Toast Congratulations Patrick Cripps - Winner of the 2015 JNM

Remove this Banner Ad

Phenomenal effort from a phenomenal young footballer.

Well done to Patrick who now has his name etched into the CFC history books at just 20 years of age.

The first of many, I'm sure. Scary to think how many he could win by the time he hangs up the boots.

It is still hard to believe he did not win the Rising Star :mad:

I need someone to put together a Zac Pac for me as I cannot believe he came 3rd (sry to all his fans)

Fantastic effort by Crippa & his acceptance speech had leader written all over it. He will replace Murphy as skipper in 2-3 years' time.

I also take my hat off to the much maligned Ed Curnow. A Top 5 finish is just reward for one of the hardest workers at the club. I'm so pleased that his efforts were acknowledged by the Match Committee. If there was one thing you could be certain of each week, no matter how bad we were playing, it was that Ed was going to give you 100% effort. His hard running to get to contests or to create an option for his teammates was always a highlight of our games.

Well done Crisps, see you in the Ochre soon ;)

But honestly he put together an exceptional season. Even made Old Man Crawford watchable. Just.

A point of interest ... Nicholls was younger by age, but he was in his third season when he first won the B&F (Robert Reynolds Trophy) ..... Not that it's important, just something for consideration.

Youngest b&f winners at Carlton by age at last game:

Age|Player|Year|Gms
\20y37d|Nicholls, John|1959|52
\20y171d|Cripps, Patrick|2015|23
\20y305d|Southby, Geoff|1971|21
\21y214d|James, John|1955|51
\21y346d|Southby, Geoff|1972|46
\22y|Howell, Jack E.|1946|33
\22y176d|McIntyre, Don|1937|30
\22y302d|Buckley, Jim|1982|94
\22y339d|Bradley, Craig|1986|25
\23y93d|Silvagni, Stephen|1990|97
42nd-youngest from all clubs. Recent younger winners are Wingard & J.Cameron, then back to N.Riewoldt and Voss.

Anybody got the full list of the votes from last night?

Last edited:
Just want to ask the question... Would any other current captain in the AFL lose their respective BnF to a 2nd year player?

In my opinion Murphy battled through injury in the first half of the year and then stormed home. I guess it depends on the quality of the second year player, in Cripps we have a sublime young talent who has the work ethic and hunger. I look forward to he, Murphy and Gibbs tearing it up next season and many years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to ask the question... Would any other current captain in the AFL lose their respective BnF to a 2nd year player?
Take a look at these afl rankings:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2015&rt=LA&st=CP
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2015&rt=LA&st=HB
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2015&rt=LA&st=CL

I think Cripps season would poll more BnF votes than about half of the captains (particularly given injury issues some of them had - Ablett, Rockliff etc)

Indictment on this footy club that a player with 3 games experience before this season can win the B&F, but then again we all know how much of a rabble this club is. Good on the kid, one of a few who put in every game. If only players like Yarran/Menzel would do likewise.

Glad to see Bell do well and was hoping he got top 3 as think he deserved something. Murphy unlucky as I feel he was better than cripps for the year. Felt cripps would of got more votes for being young. If he has the same year in 3 years time probably comes 3rd as it will be expected (like murphys performances).

The next step is for these mids (Murphy, Gibbs, Cripps etc) to kick more goals. We don't get enough from them. Tom Bell the only one who we did.

It is still hard to believe he did not win the Rising Star :mad:

I need someone to put together a Zac Pac for me as I cannot believe he came 3rd (sry to all his fans)
When you look at his stats for the season that rank him amongst the highest in the AFL it is hard to believe he didnt win the Rising Star award. But then look at the judging panel and he was never a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back