif

Originally posted by freo_fan:

A question that damien was and has been asked by the press a couple of weeks in a row after the game is, "Have the players forgotten how to win?", and i truly believe so. NO other team would/could have lost with having so much confidence with a 15 point lead and getting thrashed in the matter of 20 minutes!
confused.gif

well i will just say wat i heard drummy say
if they had forgotten how to win then they wouldn't have fought so hard coming into the 4th quarter of each of their games so far
they may not have won games but they have been playing better than last year and maybe that will get them over the line this week i know melbourne is a good team but maybe freo will have confidence and come onto the field wanting it more than melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back