Toast Congratulations on 50 games Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wayne Milera is still only 21 and will play his 50th game this Saturday against Melbourne in Darwin. I have to keep reminding myself of how young he is in footy terms. He seems to be the complete package. Skill, poise, evasiveness (in spades) and pace. Will be interesting to see what heights he reaches. Will he end up being one of the competitions elite? He certainly has that potential. I really love watching him play and to think that we should have another 10 years of watching him and he really is only just getting started.

This actually surprised me. Thought he'd been around a lot longer. That Chaplin dance around feels like a very long time ago.

He has the traits for sure. Last weekend we got to see some forward skills that he was known for in the juniors. If he can transition into the midfield with stints in the forward line, he could be a very dangerous player.

Onya Junior! Time for his transition to mainly midfield duties to begin and give us a bit of x factor in the engine room

Excellent effort Wayne Milera Junior, you are one of our genuinely quick players and better still, continue to improve as a player, keep trying to get better and we will all continue to enjoy watching the journey. Well done!

He’s only 21 and has all the traits. He should be a multiple AA midfielder and 250/300 game player.

As a side note, I actually REALLY liked him as a forward last week.
Goes to show when you have genuine class and a footy brain, you can be put anywhere and can be just as damaging!

Hasn't been played as a mainstay forward for around 3 years, and after coming back from a shoulder injury, showed Murphy/Gooch/Chayce how it's done!
Could genuinely be the next coming of an Andrew McLeod. Looking forward to see how he progress in the next 50 games!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me he’s midfield/forward.

He’s not a natural defender and trails his opponent. We’ve seen how good he is in close and we lack his class in the midfield. We’ve also seen how good he is close to goals.

We need to stop ******* around with his role. Get him in the middle and let him develop.

For me he’s midfield/forward.

He’s not a natural defender and trails his opponent. We’ve seen how good he is in close and we lack his class in the midfield. We’ve also seen how good he is close to goals.

We need to stop ******* around with his role. Get him in the middle and let him develop.

I agree with this, although I wouldn't say he's not good in defence, I'd say he is a more a natural sweeper in defence. With the 6 6 6 rule, I don't think sweepers are as effective. You need multidimensional defenders that can do everything if the 6 6 6 rule remains.

Wayne Milera is still only 21 and will play his 50th game this Saturday against Melbourne in Darwin. I have to keep reminding myself of how young he is in footy terms. He seems to be the complete package. Skill, poise, evasiveness (in spades) and pace. Will be interesting to see what heights he reaches. Will he end up being one of the competitions elite? He certainly has that potential. I really love watching him play and to think that we should have another 10 years of watching him and he really is only just getting started.

That escalated quickly !

How time flies

He played a pearler last week

Champion in the making

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back