Toast Congratulations Patrick Cripps & Sam Docherty - Co-Captains

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the video on CFC website. Cripps spoke fantastically well. No doubt they will drive some very high standards.

Was a little disappointed with the lack of claps and cheers and even the body language of some of our players, it was pretty poor during the speeches actually.

Sorry to be a killjoy and love them both, but I fear there is a lack of courage in just going with a tough decision and picking one.
Normally I'd agree, but in this instance it would have been just to much of a disappointment to members if one had missed out, and there has been enough division in the club. This is a decision that had to happen and shows 'union' in purpose.

I think they will go together pretty well. I like Murph and he has not had the best run recently with injuries etc. Hopefully, with a bit less pressure he will thrive in 2019+

With our young team, I think having someone with the physicality of Cripps is a great asset. In games this year on multiple occasions someone would be dirty or rough to one of the kids and next minute Cripps would come through like a steam train letting them know his thoughts. Murphy certainly waved the flag but does have the physical presence (or mongrel) that Cripps has.

Just watched the video on CFC website. Cripps spoke fantastically well. No doubt they will drive some very high standards.

Was a little disappointed with the lack of claps and cheers and even the body language of some of our players, it was pretty poor during the speeches actually.
hasn't his presentation lifted from the stuttering country kid of 3 years ago? 3 years under packs and in the limelight will do that.........

I’m so proud of him and Doc for being co captains, I really think they’ll hold up the cup in the next few years.

Here’s a flashback of Cripps, even oozing leadership back then.

And one of Doc. “You gotta do what the team needs you to do.”

My biggest issue now is whether to get 9 or 15 on the back of the guernsey.

I’m so proud of him and Doc for being co captains, I really think they’ll hold up the cup in the next few years.

Here’s a flashback of Cripps, even oozing leadership back then.

And one of Doc. “You gotta do what the team needs you to do.”

My biggest issue now is whether to get 9 or 15 on the back of the guernsey.

Get both.

Best decision we could have made.

Next year or 2 might be rough as well, but they can bounce their energy off each other to convince all the players to stick to the process and the plan.

I daresay a roshambo will occur preseason to decide who's in the middle for the toin coss Rd 1.

Looking forward to 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone else notice the hard edge in doc's voice & the look in his eye when he suggested to the group he would be driving standards high?

Absolutely and why some of us have been advocating for him as captain for some time now.
You won't want to get on the wrong side of Docherty and you best 'GO' when you have to go.

Weitering will become a better player under Docs guidance and direction. Actually, all the back-men will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back