Toast Congratulations Jack Silvagni - 'It's just a game of football' ...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm firmly onboard. I was at the game on the weekend and I genuinely found myself looking for him in the forward line more than any other player. Instinctually I was thinking of him as our go to forward, such was his performance on the weekend!

You can't coach composure (well, you can kind of, to an extent) but this kid has it in spades. Probably used to being under that pressure his whole life, so kicking for goal isn't really that big of a deal for the lad!

Is he destroying the "not ready" theory? He was drafted extremely raw, only played school footy and a few games of VFL and is now thriving in the AFL against grown men.

Maybe we'll do the same with Mckay.

Not really. At this point I'd say he's an exception to the rule as opposed to changing the rule. He has tremendous pedigree and clearly has more composure than most kids drafted due to his name.

As I said before, he's pretty well used to pressure by now. So playing a game of AFL football isn't that big of a deal compared to other players, pressure wise.

Loving what I'm seeing so far. Showing real talent.

I admit; at the start of the year I thought of him as a project player who needed a couple of big years I'm the gym before he'd be ready. He's proved me wrong.

Still gets pushed off it much too easily (even then he's showing a knack to hold marks under pressure) but at his playing weight at the moment he's still well above where he should be.

When he puts another 10-15 kilos on that frame he's going to be an A grade third tall.

A few neutrals have been commenting he goes alright too which is always a good sign.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke that would grow complacent or rest on his laurels either. I expect a huge off and preseason from him and a bigger year next year.

Can't fault his genuine love for the club either.

Reckon we've got one here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. At this point I'd say he's an exception to the rule as opposed to changing the rule. He has tremendous pedigree and clearly has more composure than most kids drafted due to his name.

As I said before, he's pretty well used to pressure by now. So playing a game of AFL football isn't that big of a deal compared to other players, pressure wise.
Yeah he's physically raw but has the class and football nous of someone much more established. Look at Daniel Rioli for another example.

I didn't think he'd play at all this year,and maybe not much next year.

He was a young, skinny, late draft pick that played less rep football than most draftees.

But I guess class wins out over all of those factors. Just seems such a natural footballer.

I didn't think he'd play at all this year,and maybe not much next year.

He was a young, skinny, late draft pick that played less rep football than most draftees.

But I guess class wins out over all of those factors. Just seems such a natural footballer.

Led Lamb got pushed out of the side quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back